Rangers and the code

D'Artagnan

Must admit your post just had me in stiches mate!

Any chance you could tell me what it IS advantageous to tell the polis what you are when you get pulled over? Or what to say I am at a job interview? haha, honestly had me rolling aboot wi yer post.

But seriously, i wisnae joking when I said someone no born into a 'gers family wisnae 100% Rangers. Dont care what you all say. That is my view and I wont change it lads. The best someone that was born not a Rangers toddler can hope for is to wait till they have a child then give them the life THEY truly should have had.

This applies to players AND fans IMO. Look at Barry Ferguson, a prime example, then have a wee think about it.

Do you know what? You remind me of some of these Religious radicals who constantly go on about people not being completely "pure".

I am sure that we extradited a couple of these people for preaching their garbage so i wonder i we could do the same with you. Would make everybodies life easier really. <yes>

You are a nutter mate. If you were able to read your post with an open mind instead of one filled with prejudice you would know that. You seem to hate Gers fans who were not brought up the same way as you more than you hate Celtic fans themselves. :lol:

That's part of my problem, many, and I mean many, people on this forum seem to find fans who as I said before weren't born Gers or don't go to matches as "impure" fans. Your post raises some very good points, the sort of hate for those not born Gers on this board is resemblant to that of the way many Bluenoses feel about Celtic fans.

It's an absolute disgrace that we are getting ripped into each other.

To all those who think they are superior Rangers fans, Get a F**kin Life. You are the Bigots who bring the club's reputation down and give UEFA an excuse to put their weight on us.

F$^k Off <crweee> <crweee> <crweee>

Ill second that

Seems to me Rangers needs a few less "Rangers Men" really - that way some true Rangers Supporters can take their seats

and i hope your not on about me being a bigot.

Where did I say that

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Rangers get beat and Arsenal win, do you feel "O.K."?

Or if Arsenal draw and Rangers draw how do you feel?

I wonder about these double entendre's from time to time about this type of thing. I like to think that the real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon watching their team, THATS ALL

Let me put this perfectly clearly for you so you understand. I do not support Arsenal to the extent i support Rangers. In reality i only look out for Arsenal's results and hope that they do well in the Prem.

No matter their result it won't affect my mood in any way so it could not possibly change my mood when Rangers get beat or draw.

And if you feel the "real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle" then there cannot be many around seeing as all 3 o'clock kick offs finish at 4:45. :lol:

right show me the bigoted posts, put up or shut up.

I don't think anyone was reffering to your posts minstral. I was certainly talking about that nutter, Bunter. Please don't tell me that you can look at his posts and not say that they are prejudiced against other Gers fans. I didn't call them bigoted because that word is banded around to often but they are clearly INSANE.

Minstral, I wasn't accusing you in particular of being a bigot, but my point is that if Rangers fans cannot see past those who switch sides, or make their own decisions in life, and we, as Rangers fans, decide to discriminate against them, as this whole thread seems to do, then what are people to think of us.

It's no wonder that the rest of the world sees us as Sectarian Bigots. At the end of the day who can blame them?

Any chance you could tell me what it IS advantageous to tell the polis what you are when you get pulled over? Or what to say I am at a job interview? haha, honestly had me rolling aboot wi yer post.

But seriously, i wisnae joking when I said someone no born into a 'gers family wisnae 100% Rangers. Dont care what you all say. That is my view and I wont change it lads. The best someone that was born not a Rangers toddler can hope for is to wait till they have a child then give them the life THEY truly should have had.

This applies to players AND fans IMO. Look at Barry Ferguson, a prime example, then have a wee think about it.

Do you know what? You remind me of some of these Religious radicals who constantly go on about people not being completely "pure".

