bluenose4life

How good was he?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. How good was he?

• Superb
    • Very good
    • Average
    • Poor

How good do you think the ref was today? in the past, we have had refs fucking us allover the park but today i think he done a farily godo job. Fair enough, red card wasnt deserved but neither was VOH (compared to previous OF games) and apart from that one mistake, i think he handled the game pretty well

how was voh not deserved ?

Good to see a decent linesman aswell , for davis over the top when he hit side net. if that was against aberdeen he woulda been flagged.

DIdnt mean it wasnt deserved but both didnt do MUCH (compared to previous OF games) for red cards to be issued

How good do you think the ref was today? in the past, we have had refs fucking us allover the park but today i think he done a farily godo job. Fair enough, red card wasnt deserved but neither was VOH (compared to previous OF games) and apart from that one mistake, i think he handled the game pretty well

agree with that summation. Had a very good game though both sending offs were of the softish variety.

he did well, but the thomson booking at the start was daft, as he had to then book EVERYONE from that moment on, and he didnt... mcgeady should have been booked for "taking out" broadfoot when he skinned him

Agree that both red cards were a bit soft. The likes of Caldwell and Brown were moaning away at the ref about Cousin all game and it looked like he gave in. Then he evened it up - maybe he had little option. Otherwise the officials did fine.

had a decent enough game, nakamuras goal was never a free kick though and cousin was unlucky to be sent off considering JVOH does it all the time. JVOH was deserved imo you just cant do that in a football match. About time a ref stood up to that kind of behaviour.

VoH was well deserved. he showed aggression toward another player in an off the ball manner by kicking out. for that its a straight red card offense, no debate, no questions asked. stupid player and he was rightfully red carded.

I put 'Average'.

The Cousin decision was a joke, both McManus and Caldwell had been committing similar challenges for almost the entire game. DC was no better or worse than either of Celtic's CB.

For anyone to say JVH's red card was 'soft', sorry, but he had it coming. A blatant kick off the ball and then tried to wrestle KB to the ground. And just what was Broadfoot booked for? Thomson was booked for hee-haw too, the challenge was clumsy and naive but not bookable.

I thought he was ok, voted average. He was a bit picky, and gave their defence (McManus in particular) a lot of protection. Any time Cousin challenged for a header (even before the yellows) it was a foul to Celtc. I honestly think Cousin's first yellow was for a combination of leading with the elbow and persistent fouling, even though I don't believe Cousin was fouling before that.

Having said that, to be booked for leading with your elbow, then do the exact same thing 2 minutes later doh I don't think the ref had any option but to send him off.

Haven't seen the Nakamura freekick incident again, so not sure if it was a freekick or not.

I think voters are being generous because we won the game. If the Cousin or Nakamura decision had been costly then we would be kicking up fuck.

I thought he wasnt too bad, apart from the DC sending off. if we are now looking at players being sent off for merely doing their job and competing, then the game is in trouble. Mcanus threw the ball at the linesman, and shuld have been sent of for it IMO. big heid constantly grassed up cousin the whole game, bitching to anyone that would listen to him. that sums them up for me. Mcanus fouled DC and then threw the ball at the linesman because he had the temerity to flag against him, shows that he is not used to decisions going against him. should also have booked the ned traitor for bringing down KB, but compared to what has been on show so far this season, it was a better refereeing performance than expected