Great Article

D'Artagnan

I hate it when people write off people without giving them a chance, and I refer more to WS here than CM.

I remember the days of being told regularly that McCoist was finished, but he kept coming back and banging in some more goals

i dont see many clubs trying to sign millar, funny how walter has become our great saviour after his bottle had went going for ten in a row and the same fans that are trusting his judgment today, could not get him out the door quick enough. ;)

I hate it when people write off people without giving them a chance, and I refer more to WS here than CM.

I remember the days of being told regularly that McCoist was finished, but he kept coming back and banging in some more goals

i dont see many clubs trying to sign millar, funny how walter has become our great saviour after his bottle had went going for ten in a row and the same fans that are trusting his judgment today, could not get him out the door quick enough. ;)

Ah but we have experienced a certain french manager since then. ;)

Ah but we have experienced a certain french manager since then. ;)

it will all end in tears. :(

he is no good fact.

As with any player, i will leave that up to Walter and Ally to decide, and support it either way

just ask the everton fans if they would leave it up to walter to sign a player.the duds he signed for them.

Going by your logic of judging manager on their last clubs, how was PLG not a runaway success here?

He won 3 titles at a canter in France, so why was he so bad here?

You can't base your opinion of WS solely on that logic Minstral.

he is no good fact.

As with any player, i will leave that up to Walter and Ally to decide, and support it either way

just ask the everton fans if they would leave it up to walter to sign a player.the duds he signed for them.

Going by your logic of judging manager on their last clubs, how was PLG not a runaway success here?

i dont i base it with what walter had done in his last year, wellno to be honest he was starting to lose it in our 9 in a row year when we managed to scrape over the line. when he was going for ten he knew he did not have it in him and announced he was quiting. then he went to everton which was a disaster, 16,17,18, in three seasons and they were glad to see the back of him.

he is no good fact.

i dont i base it with what walter had done in his last year, wellno to be honest he was starting to lose it in our 9 in a row year when we managed to scrape over the line. when he was going for ten he knew he did not have it in him and announced he was quiting. then he went to everton which was a disaster, 16,17,18, in three seasons and they were glad to see the back of him.

Do you not rate his *Most Recent* achievements with Scotland?

I think 99.99% of others football followers do.

what was his last result with scotland.

If you're not willing to crucify him for one result then it's just plain wrong.

European Championship Qualifying : Group B Table

P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Scotland 4 3 0 1 9 3 6 9

2 France 4 3 0 1 11 2 9 9

3 Italy 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7

4 Ukraine 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6

5 Lithuania 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4

6 Georgia 4 1 0 3 9 9 0 3

7 Faroe Islands 4 0 0 4 0 18 -18 0

and to be honest i would love walter to prove me wrong, but the quality of players he is signing leaves a lot to be desired.

It was reported he had 8 million to spend. I have two theories, either it is bullshit, or he is waiting for summer.

I would much prefer he made a few unattractive signings in this window and secured second place, then look at better possibilties in the summer.

People will not sell their key players in the January window. And even if he did make better signings, chances are we'll still come second, so it is probably better off to wait with cash until the summer when better players may become available.

and to be honest i would love walter to prove me wrong, but the quality of players he is signing leaves a lot to be desired.

Agreed there.

I'm not totally impressed with the RUMOURED signings so far. not too bothered about the actual ones though because it actually gives us a defence.

Don't think the Hibs Two are good enough, neither is Charlie Miller, Mark Fotheringham or Lee McCulloch IMO. Unless they're turning in some Pele shit on the training ground.

It was reported he had 8 million to spend. I have two theories, either it is bullshit, or he is waiting for summer.

I would much prefer he made a few unattractive signings in this window and secured second place, then look at better possibilties in the summer.

People will not sell their key players in the January window. And even if he did make better signings, chances are we'll still come second, so it is probably better off to wait with cash until the summer when better players may become available.

good point mate and i hope that your right. (tu)

Is there any worth in giving him some sort of contract till the end of the season? Im sure hed sign up for very little wages or some sort of pay as you play deal for the chance to prove himself again and now were short in the centre of midfield...

*Stands back and awaits the barrage of abuse!

:D

(tu) I definitely think this would be a great idea! I was extremely sceptical when i first heard his name mentioned, but the more i think about it i think it would be a good move. He certainly has the desire to play for us, more than any other team; he certainly HAD the ability when he was here first time round, no harm in trying to find out just how much of that ability he still has left to offer. I'm sure as you say he would accept a low wage, just happy to be playing for us again, so would be well worth it even just til the end of the season, and if it didn't work out at least we haven't lost anything.

As people have poitend out already loads of times. Experienced players are what is needed. The average age of our team is less then the supposidly great Hibs kids. Signing more youngsters wont help at the moment. We need experience. (tu)

Although Walter struggled at Everton, that would not have made him a bad manager. If anything it would have improved him as a manager. As they say:you learn from your mistakes. The Premiership is a completely different ball game to the SPL and we cannot judge him on that.

Guest marvsbeliever

" They work properly in Norway and I learned a lot of good habits there."

Pinch of salt required here!

First rounds on Charlie. (beer)

funny how walter has become our great saviour after his bottle had went going for ten in a row

Ach Minstrel, get a grip of yourself mate.

he is no good fact.

Utter bollocks minstrel. I''m a toffee and I go to Goodison as aften as I can and the fans there loved him. Where are you getting this stuff from because you're talking out of your arse. All everton fans I know fully respected what walter was working with at the time and we were just happy that he managed to keep us in the premiers for those years - plus of scourse the MANY delightful memories he gave us whilst tanking the reds.

Give it up with this everton talk mate - it's shit and you sound like an idiot.

Would be very intersting if he got the contract, that's for sure! A bit of an underdog, Rocky 1-esque story!

That said, I met him many times in Glasgow (incl when he was at Utd) and he was a total ned! For a professional footballer to be so regularly hammered is a disgrace! He also smoked heavily, but so does Barry!

Barry smokes? never heard that one before

he is no good fact.

Utter bollocks minstrel. I''m a toffee and I go to Goodison as aften as I can and the fans there loved him. Where are you getting this stuff from because you're talking out of your arse. All everton fans I know fully respected what walter was working with at the time and we were just happy that he managed to keep us in the premiers for those years - plus of scourse the MANY delightful memories he gave us whilst tanking the reds.

why did everton get rid of him if he was that good.

he is no good fact.

you must be the only fan in liverpool who thought walter done a great job his decisions were shocking to say the least. ;)