Walters Bids

Ted E Bayer

According to Walt: "We have bids out for a number of players"

Who could they be and have a I missed anyone?

• McCulloch
  • Gow
  • Hartley
  • Adda Djeziri (Danish Kid Striker)
  • Robbie Neilson (Maybe)
  • Scott McDonald (Maybe)
    Edit:
  • Brown
  • Neilson

Have I missed anyone? :huh:

I don't think you've missed any. I would like to think we are still in for Brown, but I doubt it.

I also rate Naismith, despite his dip in form. I believe he has great potential and could be a bit of a Maloney figure for us, offering a bit of creativity, could play on the left or up front. Wouldn't pay more than 750k though.

At this time, whether it's now or the summer, the whole first team needs replaced except Smith, Ferguson and Boyd. I'd like to see McGregor for 6 more months, especially the two Old Firm games and europe before passing final judgement either way.

The same with the CBs, we need to see who plays well and who stays on for next season.

According to Walt:  "We have bids out for a number of players"

Who could they be and have a I missed anyone?

• McCulloch
  • Gow
  • Hartley
  • Adda Djeziri (Danish Kid Striker)
  • Robbie Neilson (Maybe)
  • Scott McDonald (Maybe)

Have I missed anyone?  :huh:

Out of that list, I would like to see the following wearing our strip:

Gow

[*]Hartley

[*]Adda Djeziri (Danish Kid Strike) (don't know much about the kid but sounds promising)

McDonald

Unless we sign better quality than the names on that list we had better get used to second place.

Signing all of the above will not overtake Celtic

Sad but true my man sad but true

But Murray isnt going to fund any better, so we better hope Walter can do the biz

Unless we sign better quality than the names on that list we had better get used to second place.

Signing all of the above will not overtake Celtic

Until the summer they are the best we can hope for. <nooo>

why ?

why should we accept that they are the best we can hope for ?

Beccause Smith, like most realistic fans, realises that this season we can only get second place. The best time to get the best players available is in the summer, unless you want to pay over the odd prices. We are basically employing stop-gap players who can see us through until the end of the season and ensure we get CL football.

Beccause Smith, like most realistic fans, realises that this season we can only get second place.? The best time to get the best players available is in the summer, unless you want to pay over the odd prices.? We are basically employing stop-gap players who can see us through until the end of the season and ensure we get CL football.

Exactly (tu) And to quote the man himself:

WALTER SMITH revealed today Rangers have bids in for a number of players but will not make transfer window purchases for the sake of them.

The returning Rangers manager is keen to strengthen his squad in a number of areas and has idenitifed the players he would like to bring in.

However, if he can't do these deals then he will not be panicked into signing players he does not really want.

Instead he may bring in some loan signings to cover certain positions and then try again in the summer.

and you have confidence that this lot will get us second place ?

We are only there at the moment because the others don't seem to want it.

If Hibs get back on track again we could be in bother

Walter appears to be toeing the party line.

His words as printed below only suggest we will be going back for the same players in the summer.

and you have confidence that this lot will get us second place ?

With the addition of one or two of the above, yes. I believe it will help us secure second place.

We are only there at the moment because the others don't seem to want it.

Other teams don't want second place? :huh:

have you noticed if we make a mbid for brown...its like and in other news today rangers have a bid rejected for brown MOVING ON!

but if celtic make a bid its all over every paper!

CELTIC HAVE WONDERKIDS BID REJECTED!!!!

you dont here the end of it! its like all the press want them to go to celtic!

i hope brown opts for us! so hibs well get SWEET FA! for thomson! :lol:

I personally would bid for all the payers with Rangers in their blood.
  • Brown
  • Gow
  • McCulloch
  • Sproul

Players who are Gers fans make all the difference. <bouncy>

Wouldn't take any of these players by choice.

Brown, I don't think could handle the pressure of playing for us or the scrutiny from referees and the sfa which comes from playing for Rangers.

Gow, when did he suddenly become a must have player? and why?

McCulloch, lumbering player with poor first touch and has never impressed me.

Sproule is fast but inconsistent with poor final balls and we have Burke who does that "role".