Hartley,if you don't like it just hand in your ...

Friedmarsbar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'Artagnan, the Gub would be proud of you!

As some one said to Feriens Tego( one of the infamous clique) in a thread.

You do more damage to Rangers credibility than a thousand Celtic supporters!

How true!

For someone who has been exposed as printing discreditable comments about fellow Bears...on this very thread I may add... without being capable of substantiating any of them....you sure have some gall to accuse anyone of "damaging credibility".

Can we get this right,musketeer, I have not labelled the entire Rangers support, I have faith in the vast majority of bears who I know will welcome Hartley,especially if he performs , as that is all that a real Rangers supporter wants.

It is you and your ilk,who,even if Hartley got down on one knee(maybe not?) and apologised that he even harboured such thoughts,you and your crew of bigots

would then say'he would say that,would'nt he'.

So better he says nothing and gets on with playing football after being given the opportunity by two real Rangers,Walter Smith & Ally McCoist.

Then again I'm neither 'orange' or a 'bastard' just a Rangers supporter.

My last retort to you,stick to FF in future, the clique will welcome you with open arms.

Can we get this right,musketeer, I have not labelled the entire Rangers support, I have faith in the vast majority of bears who I know will welcome Hartley,especially if he performs , as that is all that a real Rangers supporter wants.

It is you and your ilk,who,even if Hartley got down on one knee(maybe not?) and apologised that he even harboured such thoughts,you and your crew of bigots

So better he says nothing and gets on with playing football after being given the opportunity by two real Rangers,Walter Smith & Ally McCoist.

My last retort to you,stick to FF in future, the clique will welcome you with open arms.

what a strange post dont you know our traditions that's what make's us a special club and why do u hate ff

Where did I say I hate our traditions, our roots are protestant,something to be proud of.

I do not hate FF, I am a member, but I do hate the views of the FF clique (if you read that board you will know who I mean) who are no more than anti catholic bigots.

Sorry the truth hurts!

Where did I say I hate our traditions, our roots are protestant,something to be proud of.

I do not hate FF, I am a member, but I do hate the views of the FF clique (if you read that board you will know who I mean) who are no more than anti catholic bigots.

Sorry the truth hurts!

if you're proud of our traditions you will understand why a lot of fans have reservations about hartley signing i am also a member of ff and it is a great site imo

No legal action

Note the last paragraph of the above article. So its not just my word it seems.

This is your entire rebuttal?

Oh c'mon m8! You can do better than that :)

Actually, I would say it is the perfect rebuttal

Those who have a legal case, take the action and don't mouth off about it

Those who have no case tell you publicly they are considering legal action and that's the last you hear of it.

Those who can - do

Those who can't - talk about it

PaulH.jpg

Some fans wont be happy, not me tho. Will do a great job and will give 200% everytime!

We all know the guy's a Celtic fan, it isn't news tbh.

End of the day, he wants to play for us, possibly because he wants to partner Barry, and his desire to join us and his ability pretty much dismisses the fact he's a raging tim.

In the immortal words of so many people, past, present and future:

Who cares?

this is of paul hartleys best friend who goes to the games with hartley,his words were. hartley has been offered best deal by rangers, but they are not his preferred choice but he is only interested who pays the most and this story is true .its not the thought of playing with barry, and by the way it will not bother me if he signs and you can say the story is rubbish, but its spot on, and is only here for the cash and if somebody else makes a late bid we will not get him.

Bigot - a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Seems you fit the bill perfectly Fried.

On this thread alone you have made spurious links to Rangers supporters who are against Hartley signing......alleging they are bigots because they assume a stance which differs from yours.....you have made claims which you have now conceded are erroneous...and now you chose to demean fellow Bears who post on another website.

You have alleged that if Hartley apologised I would not be prepared to accept him. Wrong again.

But being wrong is a common trait of yours....you are simply a windbag who is happy to make both assumptions and allegations against fellow Bears....I am more than happy thats is your last comment to me.

I chose not to use the word retort....because you dont retort...when challenged you have failed to retort to the questions posed, your arguements and accusations..which appear to be mostly against fellow Bears... are lacking in both substance and content.

D'Artagnan, the Gub would be proud of you!

As some one said to Feriens Tego( one of the infamous clique) in a thread.

You do more damage to Rangers credibility than a thousand Celtic supporters!

How true!

you mate seem to have a problem with d artagnan, the guy post his opinions and you say he does more damage to rangers fans he has said nothing bigoted and only given his opinion, and by the way why would somebody make up a story then leave themselves open to legal action,and by the way i have no problem with him playing for rangers. and to be honest d artaggnan is one of the best posters on here, and you should respect his opinion even if you dont agree with it.

No legal action

Note the last paragraph of the above article. So its not just my word it seems.

This is your entire rebuttal?

Oh c'mon m8! You can do better than that :)

Rebuttal ?

Why should it require to be a rebuttal Danny ? You have your opinion I have mine. It differs...so what ? You think we should sign Hartley...I dont.

