Hartley,if you don't like it just hand in your ...

Friedmarsbar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if another club come in, and offer him better wages he will sign for them. :rolleyes:

Let me see how best to put this minstral.......He is a professional football player hence the reason to play for the team who is will to pay him the most doh

i think you should have read earlier post where somebody said he wanted to play along side barry. :rolleyes:

Here you go Minstral bud

http://i12.tinypic.com/2lxwdg2.jpg

If we look at this more closely, it's odd at best.

For a start, why would he say 'The Glasgow Rangers Team'? That is a really, really strange way of referring to any football team.

Secondly, it was the Sun who made a big deal of this alleged article, yet Hartley is quoted as having smeared them as well.

Thirdly, why would a lifelong Celtic fan call his team 'Glasgow Celtic'?

I really possess a wad of dubiety over this article's authenticity.

When i first heard that Hartley might sign for us i thought oh no but now i am starting to changer my mind. He isn't the most polite or fair player but i reckon he will bring a presence to the team thats needed and reckon he will prove good. Hopefully we won;t need to shell out a fortune for him cause he isn't young

It's nothing short of pathetic that this thread has spawned 8 pages, solely because the boy's a Celtic fan.

Thought we were by this stage. Clearly not, no wonder UEFA have a fucking field day with us.

Doesn't bother me in the sliughtest that he likes the tims as long as he plays well for us thats all that matters imo

He isn't the most polite or fair player

Exactly what we need (tu)

Think Hartley would be a great signing, might be 30 but has 3 good years+ in him. You know exactly what you are going to get from him, determination, fight, aggression, quality etc.

It's nothing short of pathetic that this thread has spawned 8 pages, solely because the boy's a Celtic fan.

Thought we were by this stage. Clearly not, no wonder UEFA have a fucking field day with us.

Understand yer point mate but have you not noticed that that other lot hate us even more than ever and it will always be like that.

I prefer it that way actually :rolleyes: (beer)

if another club come in, and offer him better wages he will sign for them. :rolleyes:

Let me see how best to put this minstral.......He is a professional football player hence the reason to play for the team who is will to pay him the most doh

i think you should have read earlier post where somebody said he wanted to play along side barry. :rolleyes:

Same statement applies he`ll still go to the team willing to pay the most money

Understand yer point mate but have you not noticed that that other lot hate us even more than ever and it will always be like that.

yet they sign 3 ex gers without batting an eyelid.

There should not be any discussion about this. The only discussion should be about his qualities, whether he is good enough etc not about his background or boyhood team

There should not be any discussion about this. The only discussion should be about his qualities, whether he is good enough etc not about his background or boyhood team

Well some of the unwashed that I know have said....That orange barsteward Pressley better pull his weight or he wil be given the message.

Some have actually started complaining coz he is injured by sayin useless orange barsteward etc (beer)

Spot on (tu)

Its his footballing attributes that attracted the offer from Rangers and its those attributes that he should be judged on.

Personally i really dont give a care to what may or may not have been said - i just rise above it. Whats important to me is how the team and the Club progress.

Hartley is one of the finest players, in his position, in this Country and would be a terrific acquisition - a perfect foil for BF. The two of them together would pish all over any midfield partnership in the SPL and be a fixture in the National set-up.

As an earlier poster commented on here, we need to move on from the dark days, this guy is a Celtic fan - but if he comes here, we have the opportunity to prove we are bigger than that, and show the dignity Rangers are supposed to be all about. The Club have shown it in my eyes, by pursuing him in the first place.

Its up to us to prove it if - and when - he arrives by just getting behind him.

If his performances are not up to it - i will be the first to vent but i will give him the chance, and thats all he can expect from us.....

and the very least we can do for him.

I think the bottom line here is that nobody knows if he made the comments or not. I will never take the Sun's word on anything.

So given that we can't ever know, can we please let his football do the talking? If he gives 100% for us then that's good enough for me.

If he signs, I say welcome aboard

The simple fact that he's consider coming to us anyway tells me enough about him. If he was proper dyed-in-the-wool Tim I doubt he would consider it.

He must be a bigger man than me, because I don't think I could play for Celtic, and fair play to him for that.

Question Fish, if it had been vice versa and he'd called Celtic fenian bastards in that interview, would you still expect him to make a public apology, as that would have been equally as bad?

Thats not the case at all Papa...

Whoever he supports is not and never has been an issue.

The fact that he has been quoted saying he hates Rangers and the orange h** bastards that follow them is bound to get some fans backs up.

It seems we`re only interested because we`re desperate. The same folk that say "Walter and Ally are Rangers through and through and that they`re the kind of mean needed at Ibrox right now" , are the same folk saying " mmm we could do worse than Harley".

Bigotry aside gentlemen , PRIDE comes first. Maybe its just me but I can`t be fucked with turncoats. I don`t trust them. Then again, if he turned up and gave 100% I`d gladly eat my words.

The fact that he has been quoted saying he hates Rangers and the orange h** bastards that follow them is bound to get some fans backs up.

It seems we`re only interested because we`re desperate. The same folk that say "Walter and Ally are Rangers through and through and that they`re the kind of mean needed at Ibrox right now" , are the same folk saying " mmm we could do worse than Harley".

Bigotry aside gentlemen , PRIDE comes first. Maybe its just me but I can`t be fucked with turncoats. I don`t trust them. Then again, if he turned up and gave 100% I`d gladly eat my words.

The days of clubs fielding a team of guys who grew up within 5 miles of the ground etc and have been lifelong supporters are gone. It's great when you get diehards like Barry Ferguson but Hartley is a professional and a very good one at that. I think he'll be a welcome addition as long as he gives 100%.

Nobody questioned his commitment at Hearts and remember he used to play for Hibs. I don't think the guy will let us down, if he signs!

Got a link to back this claim up?

What about the fact they also included MacDowall in that assessment. Which club did we get HIM from? And how does that fit in with your theory?

Bigotry aside gentlemen , PRIDE comes first.  Maybe its just me but I can`t be fucked with turncoats. I don`t trust them. Then again, if he turned up and gave 100% I`d gladly eat my words.

Hypocrite (tu)

It seems we`re only interested because we`re desperate

Obviously never seen Hartley play then. One of the best midfielders in the country!

For less than ?1.5million, where could we get a player half as good as him???

We can't!

Guest orangpendek

1- this is a superb chance to get it right up the media by appearing to be on the moral high ground. you don't have to even mean it, just think how choked spiers will be if he hears us cheering hartley! i know a lot of posters on here hate spiers with a passion, so here's your chance to really get it up him.

2- i reckon some people need to grow a thicker skin. what d'you expect him to say,'i love rangers?' we all know the abuse we used to hurl at the neighbours, so if we dished it out we should be able to take it.

3- would he be cup tied for the uefa's after playing in the cl qualifiers?

1- this is a superb chance to get it right up the media by appearing to be on the moral high ground. you don't have to even mean it, just think how choked spiers will be if he hears us cheering hartley! i know a lot of posters on here hate spiers with a passion, so here's your chance to really get it up him.

2- i reckon some people need to grow a thicker skin. what d'you expect him to say,'i love rangers?' we all know the abuse we used to hurl at the neighbours, so if we dished it out we should be able to take it.

Not too sure on that one, heard a number of stories. Cant due to playing for Hearts in the CL qualifiers. Can as different competitions. I dont think he can tho??