***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's saying 'We weren't good enough to win that'.

We fucking were! We DID win it!

We scored two good goals, pity the linesman didn't see that.

Nonsense it was no different from last seasons performances we are not good enough and that was a poor poor sheep team

Regardless of the performance we did score two goals which should have won us the game

Nonsense it was no different from last seasons performances we are not good enough and that was a poor poor sheep team

No it wasn't, we deserved to win today.

Lack of width is the major problem and that's down to Smith. Neither Davis or Miller are proper wide players and it shows. You can just about get away with it if you have attacking fullbacks but we don't. Sure, Boyd and Novo were poor but until we play proper wingers in the wide positions we will struggle to create chances

I don't think Beasley is fit enough to start yet? Burke is injured and Aaron isn't fully fit either. I know it's maddening just now, but hopefully Beasley will be in the starting line-up next week and Aaron will be fit soon. What we can't do is rush out and buy another winger just because ours are out temporarily.

I think the 1st half today showed that we are on the right track now. With the added width of Beasley or Aaron, or Burke if/when he ever gets fit again, we should have the best, most attacking midfield to play in Scotland for the last few years. And Ferguson still to come back too!

it was a poor poor linesman that robbed us of 3 points

We just dont have the players to play 4-4-2 we should be playing 4-3-3 with 3 mobile players in the front 3 so that that means no Boyd

We don't have the 3 class midfielders needed to play 4-3-3 tho mate! Mendes can't do it all himself. Davis is a good honest pro but he's nowhere near the class needed to fill the role you're talking about, and Thomson............I dread to think what a decent team would do to him in a 4-3-3!

No it wasn't, we deserved to win today.

(tu)

we were good enough, the linesman wasnt, we have lost 3 points because of a bad performance from the linesman, not from the team.

WALTER SMITH hit back at those who say the Old Firm get every major decision their way after seeing his Rangers side wrongly denied a 2-1 win at Aberdeen.

DaMarcus Beasley appeared to have given the Light Blues all three points as the match moved into injury time when he fired into the net.

But linesman Martin Cryans flagged for offside when he shouldn't have and referee Craig Thomson consequently disallowed the goal, meaning it remained 1-1.

It was the third time in as many weeks the wrong call has been made in a match involving one of Glasgow's big two.

But while Celtic benefitted from the first pair of decisions, Gers have been hindered by this one and that gives the SPL table a different look from the one it should have.

Theoretically, had each decision been reversed, Rangers would have nine points from their first three games and the Parkhead club would have just one from their first two.

Smith said: "We are aggrieved about it. In the couple of weeks since the season started, we've had some managers saying the Old Firm get every decision that's going.

"But when you are here, that is not the case and it was certainly like that at Pittodrie this afternoon.

"Pedro Mendes put a terrific ball through to Beasley and although Kris Boyd was fractionally offside, I don't think he could have been deemed as interfering with play.

"I feel we deserved to shade a win, especially based on our first-half performance, but it wasn't to be.

"It is difficult to accept these decisions when they are made. I was at Dundee United for many years and always thought things went against you when you played the Old Firm.

"Once I joined Rangers, I quickly realised that wasn't the case. Experience tells you that's not the case and we were on the end of a bad decision today."

Smith was at least pleased with his team's performance, which was also positive after last week's improved showing against Hearts.

Rangers were the better team for long spells and recently-signed midfielders Mendes and Steven Davis were the pick of the bunch.

Smith added: "I thought we were excellent in the first half and played very well, controlling the game and looking bright.

"We might have added to the goal David Weir scored for us but we were a bit flatter in the second half and never reached the same level as before.

"Pedro did well, as did Davis. It isn't like getting a new player with Steven as we had him here last season and he is a good addition

===

Official site.

First half, I thought we played very well with some lovely flowing football at times.

The second half we were a bit poorer which was probably due to us dominating the first half only for the sheep to get a typical lucky goal.

On to the main point however of the linesman, It was clearly a goal but looks like we are going to get fuck all decisions this year which is a worry.

I feel sorry for the bears who trekked all the way up only to be cheated out of seeing us win.