Hartley,if you don't like it just hand in your ...

Friedmarsbar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good signing football wise but do we really want someone who despises us playing for us
good signing football

All that matters!

yes but can't you understand why people don't want him after those comments

He never made those comments tho.

Its pretty stereotypical to say he despises us.

Ok he supports Celtic and called us...well you know. But as I said before maybe he was just naive. He was what, 19, when he made that comment and it's hardly likely that he knew the ins and outs of bigotry then is it? How many young people have you heard using bigoted expressions and not realy know what it means. Hartley was not much older then I am now when he gave that interview and I am prepared to say he said it simply to look cool and like a bit of a big man.

You guys talk about how you love RFC maybe you should take your narrow minded specs off and look at what he offers us in footballing terms, after all thats what RFC is, a football club. He offers us tenaciousness, leadership, great delivery from free kicks and is a genuine goalscoring threat.

Paul Hartley cannot change the past., but he can help the future of RFC (tu)

good signing football wise but do we really want someone who despises us playing for us
good signing football

All that matters!

yes but can't you understand why people don't want him after those comments

He never made those comments tho.

how do u know?

"Paul Hartley utterly refutes the allegation that he made such remarks. These comments come from an apparent interview which was given to an unofficial publication almost ten years ago and have been picked up by a discreditable source before being distributed to national newspapers.

"It is also interesting to note that, yet again, such a story is published on the eve of an important fixture involving Hearts and, in particular, that it features a high-profile player coming back from injury.

"Such attempts to discredit Paul will not succeed and a number of Paul's friends and family are indeed Rangers fans.

"Paul has the complete backing of everyone at the club and we would also like to stress that the players, directors and staff condemn all forms of sectarianism."

Muff...

Im well aware of what Hartley's agent said in his press release...

The problem is we have the interview in print....backed up by the interviewee (who of course is nothing to do with Rangers) who states he printed Hartley's responses verbatim.

Are we now believing the statements of press agents as gospel over what we can see in black and white ?

"Paul Hartley utterly refutes the allegation that he made such remarks. These comments come from an apparent interview which was given to an unofficial publication almost ten years ago and have been picked up by a discreditable source before being distributed to national newspapers.

"It is also interesting to note that, yet again, such a story is published on the eve of an important fixture involving Hearts and, in particular, that it features a high-profile player coming back from injury.

"Such attempts to discredit Paul will not succeed and a number of Paul's friends and family are indeed Rangers fans.

"Paul has the complete backing of everyone at the club and we would also like to stress that the players, directors and staff condemn all forms of sectarianism."

Muff...

The problem is we have the interview in print....backed up by the interviewee (who of course is nothing to do with Rangers) who states he printed Hartley's responses verbatim.

Are we now believing the statements of press agents as gospel over what we can see in black and white ?

Hartley came out himself and said he never said anything like it. You would think if he did, he would have the balls to apologise or admit to it.

Seriously sad sign of the times. :( .glad ive had my day being a follower up and down the country, abroad etc , of the team, loved every minute of it , canny relate

to much of whats been going on in recent years, like this signing if it takes place, makes it any easier chose to stay away, maybe its time for the cardigan, and the tartan slippers..for this member of the Old Git Loyal.. :(

Muff...

How odd - you say we shouldn't believe the word of press agents, yet at the same time you seem to be expecting us to believe yours...

btw - Hartley was the interviewee. Either I've missed something or your post is a paradox. Furthermore, feel free to demonstrate how the interviewer has backed up Hartley's alleged comment.

Muff...

How odd - you say we shouldn't believe the word of press agents, yet at the same time you seem to be expecting us to believe yours...

btw - Hartley was the interviewee. Either I've missed something or your post is a paradox. Furthermore, feel free to demonstrate how the interviewer has backed up Hartley's alleged comment.

why would the guy print than in a millwall fanzine if he did'nt say it

Muff...

Hartley came out himself and said he never said anything like it. You would think if he did, he would have the balls to apologise or admit to it.

Quite so. He wants to join us, and a simple 'I was young and stupid and didn't mean what I said' type apology or whatever would put the whole issue to bed. The fact he has not taken this 'easy way out' would suggest, among the other circumstantial evidence, that he didn't say what he was alleged to have.

Furthermore - why is it we all say we don't believe the drivel in the Sun, yet all too many people seem happy to swallow a cheap and tacky article in a fanzine. What makes such a publication so much more reliable than the salacious twaddle in a gutter red top?

