Hemdani was rotten today

Ayebrox

I really think this guy is very over-rated. Don't get me wrong, he's a very intellgent, neat and tidy footballer that generally keeps possession very well.

But he just doesn't give enough off the ball. He's got to show he's more willing to do more of the dirty work.

He reminds me of someones dad joining in a park game with his kids mates. You can tell he's a good player, he'll play simple passes and won't give it away, but if some wee nipper goes to make a run past him, he won't go chasing, and just generally won't get stuck in.

We need more energy and aggression from him off the ball, but I don't think he'll ever give us that. I'm not saying we should have kept Ricksen, but remember when he was on his game in midfield, the type of performances he gave ? That's what we need in my opinion, a player closer to his style. If we could find another Gattuso, that would be perfect !

The biggest problems today was again the wide men, and creativity in general, I accept that. But some fans seem to view Hemdani as a player who would be good enough for us beside Barry next season. I strongly disagree with that view.

In games against weaker opposition, where we are finding it easier to control the game, he will stroll through it and give an admirable performance. But when the going is tough, he just doesn't cut it for me.

I really think this guy is very over-rated. Don't get me wrong, he's a very intellgent, neat and tidy footballer that generally keeps possession very well.

But he just doesn't give enough off the ball. He's got to show he's more willing to do more of the dirty work.

He reminds me of someones dad joining in a park game with his kids mates. You can tell he's a good player, he'll play simple passes and won't give it away, but if some wee nipper goes to make a run past him, he won't go chasing, and just generally won't get stuck in.

We need more energy and aggression from him off the ball, but I don't think he'll ever give us that. I'm not saying we should have kept Ricksen, but remember when he was on his game in midfield, the type of performances he gave ? That's what we need in my opinion, a player closer to his style. If we could find another Gattuso, that would be perfect !

The biggest problems today was again the wide men, and creativity in general, I accept that. But some fans seem to view Hemdani as a player who would be good enough for us beside Barry next season. I strongly disagree with that view.

In games against weaker opposition, where we are finding it easier to control the game, he will stroll through it and give an admirable performance. But when the going is tough, he just doesn't cut it for me.

That is my opinion as well, but he is not the only one. :(

He's suited to slow French football. Not the SPL though. He's a good a season to be fair. One of the few consitent performers.

Having said that, his style of play means he doesn't do much wrong but in large he doesn't do much.

He's not much of a tackler and his passes are harldy defense splitting. He's what

I'd call a plodder. Plodding along doing his thing.

He was super poor today though.

Unrealistic: But if we had Hartley and Brown neither he or Charlie (shitey passer, canny cross the baw) Adam wouldn't get a game.

He reminds me of someones dad joining in a park game with his kids mates. You can tell he's a good player, he'll play simple passes and won't give it away, but if some wee nipper goes to  make a run past him, he won't go chasing, and just generally won't get stuck in.

That is my opinion as well, but he is not the only one. :(

Agreed. Adam and Sionko were awful today too, I admire Novo' efforts but he'll always be a limited player. Boyd I have more sympathy with, I'll judge him when we give him some decent service from out wide and a better strike partner (someone with both pace and creativity would be perfect, but who fits the bill, can we afford them and will they come ? I'd like to see Naismith and McDonald sign up to boost the squad)

and of course he ain't Scots or a boozer, what chance has he.

He's slow, he can't tackle, and he can't hit a forward pass.. definitely not suited to our game. We need someone in the midfield who contributes more.

He's a fine player and I'm sure he'd do an excellent job for some other club in a different country, but not Rangers.

He reminds me of someones dad joining in a park game with his kids mates. You can tell he's a good player, he'll play simple passes and won't give it away, but if some wee nipper goes to  make a run past him, he won't go chasing, and just generally won't get stuck in.

and of course he ain't Scots or a boozer, what chance has he.

What kind of comment is that ? Nothing constructive to contribute ?

It's nothing to do with nationality.

I've heavily criticised Hutton, Adam and Burke this season. None of them are first team quality in my opinion.

Boyd needs to add more to his game, but to be fair needs better service.

I have my doubts that McGregor is good enough in the long term.

So what is your point ?

What kind of comment is that ? Nothing constructive to contribute ?

So what is your point ?

It's the sort of comment he always makes. Ignore it or you'll want to <pbag>

I think we can now block certain people's comments if we'd rather not read them btw. If we can't yet then it's in the pipeline.. (tu)

I thought he wasn`t bad today actually, got stuck in for a change but did like the Dad comparison

Hemdani isn't quite back to his best after being (rightly imho) put back in midfield. He was playing very well in midfield earlier in the season then was put back to central defence (without complaining as far as I know) for the good of the team, as the then manager saw it.

Hemdani, rarely makes a bad pass, works hard to get into positions to break up attacks, and is generally available for an outlet pass

He does a similar role to \Lennon and is undervalued

But he ain't Scots and he ain't a boozer so what chance has he got.

Lennon can tackle. In the position, just in front of the defenders where both these players play aka defensive midfield you need to be able to tackle. Lennon can, Hemdani can't. Regardless of nationality or love for the booze he suited to the French game not to the SPL.

fuck sake - was I watching the same game as you guys today? Adam cannae cross the ball?? WTF?????

Were any of you watching with your eyes open? Some of his crosses today were fuckin brilliant! Just the finishing and positioning was diabolical!

:o :o :o

I watched every minute of the game. Count the crosses and corners that you class as "fkin brilliant" and count the ones that hit the keeper, didnt clear the first defender or went behind the goal or over the bar. Then we'll discuss just how brilliant they were...

I'll have the notepad out when I watch the game in full tomorrow on Setanta. You do the same. (tu)

Hemdani, rarely makes a bad pass, works hard to get into positions to break up attacks, and is generally available for an outlet pass

Good call. Hemdani did have a very rare poor first half today-- like most of our team.

He improved in the 2 nd half and was more his usual tidy self, breaking up opposition play, passing to his own team, letting Barry and Adam get forward.

It is rare for him to give the ball away as he did in the first half but as I said most of the team were guilty of that today.

Lennon can tackle. In the position, just in front of the defenders where both these players play aka defensive midfield you need to be able to tackle. Lennon can, Hemdani can't. Regardless of nationality or love for the booze he suited to the French game not to the SPL.

(tu)

fuck sake - was I watching the same game as you guys today? Adam cannae cross the ball?? WTF?????

Were any of you watching with your eyes open? Some of his crosses today were fuckin brilliant! Just the finishing and positioning was diabolical!

i strongly agree mate. but i would rather see adam playing in an atting midfield position, which wont happen now that hartley's coming. he would be great in AM.

Hemdani is one of the best players in the team, we need someone to put the foot on the ball and just keep possesssion. He does ti brilliantly.

Fair, today was a a poor game played on a poor pitch.

As for Adam's crossing, yesterday it was absolutly awful. I cant think of 1 decent cross.

Hemdani is one of the best players in the team, we need someone to put the foot on the ball and just keep possesssion. He does ti brilliantly.

Fair, today was a a poor game played on a poor pitch.

As for Adam's crossing, yesterday it was absolutly awful. I cant think of 1 decent cross.

i can think of a few but more bad than good.