Alan Gow

reddrock

The past is littered with players young and not so young that have signed for Rangers but failed to make the grade. It takes a different type of mentality to succeed at a big club, and many who have looked good for smaller teams have shown they lack the personal drive and steel to make the step up. It would appear Gow falls into this category.

In the few reserve games I watched last season he looked lazy and disinterested when he didn't have the ball, and a bit too greedy when he did have it.

There is a reason Amdy Faye etc. made the bench last season they applied themselves well and training and played well for the reserves. I don't know how Gow did in training but he was shite for the reserves, so if a player can't play well against bottom 6 reserves why should he get a chance?

I am always amazed by the "never got the chance" line in relation to this fella. He got his chance, we signed him! Then, he failed to impress on a weekly basis, which is why he didnt make the first team, apart from against East Stirling, when he was simply ok. He was behind Faye for gods sake, and that says it all!

He seems a nice lad, fairly dedicated, but, the fact is, wasnt good enough at the end of the day.