I am sure that we extradited a couple of these people for preaching their garbage so i wonder i we could do the same with you. Would make everybodies life easier really. <yes>

You are a nutter mate. If you were able to read your post with an open mind instead of one filled with prejudice you would know that. You seem to hate Gers fans who were not brought up the same way as you more than you hate Celtic fans themselves. :lol:

That's part of my problem, many, and I mean many, people on this forum seem to find fans who as I said before weren't born Gers or don't go to matches as "impure" fans. Your post raises some very good points, the sort of hate for those not born Gers on this board is resemblant to that of the way many Bluenoses feel about Celtic fans.

To all those who think they are superior Rangers fans, Get a F**kin Life. You are the Bigots who bring the club's reputation down and give UEFA an excuse to put their weight on us.

Ill second that

Seems to me Rangers needs a few less "Rangers Men" really - that way some true Rangers Supporters can take their seats

Where did I say that

you said you would second what yes dado loves me posted, and its bad you can not have a debate without people getting called bigots or told to f--k off. this thread has been running all day and nobody has acted in that manner, i respect your opinions i might not agree with them but i dont abuse you over them.

I wonder about these double entendre's from time to time about this type of thing. I like to think that the real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon watching their team, THATS ALL

Let me put this perfectly clearly for you so you understand. I do not support Arsenal to the extent i support Rangers. In reality i only look out for Arsenal's results and hope that they do well in the Prem.

No matter their result it won't affect my mood in any way so it could not possibly change my mood when Rangers get beat or draw.

And if you feel the "real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle" then there cannot be many around seeing as all 3 o'clock kick offs finish at 4:45. :lol:

Half time pitch inspection + substitues + injury time = 5 o'clock whistle.

:quag:

Minstral, I wasn't accusing you in particular of being a bigot, but my point is that if Rangers fans cannot see past those who switch sides, or make their own decisions in life, and we, as Rangers fans, decide to discriminate against them, as this whole thread seems to do, then what are people to think of us.

It's no wonder that the rest of the world sees us as Sectarian Bigots. At the end of the day who can blame them?

if i have picked you up wrong then i am sorry ,but i have no time for bigotry it is the root of all evil and would not give a bigot the time of day.

if i have picked you up wrong then i am sorry ,but i have no time for bigotry it is the root of all evil and would not give a bigot the time of day.

Nor me mate. And that is why i didn't use the word Bigot because i feel that it is banded around too often these days and it seems to have lost it's real meaning. (tu)

Good post mate, and I almost started listening top you until the point where you mentioned you have the dreaded and pointless "SECOND TEAM". I for one find this insulting/embarrassing/pathetic to think that anyone that calls themself a Rangers supporter has enough love/time/space in their heart for any other club team on the planet.

I bet you love the red button on Sky when we're in the CL at the same time as your beloved Arsenal.

Incidentally, what was it that made you value Arsenal above all other teams (except Rangers of course)? This must be one of the biggest self contradictions in recent history! Someone fetch Norris Mcwhirter...

What made me value Arsenal? The same way you were brought up to be a Gers fan. My Grandfather who lived in London was a huge Arsenal fan and there fore when i went to visit he would take me to the games. Obviously this got me liking them just the same way it got you liking Rangers. But i have always valued Rangers above Arsenal and always will

What is wrong with having another team that you follow, not support? It isn't as if Rangers and Arsenal are great rivals or such. And if they ever did play against each other Rangers would always be my choice.

Maybe you are not intelligent enough to open up your mind to other posibilities than the ones you had drilled into you. You may call it a contradiction but i woul call it more along the lines of SENSE. It is great having some of that BTW. You don't know what you are missing. :wacko:

I wonder about these double entendre's from time to time about this type of thing. I like to think that the real football supporter lives and dies by the 5 o'clock whistle on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon watching their team, THATS ALL.

Question has to be - are you a Rangers Fan, a football fan or both

No question you can be both

Why cant you, say, live and die by Rangers performaces and results but also follow what is happening in other leagues, other countries?

I mean, its not as if you are buying a season ticket with 2 teams.

