Celtic to Play MLS All-Stars

Guest Daniel-CFC

Guest Daniel-CFC
IN a major coup for Celtic, the Scottish Champions have been confirmed as the opposition in the 2007 MLS All-Stars Game in Colorado this summer.

Gordon Strachan?s side will face the top players of Major League Soccer in the prestigious game on Thursday, July 19 at the Dick?s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado.

And Major League Soccer are absolutely delighted that Celtic will be coming to the United States.

MLS Commissioner Don Gerber said: "We are thrilled to welcome Celtic, one of the world?s most popular teams, for a quality match against the best of MLS at our newest soccer cathedral, Dick?s Sporting Goods Park.

?We look forward to an exciting evening in this tremendous new soccer-specific venue.?

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: ?We are absolutely delighted to be traveling to America again this pre-season to take part in this match versus the MLS All-Stars.

?Celtic has a world-wide audience with thousands of fans in the United States and I am sure this passionate support will be looking forward to welcoming the team back. Everyone at Celtic is very much looking forward to the trip.?

The venue for the first Major League Soccer All-Star event hosted in Colorado will be Dick?s Sporting Goods Park, home of the Colorado Rapids.

The newest jewel of Denver?s sports landscape, Dick?s Sporting Goods Park, is considered the biggest and most state-of-the-art professional stadium and field complex in the world and features an 18,000-seat stadium surrounded by a 24-field, fully-lit professional soccer complex.

Colorado Rapids Managing Director, Jeff Plush, said: ?We are thrilled to play host to both Celtic Football Club and the best players from Major League Soccer in the league?s marquee mid-season event.

?This is just an example of some of the world-class events that the diverse soccer fan base in Colorado can expect here at our new home of Dick?s Sporting Goods Park.?

Pepsi and Sierra Mist continue to support soccer in the United States by being the title sponsor of the MLS All-Star Game for the sixth consecutive year. Pepsi has been a corporate partner with MLS since the league?s inaugural season in 1996.

?The Sierra Mist MLS All-Star game has once again attracted one of the best teams in the world, making it a must-see event for the fans,? said Ralph Santana, VP of sports marketing, media and interactive, Pepsi-Cola North America.

?The fact that the game will be played in a brand new soccer stadium will add another level of excitement. It?s another great chapter in MLS history.?

another easy ?1,000,000 for the hoops :pipe:

Guest greengrass

"Another Lucrative Venture and Game Publicity Wise for the club And Worldwide Beamed".

chelsea no . arsenal no .. we will play CELTIC (spl) Superb Coup imo .Great Stuff.. i see we are going to Japan aswell again $$$$ its all about the Benjamins $$$$.

"Another Lucrative Venture and Game Publicity Wise for the club And Worldwide Beamed".

chelsea no . arsenal no .. we will play CELTIC (spl) Superb Coup imo .Great Stuff.. i see we are going to Japan aswell again $$$$ its all about the Benjamins $$$$.

All about money for you is it ?? for me it's seeing my club play week-in-week out , then again your probably one of those "new" Celtic fans - do you even know the reason your club was established ?? i imagine Brother Walfrid is spinning in his grave at your comments dohdoh

chelsea no . arsenal no .. we will play CELTICĀ  (spl) Superb Coup imo .Great Stuff.. i see we are going to Japan aswell again $$$$ its all about the Benjamins $$$$.

All about money for you is it ?? for me it's seeing my club play week-in-week out , then again your probably one of those "new" Celtic fans - do you even know the reason your club was established ?? i imagine Brother Walfrid is spinning in his grave at your comments dohdoh

Fair play to Celtic for pulling this off. If Bain had a bit of something other than air betweem his ears then he might realise that we should be whoring ourselves out to glamour friendlies in order to raise some capital.

Some people have slated Celtic for their willingness to play anyone anywhere at anytime, but it will boost their transfer coffers while we are currently splitting hairs about paying ?250,00 for a Falkirk player.

Guest greengrass

what happened after pre - season Friendlies . they even had cracked crests in the papers etc .. over mere money games friendlies imo ... pissing myself i was :lol:

answer me this what happened when THE REAL stuff started. :lol: :ph43r:

Indeed.

Gonna make a Shitload of $$$$$$ ((Again.)) on top of Season and CL Money.

its the only way to compete nowadays.in the transfer market / attracting players. especialy playing in the Spl.

and u play ?? wigan or someone. JJB Lucrative Money Spinner (tu)

"Strachan has also admitted that the Parkhead club have to play in America for the second summer in a row to raise money for new players. Last year the manager complained about a gruelling pre-season schedule that included a three-game tour of the USA in between two matches in Poland and a trip to Japan. However, Celtic have been confirmed as the opposition in the 2007 MLS All-Stars Game in Colorado this summer.

Strachan said: "We have to do these things because the money that is being bandied about in England these days is truly phenomenal. So we have to generate funds some other way so we can pay more for players."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=140402007