A stepping stone club?

BLUENIZ

So it looks like Carlos asked to leave and wasn't quite forced out the exit this time. In fairness to the Murray, Bain and co it looks like they at least made some attempt to persuade him to stay.

If what i have read is true, Cuellar felt he had to move on to better himself and meet his ambitions of playing for Spain.

I can't help but get the feeling that he wanted to stay, but looked around and saw a club lacking in ambition and direction. This saddens me but i can't really blame him, the current state we are in.

Obviously the bright lights of the premiership will always turn a players head, but when a player signs for us surely they are told they are here to become part of something special. This is why it saddens me to see that more and more it feels we are becoming a " stepping stone " to bigger and allegedly better things for many of the footballing mercenaries that pass through the doors at Ibrox. Do the managment and owners not make it clear to our new signings what it really is to be a Ranger?

It seems a lot of these players have the attiutude of " one decent season at Rangers and i'll get the big move to England ". FFS, Cousin was barely in the door and he was working his ticket to Fulham.

Our signing policy and unwillingness to blood our own youngsters smacks of short term thinking. Are our aspirations really only to do the bare minimum to win the league back? We dont seem to be buliding towards anything long term on ,or off the park. If Fleck or Furman do ever establish themselves in our first team, how long before they are sold on? We seem to getting left behind commercially and financially by Sellick ( a club that nearly went under 15 odd years ago FFS ) let alone the rest of Europe.

Being a Rangers player should be the pinnacle of ANY players career, the prestige and honour of pulling on the jersey should be reinforced to all future signings. We should not be a selling club.I just dont see where the club is heading at the moment, and i dont know who has the answers. Certainly not the current hierarchy.

Anyone?

Oh come on to fuck. Surely this shite has to stop now. Ok Cuellar is gone. Lets get over it and move on.

Its thousands of peoples dream to play for this club. We are not a stepping stone. We are a club in which players come to and if they transfer, they transfer doesn't mean we are a stepping stone.

We need some positive stuff on this forum. Sick tierd hearing about Cuéllar leaving and what it is going to do to the club and stuff.

And just compare it to Celtic. Larsson stayed for 7 years, Boruc has been there for 3 years and doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon, Nakamura isn't going anywhere and so on. If they can hold onto their best players why can't we!?

Thats what i'm trying to get at. The whole mind set of our club should be to keep hold of our best players to build a side, and keep it together. The sale of Hutton has set a precedent. Our club is in a state of dissaray, the team full of veterans, has beens and never was'. No sense of continuity or building for the future.

And just compare it to Celtic. Larsson stayed for 7 years, Boruc has been there for 3 years and doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon, Nakamura isn't going anywhere and so on. If they can hold onto their best players why can't we!?

Have there been any offers for boruc? We keep hearing he's in demand but is he really?

Have there been any offers for boruc? We keep hearing he's in demand but is he really?

Boruc is a good enough keeper to at least get a move to the premiership. I hate the man with a passion but there no denying hes a fantastic goalkeeper.

Oh come on to fuck. Surely this shite has to stop now. Ok Cuellar is gone. Lets get over it and move on.

Its thousands of peoples dream to play for this club. We are not a stepping stone. We are a club in which players come to and if they transfer, they transfer doesn't mean we are a stepping stone.

We need some positive stuff on this forum. Sick tierd hearing about Cuéllar leaving and what it is going to do to the club and stuff.

To be honest I think the Cuellar fiasco is the straw that has broken the camel's back for most people. It has been in David Edgar's words the "ferocious asset stripping" over the last 6 or 7 years that has culminated in this kind of response.

Cuellar

Hutton

Boumsong

Gio V Bronckhorst

Tugay

Ferguson

Gattuso

Reyna

Moore

are just some of the players I can think of that went for reasonable/big money and who have been replaced by............well, you can see what we are left with now.

evens

To be honest I think the Cuellar fiasco is the straw that has broken the camel's back for most people. It has been in David Edgar's words the "ferocious asset stripping" over the last 6 or 7 years that has culminated in this kind of response.

Cuellar

Hutton

Boumsong

Gio V Bronckhorst

Tugay

Ferguson

Gattuso

Reyna

Moore

are just some of the players I can think of that went for reasonable/big money and who have been replaced by............well, you can see what we are left with now.

evens

The post wasnt intended to be just about the Cuellar sale, it is just a culmination of things that make me question the long term ambitions of the club. Where are we actually headed for, do we have a long term strategy or are we just staggering from season to season aimlessly. The club seems to be in a downward spiral, and those at the top seem quite apathetic to it all.

Yeh, i do understand that mate. But he have had over 30 threads about Cuéllar, Murray + Bain etc, the state of the team.

I think there is only a few threads who give any real optimism, and its putting us into an even bigger stuper.

Cuéllar is gone, get over it. Just get behind the team and vent your angry at a protest or something. We have to get some optimism back on this board.

Its not a lack of optimism, the fact that we are a stepping stone team to the bigger leagues.

Its simply a fact. Its not that bad a thing really. Of course its is a disaster when we lose our biggest player, but it happens to most teams. Lower league teams may discover a hugely talented youngster and never hold on to him, christ the 'biggest team in the world' nearly lost their star player, C. Ronaldo this summer.

The only problem is we dont have more players coming through our doors who turn out to be real big hits. Thats obviously the lack of scouting, or talented scouts for that matter.

And if we dont start playing our youngsters soon, then it seems the whole youth system becomes a bit pointless too.

Its not all doom and gloom as we do have these young boys coming through who will 'eventually' start playing first team football. A bit of patience is maybe whats needed.

God help us if we start shipping them out.

Thats not the issue. I have no problem selling players on and making a profit.

However the money isnt being used to bring in similar or better players and we are being lied too over and over again.

Thats the big problem

And the players are not staying long enough to form a team, bring some success, stability and domestic dominance!! we are nothing more that a conveyor belt to the EPL.

I used to work for a company that kept re-organising and carry out major changes every few years and many staff believed they only kept doing this to hide/brush under the carpets the fuckups from previous administration/management!! Sound familiar???

Good players coming to the SPL will more than likely leave. The problem is if these players are leaving after 1 season. I wouldnt include Gio in the list. Gio was awesome and a fantatsic midfield player who gave 3 good years to Rangers.

I'm not against making money off players whether it be Boumsong, Gio, Hutton or Cuellar et al - as long as we replace with more quality. It is a sad fact we will lose players to the EPL, but its what we do after that has got me angry - we are selling BMW's and replacing with Ford Focus' on a regular and conistent basis and it has been happening for about 6 years now.

It is a drip drip effect........

evens

As David Edgar said, if a rangers player has 6 good months in the royal blue they are flogged for a profit!!! we are a disgrace and a shambles of a club!! oh how we have fallen, its heart breaking!!!