As I have stated before, when Davie Cooper and Bobby Russell were doing so well for Motherwell, they became a team I always looked out for after Rangers. Didnt mean I wanted Rangers to do less well, and I wanted us to stuff them when we played them, but DC was my hero

Question has to be - are you a Rangers Fan, a football fan or both

No question you can be both

Why cant you, say, live and die by Rangers performaces and results but also follow what is happening in other leagues, other countries?

I mean, its not as if you are buying a season ticket with 2 teams.

As I have stated before, when Davie Cooper and Bobby Russell were doing so well for Motherwell, they became a team I always looked out for after Rangers. Didnt mean I wanted Rangers to do less well, and I wanted us to stuff them when we played them, but DC was my hero

Exactly the way i feel Bauba. I salute your common sense. (beer1)

Hello again ...

Glad to see i have kept the discussion flowing !!

Anyway, to confirm what others have said, i was of a very young age ... around 6 or 7 and as i wasn't from a footballing family i had no preconceptions placed upon me by them to support one particular team.

I doubt, at the age of 7, i could be considered a glory hunter by changing my team. As i said, i wasn't exactly a commited fan probably more just a tag along as most of my friends were Celtic fans (and still are)

I have now been a Rangers fan in excess of 30 years and i am sure that is longer than some you have been "born & bred"

Again, as i said, i have vocally & financially supported my team for that length of time and again i would ask .... does the fact that i wasn't born and bred but actually, with the right of freedom of choice, chose to support what i consider to be a team worth my loyalty.

Ill second that

Where did I say that

you said you would second what yes dado loves me posted, and its bad you can not have a debate without people getting called bigots or told to f--k off. this thread has been running all day and nobody has acted in that manner, i respect your opinions i might not agree with them but i dont abuse you over them.

(That's part of my problem, many, and I mean many, people on this forum seem to find fans who as I said before weren't born Gers or don't go to matches as "impure" fans. Your post raises some very good points, the sort of hate for those not born Gers on this board is resemblant to that of the way many Bluenoses feel about Celtic fans.

To all those who think they are superior Rangers fans, Get a F**kin Life. You are the Bigots who bring the club's reputation down and give UEFA an excuse to put their weight on us.)

Minstral, that is what I was agreeing with - i am not a fan of elitism - that certian Rangers fans think themselves better fans than others because of the above is a sad state of affairs

So to put you straight, I never called you a bigot, I was agreeing with the sentiment above.

Hello again ...

Glad to see i have kept the discussion flowing !!

Anyway, to confirm what others have said, i was of a very young age ... around 6 or 7 and as i wasn't from a footballing family i had no preconceptions placed upon me by them to support one particular team.

I doubt, at the age of 7, i could be considered a glory hunter by changing my team. As i said, i wasn't exactly a commited fan probably more just a tag along as most of my friends were Celtic fans (and still are)

I have now been a Rangers fan in excess of 30 years and i am sure that is longer than some you have been "born & bred"

Again, as i said, i have vocally & financially supported my team for that length of time and again i would ask .... does the fact that i wasn't born and bred but actually, with the right of freedom of choice, chose to support what i consider to be a team worth my loyalty.

You are just as much of a fan as the rest of us. Nobody has the right to say what is and is not a fan mate so i wouldn't get wound up by it.

We should all just be thankful that we are not "Born and Bred" Celtic fans. That should get us on the same side. :lol:

hi guys i dont think that im a better supporter than any of you guys to be honest some of my comments were tongue in cheek and and things just got out of hand, and as you say we all support ranger and i hate to see fans arguing amongst ourselves as we all wane rangers to do well. (tu)

What is this code?

Am I missing something?

Please, someone? Anyone who has a copy? Please post it.

Oh wait....... Is it a something that people just make up as they go along?

I always thought that I was a Rangers man through and through and now I find that I should have been "born a bear".

Oh well. I'll just have to carry on as normal and support the team any way I can.

