Your Football Manager 2008 Your Teams

Broomloanblues1

After 1 Season Ive Champions League Semi Final (Lost 3-2 To Man Utd) Spl Wrapped Up Scottish Cup Win But I Was Knocked Out The Cis Cup From Celtic Got Beat 2-1 They Injured 3 of my player and i only had like 1 sub left

The whole of my Rangers team:

GK: Igor Akinfeev, Allan McGregor, Neil Alexander

DF: Luis Prieto, Alexey Berezutskiy, Vasily Berezutskiy, Sergey Ignashevic, Carlos Cuellar, Majid Bougherra,Hutton Papac

MF:Antonio Valencia,Barry Ferguson,Kevin Thomson,.Aaron Lennon.xabi alonso (loan),Wright Phillips (loan)

ST: Ashley Young ,Kris Boyd,Andrius Velicka,Marlon Harewood , yakubu , Klasnic Novo

Starting 11

-------------------Allan McGregor------------------

Hutton---------Cuellar-----------Bougherra----------Papac

Lennon---------Thomson-------Ferguson-----------Phillips

----------------------Young----------------------------------

-------------------------------Boyd-----------------------------

Best Result

Rangers 4 - 0 Inter Millan

Worst Result

Rangers 1 - 2 Falkirk

Top Scorers

Young 13

Boyd 10

Klasnic 8

Harewood 6

Yakubu 4

Novo 2

Can I ask how you could afford Akinfeev, Berezutskiy brothers, valencia, ashley young, Klasnic and Yakubu in your first season :S :lol:

You can do this from editor data.exe file :) With that file you can buy every player you want :) How do you think i sold McCulloch for 17 mil to Stoke C ? :rolleyes:

My Rangers team after 3 seasons was:

GK: Jose Alamo

DL: Erik Edman

DR: Cristian Sarghi

DC: Carlos Cuellar

DC: Arturo Vidal

DMC: Kevin Thomson

AMC: Aquino

AMC: Cesar Villaluz

AMC: Sergio Mota

Stt: Kris Boyd

Stt: Andre Pierre Gignac

Good squad on paper, just utter crap in the game.

Got me sacked :(

My Rangers team after 3 seasons was:

GK: Jose Alamo

DL: Erik Edman

DR: Cristian Sarghi

DC: Carlos Cuellar

DC: Arturo Vidal

DMC: Kevin Thomson

AMC: Aquino

AMC: Cesar Villaluz

AMC: Sergio Mota

Stt: Kris Boyd

Stt: Andre Pierre Gignac

Good squad on paper, just utter crap in the game.

Got me sacked :(

just signed vidal myself, he's amazing!

had a bit accepted by the chairman for Thomson tho, he went to Napoli for 17 million!

Villluz is amazing too, had Gignac in one of my games and he wasent as amazing as people made out, scored a goal every three games or so!

Eight seasons into my updated FM2007, and my squad is.

GK - Akinfeev or Degre.

RB - Takahoe / John Scott / Danny Szetela.

LB - Damien Herduin or Eddie Karlsson.

CB - Vincent Kompany / Vidal / Garay / Berra / Scott Durie.

CM - John Obi Mikel / Kaka / Diego / Yoel Goldstein / Ally Park.

AM/Wingers - Silva / Guy Asulin / Fleck / Martial Riff.

Strikers - Podolski / Saviet / Millian / Canjuga.

McGregor

Danny Murphy - Jose Nunes - Cuellar - Papac

Xabi Prieto - Thomson - Ferguson - Antonio Valencia

Pablo Delgado - Boyd

5th season currently Ferguson and Papac are about to retire within the next few, Got Xabi Prieto on a free and now he's worth 5 million, Bought Antionio Valencia but I have better youth players and he can fetch up to about 5-7 million.

What I'm trying to do now is just try is get youth players coming through and buy young ones that can grow and will be here for more years.

In my 4th season..

Broadfoot ( Made him captain on my 1st season, Worth 14million now after 2 good champions league runs, came 3rd in best defender thing for Europe.)

Mcgreggor

Mcmillan Broadfoot Kompany Papac

Hutton Davis Lampard(3million + Cuellar) Gow

Fletcher Boyd

Won the title last 2 seasons, First season came 2nd. 5 points behind Celtic.

Second season won by 7 points and last season won by 13.. Aberdeen and Hibs are my main challengers now.

Boyd scored 101 goals in 3 full seasons.

Broadfoot captain. Got lampard from Chelsea, they were interested in Cuellar, Who wasnt that good anyways. Rejected a 8.6million bid.. Lampard was unhappy.. thought worth a shot .. Accepted.. 45k a week.

I made a mistake earlier it's actually 7 seasons I've done, dunno where I got 5 from.

Modified my team with some new signings - trying to buy youth but there's a lot of unknown talent in my team now.

Playing 4-4-2

Won 5 league titles and a total of 8 cups won including the games version of the Eufa Cup twice. Apart from the league my team has struggled in other domestic competitions.

