Problem with anti vrus software

williy6

Hve just bought and downloaded Macfee anti virus, I first removed norton prior to doing this by going into start menu, all programs and deleted the norton one.

The problem is its still running and stopping macfee from working.

Anyone know why?????????????????????

Keeps telling me I have trojan horse???????? and need to update, I.E pay more, Bollocks to that as i have just bought macfee.

Any help much appreciated

First move is to reboot the system and make sure Norton is gone. It's still running because you only uninstalled the program, you didn't stop the current session running.

Reboot, and make sure it's totally gone. Then let us know if the problem persists.

From what I have read it seems you have only deleted the shortcut to norton that is in the start menu... go to control panel, add/remove programs and find norton there and select to uninstall it (tu)

Cracking spot. Yes, Williy6 - you have to make sure you fully run the uninstall program. Manually deleting it from the Start Menu isn't enough.

Guest Euronymous

Also it's possible that even when uninstalling it like ibroxwonder stated, it may not remove it completely. To do this, but only after trying ibroxwonder solution, go and get Norton Removal Tool. Follow the steps on the link i gave and it should be all okay.

Also it's possible that even when uninstalling it like ibroxwonder stated, it may not remove it completely. To do this, but only after trying ibroxwonder solution, go and get Norton Removal Tool. Follow the steps on the link i gave and it should be all okay.

ye finally got it all sorted, thanks to all for the help, have a (beer) on me :D

ye finally got it all sorted, thanks to all for the help, have a (beer) on me :D

(tu)

you need to get rid of all other virus scans apart from AVG Free

also, get spybot search and destroy

Indeed - add Lavasoft Adaware and Spyware Doctor to that.

I swear, for virus scans, by NOD32 though. It IS the best.