I'm sorry that my dad was a Clyde fan but maybe I'll be accepted one day. :lol:

Well BIC you may be surprised but I am going to agree with you...

You are slightly confused. 

You tell me in one line "Rangers are my religion, as i worship them and nothing else"

But then you feel it appropriate to tell me...

"As hard as it may seem there is more to life than Rangers, you should start looking for it."

Somewhat contradictory would you not agree ?

"but you say that this is not an Anti-DM thread. So why have you spent most of it saying that he is not a true Ranger and does not know what it means to be one?"

I think you over exaggerating stating that most of the post is spent stating SDM is not a Bear...at the very most the first quarter deals with a factual incident involving the chairman...and how he had to be corrected regarding his conduct to a Rangers supporter.

No it is not contradictory D'Artagnan and your response kind of shows how you are as a person. Yes, Rangers are my religion and the reason for that is because i treat Rangers the same way as most moderate Reiligios people treat their respective faiths. I go to my "church" (Ibrox) at the weekend and sing my "hymns" (Gers songs) and treat the players as my "spiritual leaders". That is why i called it my religion because the way i feel about Rangers is likened to someone following a religion.

But for you to say that following a religion but there being more to life than that religion is hypocritical suggests to me that you maybe take your religion a little to seriously, my friend. Religion is a personal view that you have on the world but it is not the be all and end all. Most moderate Christians and Muslims alike would agree with that. You still have to work, learn, enjoy life and meet new people with different views from your own.

Having a religion yet having a life outside that religion is not hypocritical and quite frankly i find it rather worrying you think that way. :pipe:

BIC

I have read your reply several times now...the 2nd paragraph that is....and I still have no idea what you are talking about.

What is this code?

Am I missing something?

Please, someone? Anyone who has a copy? Please post it.

I always thought that I was a Rangers man through and through and now I find that I should have been "born a bear".

Oh well. I'll just have to carry on as normal and support the team any way I can.

Its the kind of code which would teach you not to accuse a fellow Bear of being anything less than a Rangers fan.

What is this code?

Am I missing something?

Please, someone?  Anyone who has a copy? Please post it.

Oh well.  I'll just have to carry on as normal and support the team any way I can.

Its the kind of code which would teach you not to accuse a fellow Bear of being anything less than a Rangers fan.

I see.................

so send me a copy then and I'll send you some comedy videos and maybe you can learn the difference between serious comment and sarcasm or irony or whatever you want to call it.

You really should chill out.

Some people here are delusional

That if your arent born into a "Rangers family" then you can never become a proper fan

wtf is that all about? Some people need to go out into the real world and get some real values instead of dedicating their live to a football team

I don't know that D'Artagnan has ever said that those Rangers fans who are 'Bears' are any better than any other Rangers supporter.

Certainl;y in agreeing with the sentiments of his initial post I made clear that it does not make you better in your support of your team. It does not make you a better fan.

Those who changed their club, those who came to support the club as a mature decision, those who came in the glory period are all entitled to be called Rangers supporters as anyone - I certaionly would not deny them that right.

But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a category of Rangers supporter who can be called 'Rangers Men' or 'Bluenoses'. They are defined by those sentiments expressed by D'Artagnan.

I don't know that D'Artagnan has ever said that those Rangers fans who are 'Bears' are any better than any other Rangers supporter.

Certainl;y in agreeing with the sentiments of his initial post I made clear that it does not make you better in your support of your team. It does not make you a better fan.

Those who changed their club, those who came to support the club as a mature decision, those who came in the glory period are all entitled to be called Rangers supporters as anyone - I certaionly would not deny them that right.

But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that there is a category of Rangers supporter who can be called 'Rangers Men' or 'Bluenoses'. They are defined by those sentiments expressed by D'Artagnan.

Well Alba, you are entitled to that belief

Of course I believe that to be nonsense but Im happy to leave it at that