Sebo yesterday

Danny

Did anyone notice yesterday how FAST he is?

The guy's pace is absolutely blistering. If we could harness some ability he could actually be a dangerous player.

I did yep, super quick. Running for balls with a player 2 and 3 yards in front of him and getting to the ball before them. I had no idea he was that quick although he should glimpses when he came on against Dundee Utd last week.

I think with a bit of coaching and a little experience he can pick up some composure and be a great player for us. Time will tell.. <bouncy>

The guy's pace is absolutely blistering. If we could harness some ability he could actually be a dangerous player.

If he ever gets his game together,he would give us far more options than Boyd,who looked woeful again yesterday.and personally I would rather have Novo wide right than Burke. (tu)

I can understand why PLG picked him up. He has pace, power and will to win. Plus he is built like a greek shithouse.

I think he is very raw but could be moulded into a very very useful player (tu)

Good post (tu) .

There is raw talent in Sebo and he is certainly equipped for the Scottish game.

Personally, I think he can make a big impact for Rangers clappiez <pbag> .

Like a greyhound off track...has anybody bothered to tell him he is playin fitba

I think he eats kennomeat when he goes hame :rolleyes: (beer)

yeah his sliding tackle was brilliant ! SEBO LOYAL!

Like a greyhound off track...has anybody bothered to tell him he is playin fitba

I think he eats kennomeat when he goes hame :rolleyes: (beer)

Ah! Fish at last a possitive post. :wacko: :lol:

IMO, he just needs to calm down when he is in a shooting position. His pace and his runs are good and he works so hard to get the ball back in the opponents half. With a little bit of the compusre he is said to show in training then there is no reason that he cannot score a lot of goals for us.

He needs a proper game though. No player can be expected to come on with 10 or 15 minutes to go each game and produce heroics. I would like to see him get a start now and again to show that he has got the ability. Maybe Smith should show Boyd that he is not a certainty to play by dropping him. It may seem suicidal but it may be the wake up call he needs because he seems to stroll around the park these days.

He is fast, he is willing and he is young. All attributes that are in his favour.

He also has the greatest goal scorer in our history to learn from, and by all accounts he has impressed said goal scorer in training.

Given patience, instruction and most importantly time, sebo could turn into one of the biggest GIRFUY we have seen...

..or a complete waste, but with all things - time will tell

I for one will back him til he is no longer a Ger

He is so raw that he needs to be cooked. His lack of technique is frightening.

He would make a good keystone cop!

Yes he has a lot of things going for him in speed and strength and attitude, but he needs to CALM DOWN and use his head as that is what he does NOT do. Its between the ears that needs fixing. The rest will then fall into place.

:rolleyes:

I also think he'll come good. He's still getting his chances by Walt and I'm certain the coaching staff can make a player of him.

Thing is, the way most SPL teams play against us he might not get to open up his pace too often.

In Europe though, where we'll be more or less sitting on our own penalty box (probably), he could make a killing.

Fingers crossed, but I'll never stop backing the guy.

He'll have to do better than 37 in 50.

That's Boyd's goals/appearances record for Rangers as of yesterday.

Not necessarily

In the big picture of someone's contribution to a team

it is not how many / per game the individual scores

but how many / game the team scores.

I know what you're saying, but if he is a striker, he should be judged on goals scored first.

It's a bit like saying your goalie is rubbish between the sticks, but he really contributes to the team with his great long-passing game.

Not necessarily

I know what you're saying, but if he is a striker, he should be judged on goals scored first.

It's a bit like saying your goalie is rubbish between the sticks, but he really contributes to the team with his great long-passing game.

Nope not entirely the same, but it was most certainly a consideration when Ronald kept stefan out !

The question about Boyd is simple, as we play teams of better quality, do we benefit more as a team from Boyd's goals or the contribution of someone like Prso who will allow the team to create more chances, who will allow us to retain the ball more, who will bring others into the game more often.

Why do you think WS favours miller to Boyd ?

In the absence of quality around the team we have become over=dependant on Boyd's goals.

My question is simple.

If Boyd is such a fantastic striker, why no bids from the EPL ? These teams will pay 5-10 million for goalscorers in the premiership, right now the Charlton's, West Ham, etc all have money to throw at their problems - yet no approaches for an out and out goalscorer, ask yourself why ?

Not necessarily

Yeah! you're right,to date all his goals have come against teams that we should be scoring against,when it comes to scoring against the better teams,he shoots blanks.sad but true. (td)

If he ever gets his game together,he would give us far more options than Boyd,who looked woeful again yesterday.and personally I would rather have Novo wide right than Burke. (tu)

Agreed, PB. If the guy can just get a little run to get his confidence going, we'll be in business.