Your favourite ever Rangers players

Mad Dog

For me my favourite players would have to be Jorg Albertz because he contributed so much to the squad and he regularly scored some peaches for us and another favourite player of mines is Brian Laudrup because he always wore his heart on his sleeve whenever he pulled on the light blue jersey and retired too young in my opinion

McCoist - 27 goals against the tims and always grabbed a goals when it mattered. Put his goalscoring along with his personality and he is one of the most revered players in our history.

Will always be Davie Cooper for me

Not for the glory years at the beginning and end of his Rangers career, but for the dire times in between, when he was the ONLY reason for going to Ibrox - that although our team was awful you might see 2 or 3 instances of sheer magic from Davie that when you went home you wouldn't be telling the family about the goals or the score, but about those pieces of outrageous skill.

That the next morning you'd be out in the garden trying to replicate what you had seen. Then when you go to school on the Monday and you are playing footy at lunchtime, you try the same thing against your mates.

It is also Davie because he did the unthinkable, made me adopt Motherwell as my 2nd team. What he did for them in the time he was there was just fantastic. All of a sudden Sportscene cameras were there because Motherwell were an entertaining side to watch and who were at the top of the table. Who would have thought that?

It is also Davie because I was there at Hampden in 1981, 11 years old and front row, half way line. in the 2nd half Coop was right in front of me, tormenting one of the top defenses in the UK and giving one of the great all time Rangers performances.

Coop for me every time

McCoist - 27 goals against the tims and always grabbed a goals when it mattered. Put his goalscoring along with his personality and he is one of the most revered players in our history

I agree mate. We have had more talented players at the club (not as good at scoring though) and players who were more passionate on the field but i don't think we have had many players who come close to Super Ally's sense of humour and personality.

What a guy. He is my all-time favourite Gers player and i was delighted when he came back with Walter. He is just what this club needs. A bit of enthusiasm with a hint of comedy on the side.

McCoist - 27 goals against the tims and always grabbed a goals when it mattered. Put his goalscoring along with his personality and he is one of the most revered players in our history

I agree mate. We have had more talented players at the club (not as good at scoring though) and players who were more passionate on the field but i don't think we have had many players who come close to Super Ally's sense of humour and personality.

What a guy. He is my all-time favourite Gers player and i was delighted when he came back with Walter. He is just what this club needs. A bit of enthusiasm with a hint of comedy on the side.

Super-Ally! Super-Ally! :D

-------------------------------------Ritchie---------------------------------

Shearer------------------------------------------------------------------Caldow

Greig----------------------------MacKinnon----------------------------Baxter

Henderson---MacMillan-----------Miller----------Brand------------Wilson

easily the best for this Bear (tu):D

How many can we list? Quite a few more should be in there as well, but this is lengthy as it is!

Slim Jim Baxter, Derek Parlane, Sandy Jardine, Tam McLean, Doddie McDonald, Super Cooper, Ian Durrant, Coisty & Big Mark, Goram, the Bomber, Stuart McCall, Laudrup, and Neil McCann. (tu)

As for reasons for all the above...I'll spare you the novel. :D Suffice it to say, if you know Rangers, you know why they're on my list.

I became a Rangers supporter in the 90ies in my teenager years, so I'd like to go with Ally, Gazza, Albertz and Laudrup although it was very hard to get live pictures in german tv at that time.

Nowadays Barry Ferguson is still my man. I also like Allan Hutton, Ian Murray and Boyd.

Davie Cooper without a shadow of doubt for me. His ability and skill stood out far above anyone else in Scotland at the time and I have never forgotten some of the runs he made or the free kicks he took.

On top of all of that, as someone said earlier, he kept us looking like a real football team for years when the club was missing success and never complained or looked for an escape route. His love for the club was evident - but never loud or self-promoted.

I was lucky enough to meet him on several occasions after spending ages outside Ibrox waiting for autographs. He never, ever failed to sign an autograph and spend a few minutes chatting. I missed some of the earlier legends like Shaw and Baxter but to me Davie Cooper is the closest I've seen to a definition of a Rangers legend with the character of our best traditions.