Makes you wonder if folk among our support have some agenda for not wanting Hartley.

Muff...

why would the guy print than in a millwall fanzine if he did'nt say it

See my further post on this.

I do feel like the debate's beginning to go round in circles.

all this nonsense about apparent interviews 10 years ago etc is a total joke.

no one care, Hartley is a good football player and thats all that matters.. If he is a Celtic fan then its his choice (no matter how silly it is of course..) and if he signs for Rangers il back him all the way.

Cannot believe people are arguing over this. Why the hell should we refuse to sign a player that would clearly benefit our team just because he is ALLEGED to have made detrimental comments about us in a fanzine from almost two decades ago?

Times are hard enough at the moment without us having to make them worse by being petty about the players we sign. If there is a player who would give 100% every game and also get him for a cut-price transfer fee then you take him. No questions.

We are forever moaning about SDM and Martin Bain's judgement of players but they really would be insane to turn down Paul Hartley.

Cannot believe people are arguing over this. Why the hell should we refuse to sign a player that would clearly benefit our team just because he is ALLEGED to have made detrimental comments about us in a fanzine from almost two decades ago?

Times are hard enough at the moment without us having to make them worse by being petty about the players we sign. If there is a player who would give 100% every game and also get him for a cut-price transfer fee then you take him. No questions.

We are forever moaning about SDM and Martin Bain's judgement of players but they really would be insane to turn down Paul Hartley.

20 yrs ago :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

Which planet are you posting from....did he make his remarks while at primary school (beer)

Muff...

Why is that so odd ? Press agents are re-known for saying anything to defend their clients or promote them in a good light...its what they are paid to do.

Why should we believe any of your statements Danny if we want to get down to basics.

You must be getting pretty desperate if you are steeping to typo errors..the point is...the interviewer was contacted by the press and stated as such.

Over to you

Why is that so odd ? Press agents are re-known for saying anything to defend their clients or promote them in a good light...its what they are paid to do.

May I point out it was an official club statement, and nothing to do with Hartley's press agent.

Why should we believe any of your statements Danny if we want to get down to basics.

Difference is I'm not making a claim I cannot back up - and if I do, I clearly state I cannot back it up and do not expect others to take it at face value. You appear to be the contrary here. Furthermore, you're right, no one has to believe anything I say. But this isn't really about me, is it?

You must be getting pretty desperate if you are steeping to typo errors..the point is...the interviewer was contacted by the press and stated as such.

Contacted? Sounds to me like you're making yet more comments based on your own conjecture. Can you back any of these claims up?

Over to you

*throws ball back into your court*

Its pretty stereotypical to say he despises us.

Ok he supports Celtic and called us...well you know. But as I said before maybe he was just naive. He was what, 19, when he made that comment and it's hardly likely that he knew the ins and outs of bigotry then is it? How many young people have you heard using bigoted expressions and not realy know what it means. Hartley was not much older then I am now when he gave that interview and I am prepared to say he said it simply to look cool and like a bit of a big man.

You guys talk about how you love RFC maybe you should take your narrow minded specs off and look at what he offers us in footballing terms, after all thats what RFC is, a football club. He offers us tenaciousness, leadership, great delivery from free kicks and is a genuine goalscoring threat.

Paul Hartley cannot change the past., but he can help the future of RFC (tu)

Good post (tu) .

Hartley's Celtic links do not bother me in the slightest, in fact I think that this could be great opportunity to show Rangers fans are above tabloid intrigue. Whatever the truth of statement I say turn the other cheek and let's get on with supporting Waldo's efforts to strengthen Rangers! :)

tbh if he sign's i will back him but would prefer we did'nt have people who hate us and our traditions at ibrox

Why does he hate you, and what traditions does he despise? I'm asking out of morbid curiosity.

you must have seen the article and you should know rangers traditions

May I point out it was an official club statement, and nothing to do with Hartley's press agent.

Difference is I'm not making a claim I cannot back up - and if I do, I clearly state I cannot back it up and do not expect others to take it at face value. You appear to be the contrary here. Furthermore, you're right, no one has to believe anything I say. But this isn't really about me, is it?

Contacted? Sounds to me like you're making yet more comments based on your own conjecture. Can you back any of these claims up?

Over to you

*throws ball back into your court*

No legal action

Note the last paragraph of the above article. So its not just my word it seems.