Here is my whole team

GK - Allan McGregor - Value £2.3m

DL - Steven Whitteker - Value £2m

DR - Alan Lowing - Value 725k ( he is this low as I've only recently started to play him again)

DC - Alberto Sanz - Value £7.75m

DC - Sasa Papac - Value £80k

ML - Pablo Delgado - Value 4.5m

MR - Artur Fernandes - Value £5.5m

MC - Steve Murray - Value £4.7m

MC - Pablo Fernandez - Value £ 1.6m

FC - Allesandro Esposito - Value £8.5m

FC - Abdoulaye Cisse - £4.7m

SB1 (SC) Luis Lopez - 4.1m

SB2 (GK) Adam Szalai - 3.2m

SB3 (MC) Darryl McDonald £1.4m

SB4 (AM) Ronaldinhio - 1.1m

SB5 (SC) Ross Black - 300k

SB6 (AM) Ivan Fernanzes - 2.3m

SB7 (MC) Kevin Thomson - 2m

The Rest

Ross Russell - DMC -12k

Kevin Martin - SC - 150k

Simon Hughes - SC - 60k

DaMarcus Beasley - AM LC - 500k

Cameron Callaghan - GK - 45k

Kris Boyd - SC - 2m

As you can see 4 out of the 6 of the rest have came through my youth system and are still only 17/18. Ross Black and Darryl McDonald have also come through the youth system and have played well and came into the first team. I tend to have Ivan Fernanzes in the team but he is out with a long term injury but should be back in time for next season, luckily I got Steve Martin on a bosman as he is talented and 26 years old so he will still develop and can be sold for more.

My front 2 I tend to alternate between having the line up of Esposito/ Cisse, Lopez/ Cisse and Esposito/ Lopez.

Trying to get a new DC and a DL right now as Papac is coming to the end of his career and I've recently got shot of Cuellar, Steven Whitteker just doesn't do it for me.

The problem I also have is Pablo Delgado seems to pick up tons of injurys throughout the season, he only got 30 games last season and 25 the year before, but he is 21 and is worth 4.5m and he is a influence on the team scoring for fun from his position. I'm considering cutting my loses as although it's only a game I don't want to see a player worth that much money roting on my bench and being used as an impact player.

Ronaldinhio was brought in for £7 million when he was 32, I was originally a bit skeptical about buying him at that price and that age but his wages only turned out to be £47,000 a week and my board allowed that as he was a vital player. I've not looked back since with 3 seasons under his belt he has played in 112 games and scored 67. With an average rating each season being around 8.50. I'm tending to use him a lot less now as I'm banking on youth and I want my team to be in the same mould as Arsenal.

Total Spent in - £76M

Players Sold - £85M

The majority of my money coming in has been from young talent from South american countries such as Argentina as they are on not a huge wage you can take them and watch them develope. I've tried not to make Rangers a selling club in the game but offers from other clubs has proven to great in the past wrestling the likes of Xabi Prieto, Antonio Valencia and John Fleck away from me.

-----------------------Costil---------------------

Sarghi--------Berra--------Bougherra-----Krol

Alvarez------Ferguson-----Thomson------Beasley

---------------Lafferty-------Boyd-----------------

Something like that. Matejovsky, Shawky, Dervite, Whittaker, Smith, Furman, Naismith, Cousin and Velicka can all come in.

Ahh! Disaster Transfer window has closed and one of my best players Artur Fernandes is out for 4 months!

On the bright side I've recruited a young talented argentinian defender who's wage is very minimal. Bloody hell forgot it's only the scottish transfer windo that's closed, just got a 21.5m offer for another top player of mine Alberto Sanz

I'm keeping you all up to date as if I don't tell somebody i'll cry.

Rejected the bids for Alberto Sanz and Esposito. My team is now all under 26 apart from McGregor and a very good unknown striker who is 28 that I bought for cover. I should of possibly sold Esposito looking back as he has done his cruciates and it will be some before he actually comes back.

Looking for a good defender - anybody have any suggestions?

I'm keeping you all up to date as if I don't tell somebody i'll cry.

Rejected the bids for Alberto Sanz and Esposito. My team is now all under 26 apart from McGregor and a very good unknown striker who is 28 that I bought for cover. I should of possibly sold Esposito looking back as he has done his cruciates and it will be some before he actually comes back.

Looking for a good defender - anybody have any suggestions?

Rigione from Chievo

Antwi from Liverpool

Aaron - valencia (Rangers Now) - ST

Alexandre Pato - AC Milan - FC

Anderson - Man Utd - AMC

Banega - Boca - DM

Bojan - Barcelona - ST

dos Santos - Barcelona - AMLC

Giovinco - Juventus - ALMC

Guardado - Deportivo - WB/AML

Lulinha - Corinthians - AMC

Saivet - Bordeaux - AMRL/FC