The only thing I have an issue with is the fact that we are appear to be going against logic...fact and reasonable conclusion with regard to Hartley's comments.

I dont want to sign Hartley because I dont want to pay the wages of someone who made particularly disparaging remarks about our club. End of.

But to jump from that position to then insinuate that anyone maintaining such a view are bigots...who blast out FTP....fenian bastards......TBB....is quite simply pathetic.

I dont want to sign Hartley because I dont want to pay the wages of someone who made particularly disparaging remarks about our club. End of.

Disappointing comment - you have as much proof that he made those comments as I do that he didn't.

None.

I am merely speculating a case to suggest he didn't. Whereas you seem to have taken a hard view that he did with no hard proof to support your claim.

And it's a claim, not an opinion.

D'Artagnan, i only have one question and i would appreciate it if you could answer it.

Is Paul Hartley the only player who supports Celtic that you don't want to see at Ibrox? Or does this apply to every Celtic fan who is a proffesional footballer?

Just interested to hear if it is just this one case or a general rule you have. (tu)

I dont want to sign Hartley because I dont want to pay the wages of someone who made  particularly disparaging remarks about our club. End of.

Disappointing comment - you have as much proof that he made those comments as I do that he didn't.

None.

I am merely speculating a case to suggest he didn't. Whereas you seem to have taken a hard view that he did with no hard proof to support your claim.

Not quite accurate Danny.

The original article has been circulated and we have seen for ourselves what was in the original document.

The Sun contacted the person interviewing Hartley and he confirmed he had placed his comments verbatim into the fanzine.

Hartley chose not to distance himself at the time the article was published.

Despite his press releases Hartley has not sought the legal retribution he claimed he was going to pursue when his press release was issued. Alba's interpretation of the entailment of this perfectly reflects my own.

Against that we have Hartley's denial.

Its on this balance I take my...as you call it hard view.

Can I ask you...if it was proven beyond reasonable doubt that he had in fact made these comments...would you still wish to sign him ?

I dont want to sign Hartley because I dont want to pay the wages of someone who made  particularly disparaging remarks about our club. End of.

None.

The original article has been circulated and we have seen for ourselves what was in the original document.

The Sun contacted the person interviewing Hartley and he confirmed he had placed his comments verbatim into the fanzine.

Despite his press releases Hartley has not sought the legal retribution he claimed he was going to pursue when his press release was issued. Alba's interpretation of the entailment of this perfectly reflects my own.

Can I ask you...if it was proven beyond reasonable doubt that he had in fact made these comments...would you still wish to sign him ?

Yup. I want the best players we can obtain in the current climate. If we discriminate based on what a foolish 18 year old said 13 years ago, I suspect that reflects more on us than him.

But given the entire case is made by a fanzine and the gutter sh*t that is the Sun, and your word that the interviewer corroborated the article, tbh, with all due respect, it has very little credence for me.

Regards.

D'Artagnan, i only have one question and i would appreciate it if you could answer it.

Is Paul Hartley the only player who supports Celtic that you don't want to see at Ibrox? Or does this apply to every Celtic fan who is a proffesional footballer?

Just interested to hear if it is just this one case or a general rule you have. (tu)

BIC

I dont care if Hartley supports Celtic...not an issue.

I had absolutely no issue with us signing Mojo...great player for us.

My issue with Hartley is that he has openly declared his hatred for our club....and having been caught ..red handed so to speak...has refused to apologise.

Despite the claims of Fried....if he was to acknowledge what he said was wrong and apologise for it...I would not be so objectionable.

I hope this answers your question.

BIC

I dont care if Hartley supports Celtic...not an issue.

I had absolutely no issue with us signing Mojo...great player for us.

My issue with Hartley is that he has openly declared his hatred for our club....and having been caught ..red handed so to speak...has refused to apologise.

Despite the claims of Fried....if he was to acknowledge what he said was wrong and apologise for it...I would not be so objectionable.

I hope this answers your question.

It does mate. Fair answer. (tu)

You are entitled to your oppinion and although i don't agree with it i can see why you would have it.

If this was at a time in our history when we were doing really well and had great players here already then i might be on your side on this. But because of the situation we are in at the moment i just cannot see how we can refuse him.

None.

Yup. I want the best players we can obtain in the current climate. If we discriminate based on what a foolish 18 year old said 13 years ago, I suspect that reflects more on us than him.

But given the entire case is made by a fanzine and the gutter sh*t that is the Sun, and your word that the interviewer corroborated the article, tbh, with all due respect, it has very little credence for me.

Regards.

I think the problem Danny is really not in what a foolish 18/19 year old said....but more in whether we believe he actually made those comments. This is really the only point we are disagreeing on.

I fully agree that a player of Hartley's calibre would be a beneficial addition to our squad.

just read article about hartley and i dont thing the guy would publish it if he had just invented the story as hartley would have sued. and by the way hartley does hate us and if another club come in, and offer him better wages he will sign for them. :rolleyes: