This bid for Gow

Smurf1873

Anyone else mortally embarassed by it ???

Is this the work of Bain ??

At this moment i've never felt so abjectly down , i can't believe we're upping a bid for a potentially decent young(ish) scottish player by ?15k , dependant on the amount of games he'll play , when ?250-?300k would probably get him onboard , either that or wait until the summer , why insult anyone with such a paltry increase and additional clauses inserted , the flucking thing stinks and it's about time prema-tan-man was held to account !!! :(:(

At this moment i've never felt so abjectly down , i can't believe we're upping a bid for a potentially decent young(ish) scottish player by ?15k , dependant on the amount of games he'll play , when ?250-?300k would probably get him onboard , either that or wait until the summer , why insult anyone with such a paltry increase and additional clauses inserted , the flucking thing stinks and it's about time prema-tan-man was held to account !!! :(:(

To be honest, I cannot see Gow playing in the first team next season if we sign him. Therefore I'd rather we got him on the cheap.

I do think we'll get him before the end of January, however come the summer I feel we'll be looking for someone with more ability.

At this moment i've never felt so abjectly down , i can't believe we're upping a bid for a potentially decent young(ish) scottish player by ?15k , dependant on the amount of games he'll play , when ?250-?300k would probably get him onboard , either that or wait until the summer , why insult anyone with such a paltry increase and additional clauses inserted , the flucking thing stinks and it's about time prema-tan-man was held to account !!! :(  :(

To be honest, I cannot see Gow playing in the first team next season if we sign him. Therefore I'd rather we got him on the cheap.

I do think we'll get him before the end of January, however come the summer I feel we'll be looking for someone with more ability.

It's the way we've handled it rather than if we get him or not that worries me more , we look amatuerish and shambolic in our dealings for players.

At this moment i've never felt so abjectly down , i can't believe we're upping a bid for a potentially decent young(ish) scottish player by ?15k , dependant on the amount of games he'll play , when ?250-?300k would probably get him onboard , either that or wait until the summer , why insult anyone with such a paltry increase and additional clauses inserted , the flucking thing stinks and it's about time prema-tan-man was held to account !!! :(  :(

It's the way we've handled it rather than if we get him or not that worries me more , we look amatuerish and shambolic in our dealings for player

Yeah I have to agree. Offering 15k more is pretty embarrassing really esp depending on how many games he plays. I don't think we should be paying the full 500k btw but I can't believe anyone at Rangers expected them to settle for 15k more.

Mortally embarrassed?

My god, get a grip man! This is Alan Gow we are talking about - if we missed out on Ronaldhino over 100k then I will be close to embarrassed

Anyway, if Rangers signing policies mortally embarrass you then I suggest you possibly need to chill just a little

So who do you suggest we play upfront tomorrow, if/when Boyd and Novo arent producing?

Sebo - Nah, Not in the squad list

Prso - Injured

Buffel - When was the last good game he played?

We need him now, Not at the end of the season.

people complain when we are overspending on small players and now complaining when we are being carefull with our money

Id like to see this list you have of us overspending on players.

Sebo is the only player we paid a bit extra for and so far it is a gamble that didnt pay off.

Every other bid, we dont even come close to the valuation of the players ie Elmader, Kallstrom etc

Then when we get a good player, we sell him for peanuts.

Rangers are a joke in the transfer market.

P.s. Gow is worth ?250k, Falkirk would accept that. They are not asking for a riddiculous offer, way over the asking price.

Why pay ?250,000-?300,000 for a guy that is out of contract in 6months time?? Rangers are doin the right thing here they are makin Falkirk think there is ?150,000 for a guy that is out of contract in 6months time so do we take it or do we loose him for nuthin at the end of season?? it will go down to last day of window and am pretty sure he will be a Rangers player by end of the window

we made a bid for Kallstrom?  You been drinking?

We didn't make a bid. I think we were put off by the fee of around ?5M.

We were put off? you know for sure? or is that just paper talk?

personally, there is no way on earth that I thik we could afford him

I think it could have been handled a lot better. 15k of an increase is derisory and insulting. We will not come close to meeting their 500k, but come on this is not the way to go. Between last Summer and now this time we are getting ourselves a bad reputation. There is a difference about being judicious and being bloody stupid.

Negotiations are one thing but if all you do is annoy people and get nowhere that's NOT good business.

:rolleyes:

I think it could have been handled a lot better. 15k of an increase is derisory and insulting. We will not come close to meeting their 500k, but come on this is not the way to go. Between last Summer and now this time we are getting ourselves a bad reputation. There is a difference about being judicious and being bloody stupid.

Negotiations are one thing but if all you do is annoy people and get nowhere that's NOT good business.

Agreed Nvager. They are making us a laughing stock among other clubs with our offers. And there are far too many leaks to the press these days about how much we are offering. What is being done about that?

Embarrassed? A wis fair scunnered to say the least. :rolleyes::lol:

Embarrassed, Petrie, Jewell and Hughes have all laughed at us in public due to our tightness and pathetic bids!

Right. And the way we are going, that list will only get bigger.

Most have missed my point here , yes i realise it's Alan Gow we're talking about (a bluenose and a good one at that i may add) , the whole point of my post is the lack of profesionalism shown by RFC in this case , Stokes gone and ur star player left , ur Yogi , we offer 100k - Fluck off you say , we come back with 135k but he must play 40 games for us !!!! - away and flucking chase urselves is the answer !!!!!

We are a joke \and Bain is the one turning us into it !!!!