Rangers and the code

D'Artagnan

yes even 5 year old i knew the words of follow follow at 5 year old.

Missing the point spectacularly. It is a completely different thing knowing the words to a song and making a mature decision on the club you want to support. I am much like you, i was brought up by a strong Rangers supporting family but when i was old enough i did ask myself if this was really the club i wanted to support. My decision is obvious. And from then on i have never looked back.

But am i not a real fan for even contemplating changing my club? I also support Arsenal. Am i not a real fan because Rangers are not my only team (bearing in mind Arsenal are my second team)?

I don't understand the point of your argument. To me it seems that a "true" Rangers fan would be the one who sits down and makes the decision for themselves that this is the club they want to support rather than blindly following what you have been taught from a young age. Difference being that one has thought about the prospect of supporting another club but in the end values Rangers higher than the rest. The other has never made the choice in the first place so cannot say they are more of a fan than the other.

We are all Rangers fans no matter who we are, where our roots lie, or how we came to be Rangers fans. Fact is that we all love our club and that is what binds us together. We should start thinking about what we share rather than what our differences are. We are as one and

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

(tu)

You see my point of view. Great post.

It annoys me that on this board, other supposed fellows Bluenoses wish to have a go at other fans because they:

a) were not born Rangers fans (well excuse me but I think the only thing you are born as is a guzzling nappie filler)

B) their parents were not Rangers fans (so what you are saying is that you are not allowed an opinion of your own and must be a duplicate of your parents, boring world)

c) don't go to games every week (well some fans can't afford to and support the club in other ways i.e. magazines, Rangers World, Rangers TV, strips etc)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you start changing your team then in my eyes your not a true supporter i dont care what you say. :rolleyes:

Even if it's a five year old? :lol::lol::lol:

yes even 5 year old i knew the words of follow follow at 5 year old. :D

and what other conscious decisions were you making at this young age?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if you start changing your team then in my eyes your not a true supporter i dont care what you say. :rolleyes:

you would be surprised. ;)

you would be surprised. ;)

Surprise us then. You were obviosly a very intellectual 5 year old. :P

This thread is ludicrous. I actually think there is an element of insanity in some of the posts.

The classification of "Bear" has no relevance in the real world. If you are applying for a job, and someone asks you about your character, if you say, "I'm a Bear", it won't aid your prospects. If a policeman stops you for speeding, saying "hey, I'm a Bear, you can't book me" doesn't mean squat. Being a Bear doesn't qulify you for anything. It isn't a gender or racial classification. It has no listing on the social ladder.

Saying "I'm a Bear" actually means nothing in the adult sane world.

Must admit your post just had me in stiches mate!

Any chance you could tell me what it IS advantageous to tell the polis what you are when you get pulled over? Or what to say I am at a job interview? haha, honestly had me rolling aboot wi yer post.

But seriously, i wisnae joking when I said someone no born into a 'gers family wisnae 100% Rangers. Dont care what you all say. That is my view and I wont change it lads. The best someone that was born not a Rangers toddler can hope for is to wait till they have a child then give them the life THEY truly should have had.

This applies to players AND fans IMO. Look at Barry Ferguson, a prime example, then have a wee think about it.

the point is how can you support celtic and then change to rangers,how can you :unsure:

I think this question has been answered many times already and we're now going over old ground.

I have no problem with people switching teams. Even if they switch from Celtic. You tend to be of a certain age before you start disobeying your parents and disagreeing with them. Obviously you have no concept of this and I presume you don't have children otherwise you would realise that your children generally don't agree with you. If my child decides to support a team other than Rangers, I will be disappointed, but I will respect their decision and their individuality.

And if I am wrong and you do have children, a word of advice, advise them of who to support, what to do in life, but don't ever force them.

the point is how can you support celtic and then change to rangers,how can you :unsure:

easy - if you are 5 yearls old, you dont know diddly squat about anything.

i know a lot more than you will ever know. :rolleyes:

:o

Someone's getting a big head :P

Any chance you could tell me what it IS advantageous to tell the polis what you are when you get pulled over? Or what to say I am at a job interview? haha, honestly had me rolling aboot wi yer post.

But seriously, i wisnae joking when I said someone no born into a 'gers family wisnae 100% Rangers. Dont care what you all say. That is my view and I wont change it lads. The best someone that was born not a Rangers toddler can hope for is to wait till they have a child then give them the life THEY truly should have had.

This applies to players AND fans IMO. Look at Barry Ferguson, a prime example, then have a wee think about it.

Do you know what? You remind me of some of these Religious radicals who constantly go on about people not being completely "pure".

I am sure that we extradited a couple of these people for preaching their garbage so i wonder i we could do the same with you. Would make everybodies life easier really. <yes>

You are a nutter mate. If you were able to read your post with an open mind instead of one filled with prejudice you would know that. You seem to hate Gers fans who were not brought up the same way as you more than you hate Celtic fans themselves. :lol:

yes even 5 year old i knew the words of follow follow at 5 year old.

Missing the point spectacularly. It is a completely different thing knowing the words to a song and making a mature decision on the club you want to support. I am much like you, i was brought up by a strong Rangers supporting family but when i was old enough i did ask myself if this was really the club i wanted to support. My decision is obvious. And from then on i have never looked back.

But am i not a real fan for even contemplating changing my club? I also support Arsenal. Am i not a real fan because Rangers are not my only team (bearing in mind Arsenal are my second team)?

