• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Cardiff (Win Outright) Coca Cola Championship Promotion 09/10 6/1 £20.00

Skybet.

Got two more to put on, Swansea and Ipswich to go up.

Just getting in there early even tho I said I'd give gambling a wee rest for a while :P

Skybet.

Just getting in there early even tho I said I'd give gambling a wee rest for a while :P

Addict :pipe:

Skybet.

Addict :pipe:

Thought you'd say something :P

Well I remember last season's 1st day and I spent £100 +, will be on the first few pages of this thread, so by doing it this way, spreads it a bit.

1) Ipswich - Coca Cola Championship - Promotion 7/2 £20.00 £90.00
- the Roy Keane Factor.

Coral

Will wait on Swansea until we see what happens with Martinez

Perhaps naive to believe someone who I've never met before and I mean that with no disrespect to GCL but:

Martinez has agreed terms with Wigan and they have agreed compensation with Swansea........he ain't coming to scotland

Where is it, you heard this?

A journo who writes for the sun....

Instead of putting the £20 on Swansea to get promoted, its now (in my head anyway) on this:

£27.81 Wigan Athletic Roberto Martinez Specials: Club at start of next season - Manager Specials 2/1

Victor Chandler Date: 02/06/2009 Time: 22:06:16 (CET)

S'spose you could call it a tip...

Single @ £100.00Win Wigan Athletic Roberto Martinez Specials: Club at start of next season - Manager Specials 6/4

Sub Total: £ 100.00

VC

Potential return: £250

*Phew* Wigan still interested it seems, well that's the way I'm looking at it anyway :scot:

Come on Dave! :lol:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5361721,00.html

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has made Swansea manager Roberto Martinez his leading target to replace Steve Bruce.

Bruce parted company with the Latics on Wednesday to take over as the new Sunderland manager having moved to the JJB Stadium from Birmingham in November 2007.

Whelan has already set the wheels in motion to find a replacement, with former Wigan favourite Martinez, one of the club's famed 'Three Amigos', at the top of his hit-list.

The Latics supremo has approached Swansea counterpart Huw Jenkins for permission to speak with Martinez, but the Welsh club have so far refused as they are not happy with the compensation package on offer.

Number one choice

Whelan told Sky Sports News: "I have asked for permission to talk to Roberto Martinez.

"Until I get that permission, I can't talk to him. Once the Swansea chairman says to me I've got permission, I will talk to him. If he tells me I've not got permission, I can't talk to him and we will look elsewhere.

"I have got great hopes that I can get Roberto Martinez back to Wigan. He is my number one choice, but I've not got permission to talk to him.

"I need permission from the Swansea chairman before I can even say 'hello' to Roberto."

Fantastic

Whelan went on to pay tribute to Bruce after his second stint at the helm of Wigan and bears no grudges over his departure for the Black Cats.

He added: "I would like to say thank-you to Steve. He has done a fantastic job for Wigan. We are sorry to lose him and we wish him every success at the Stadium of Light.

"If people want to leave my club, it's a free world and they have to be allowed to do that. He's done a brilliant job for Wigan and now we've got to move on and get a new manager.

"He's a great manager and he'll do a fantastic job for Sunderland."

I put a fiver free bet on Steve Coppel being the next Celtc manager at 100/1.

The odds are now 40/1.

Down to 12/1 now.

I could really use £500 aswell :pipe:

Good luck Calum. Is he any good? What other teams has he managed?