I don't understand the point of your argument. To me it seems that a "true" Rangers fan would be the one who sits down and makes the decision for themselves that this is the club they want to support rather than blindly following what you have been taught from a young age. Difference being that one has thought about the prospect of supporting another club but in the end values Rangers higher than the rest. The other has never made the choice in the first place so cannot say they are more of a fan than the other.

We are all Rangers fans no matter who we are, where our roots lie, or how we came to be Rangers fans. Fact is that we all love our club and that is what binds us together. We should start thinking about what we share rather than what our differences are. We are as one and

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Good post mate, and I almost started listening top you until the point where you mentioned you have the dreaded and pointless "SECOND TEAM". I for one find this insulting/embarrassing/pathetic to think that anyone that calls themself a Rangers supporter has enough love/time/space in their heart for any other club team on the planet.

I bet you love the red button on Sky when we're in the CL at the same time as your beloved Arsenal.

Incidentally, what was it that made you value Arsenal above all other teams (except Rangers of course)? This must be one of the biggest self contradictions in recent history! Someone fetch Norris Mcwhirter...

easy - if you are 5 yearls old, you dont know diddly squat about anything.

i know a lot more than you will ever know. :rolleyes:

:o

Someone's getting a big head :P

was it not humptey dumptey that had a big head. :P

Do you know what? You remind me of some of these Religious radicals who constantly go on about people not being completely "pure".

I am sure that we extradited a couple of these people for preaching their garbage so i wonder i we could do the same with you. Would make everybodies life easier really. <yes>

You are a nutter mate. If you were able to read your post with an open mind instead of one filled with prejudice you would know that. You seem to hate Gers fans who were not brought up the same way as you more than you hate Celtic fans themselves. :lol:

I've no hate for any Gers fan mate. Make no mistake about that.

Good post mate, and I almost started listening top you until the point where you mentioned you have the dreaded and pointless "SECOND TEAM". I for one find this insulting/embarrassing/pathetic to think that anyone that calls themself a Rangers supporter has enough love/time/space in their heart for any other club team on the planet.

I bet you love the red button on Sky when we're in the CL at the same time as your beloved Arsenal.

Incidentally, what was it that made you value Arsenal above all other teams (except Rangers of course)? This must be one of the biggest self contradictions in recent history! Someone fetch Norris Mcwhirter...

What made me value Arsenal? The same way you were brought up to be a Gers fan. My Grandfather who lived in London was a huge Arsenal fan and there fore when i went to visit he would take me to the games. Obviously this got me liking them just the same way it got you liking Rangers. But i have always valued Rangers above Arsenal and always will

What is wrong with having another team that you follow, not support? It isn't as if Rangers and Arsenal are great rivals or such. And if they ever did play against each other Rangers would always be my choice.

Maybe you are not intelligent enough to open up your mind to other posibilities than the ones you had drilled into you. You may call it a contradiction but i woul call it more along the lines of SENSE. It is great having some of that BTW. You don't know what you are missing. :wacko:

That's part of my problem, many, and I mean many, people on this forum seem to find fans who as I said before weren't born Gers or don't go to matches as "impure" fans. Your post raises some very good points, the sort of hate for those not born Gers on this board is resemblant to that of the way many Bluenoses feel about Celtic fans.

It's an absolute disgrace that we are getting ripped into each other.

To all those who think they are superior Rangers fans, Get a F**kin Life. You are the Bigots who bring the club's reputation down and give UEFA an excuse to put their weight on us.

F$^k Off <crweee> <crweee> <crweee>

That's part of my problem, many, and I mean many, people on this forum seem to find fans who as I said before weren't born Gers or don't go to matches as "impure" fans. Your post raises some very good points, the sort of hate for those not born Gers on this board is resemblant to that of the way many Bluenoses feel about Celtic fans.

To all those who think they are superior Rangers fans, Get a F**kin Life. You are the Bigots who bring the club's reputation down and give UEFA an excuse to put their weight on us.

i hope your not talking to me mate for bigot i am not and show me one post where i have said anything bigoted.

Ill second that

Seems to me Rangers needs a few less "Rangers Men" really - that way some true Rangers Supporters can take their seats

Ill second that

Seems to me Rangers needs a few less "Rangers Men" really - that way some true Rangers Supporters can take their seats

and i hope your not on about me being a bigot.

F$^k Off 

Hard words, but very true ones. Or should i say very "pure" ones for the benefit of those with the prejudice against other Bears. :lol:

F$^k Off? 

Hard words, but very true ones. Or should i say very "pure" ones for the benefit of those with the prejudice against other Bears. :lol:

right show me the bigoted posts, put up or shut up.

What made me value Arsenal? The same way you were brought up to be a Gers fan. My Grandfather who lived in London was a huge Arsenal fan and there fore when i went to visit he would take me to the games. Obviously this got me liking them just the same way it got you liking Rangers. But i have always valued Rangers above Arsenal and always will

What is wrong with having another team that you follow, not support? It isn't as if Rangers and Arsenal are great rivals or such. And if they ever did play against each other Rangers would always be my choice.

Maybe you are not intelligent enough to open up your mind to other posibilities than the ones you had drilled into you. You may call it a contradiction but i woul call it more along the lines of SENSE. It is great having some of that BTW. You don't know what you are missing. :wacko:

So if Rangers get beat and Arsenal win, do you feel "O.K."?

Or if Arsenal draw and Rangers draw how do you feel?

I wonder about these double entendre's from time to time about this type of thing. I like to think that the real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon watching their team, THATS ALL.