RM La Liga Discussion Thread

Some reports were saying that Valencia were bankrupt.

Wonder what will happen to the likes of Villa, Silva, Joaquin, Albiol, Mata....?

When I caddied for Laporta in the summer when Barcelona were up in St. Andrews he said he was very interested in both Villa and Silva but didn't think he could afford them. This was when there was talk of Eto'o leaving. I wonder if they'll make a move now?

I think Villa and Silva will stay, but i wouldnt be surprised to see Albiol and Joaquin go. During the summer, Soriano promised the Valencia fans that he won't sell the pair until summer 2009 no matter how bad their finances get. Who knows though? The £41M that Madrid are prepared to pay for Villa would basically wipe out the short term debt that they need to pay.

As for Barca, well im sick of them at the moment. There isnt a journalist in Spain who won't shut up about them. :D

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did David Silva not just sign a new deal aswell? I'm sure Sir Alex was after him in the summer?

I've never been a fan of Barcelona but I love to watch them play.

Although Guardiola, Luis Enrique and Bakero were three of my favourite players when I was younger.

I'll lay my cards on the table on this one TMW - I think Huntelaar is an incredible player.

His overall game is probably underrated by those who don't see him a lot, but he links play well and has brutal upper body strength given his frame.

Add to the fact that his goals to games ratio (against the 'better' teams as well) is just jaw-dropping, Real are on to a winner here.

Now, if only they had a decent manager............:anguish:

Hopefully buddy, hopefully.

I must admit that i kinda lost track of him after he ended up at Ajax. I seen him in the flesh when Rangers played them in a pre season friendly last year. His movement was simply stunning and he'd have probably put 5 past us if it wasnt for our then king's phenomenal reading of the game.

Also, i caught Ajax's 2-2 September draw with Feyenoord at the De Kuip and again he impressed. The improvement he's made from his Heerenveen days is astounding. He stood there tall and physical, leading the line with the captains armband.

I'll lay my cards on the table on this one TMW - I think Huntelaar is an incredible player.

His overall game is probably underrated by those who don't see him a lot, but he links play well and has brutal upper body strength given his frame.

Add to the fact that his goals to games ratio (against the 'better' teams as well) is just jaw-dropping, Real are on to a winner here.

Now, if only they had a decent manager............:anguish:

Hopefully buddy, hopefully.

I must admit that i kinda lost track of him after he ended up at Ajax. I seen him in the flesh when Rangers played them in a pre season friendly last year. His movement was simply stunning and he'd have probably put 5 past us if it wasnt for our then king's phenomenal reading of the game.

Also, i caught Ajax's 2-2 September draw with Feyenoord at the De Kuip and again he impressed. The improvement he's made from his Heerenveen days is astounding. He stood there tall and physical, leading the line with the captains armband.

I remember we were very interested in signing him from 'the pride of Friesland' (worst nickname ever btw :lol:) when McLeish was in charge.

Oh, what could have been!

Did David Silva not just sign a new deal aswell? I'm sure Sir Alex was after him in the summer?

Although Guardiola, Luis Enrique and Bakero were three of my favourite players when I was younger.

Yeah mate, he's contracted to the Mestalla until 2013 IIRC. As you well know though, these things are worthless when someone flashes the cash.

Ahh, Bakero, now there's a name from the past. One of the first players to join the Cruyff revolution. I watched a dvd the other month there actually on their 93/94 squad. The likes of Bakero, Pep, Koeman, Amor, Nadal, Romario and Stoichkov all made for some seriously pretty football.

Yeah mate, he's contracted to the Mestalla until 2013 IIRC. As you well know though, these things are worthless when someone flashes the cash.

Ahh, Bakero, now there's a name from the past. One of the first players to join the Cruyff revolution. I watched a dvd the other month there actually on their 93/94 squad. The likes of Bakero, Pep, Koeman, Amor, Nadal, Romario and Stoichkov all made for some seriously pretty football.

Koeman :bouncy:

You knew he was going to score about 95% of his freekicks within 20 yards.

Lets stick in a cheeky £2million bid for Villa if Valencia are fucked...

Sad thing is, they'll be desperate to offload players like Moretti and Pablo Hernandez. Sure, they aint David Villa, but they're a damn sight better than what we currently have. We just wouldn't be interested though.

Lets stick in a cheeky £2million bid for Villa if Valencia are fucked...

Sad thing is, they'll be desperate to offload players like Moretti and Pablo Hernandez. Sure, they aint David Villa, but they're a damn sight better than what we currently have. We just wouldn't be interested though.

Zigic even? Hugo Viana?

Zigic would be an absolute dream, but he has his heart set on a move to the EPL. He rejected loan moves to both Galatasaray and Santander in the summer.

Viana isnt worth the hassel to be honest. A move to the SPL is the last thing he needs.

Valencia are really struggling now. There's been loads of reports concerning their finances coming out tonight.

They're basically relying on the Spanish Bancaja bank to save them. They need to obtain around €50M by the 1st of January.

Let the January fire sale ensue..

I am quite sure Man City would be willing to spend that on David Villa....

Amazing signing for Real. Klaas Jan is my favourite striker in the world right now; I honestly don't think there's better as far as out-and-out forwards go.

David Villa will be off to Man City, no doubt. They'll pay 60mil and Valencia will get out of their debt fine.

The fall out from the Michel saga began today. Michel was the youth director at Madrid who resigned the other day, claiming that Calderon just didnt care about the youth system. Due to the popularity that he has with the Madridista's, Calderon had no option but to reply pragmatically; saying that the door will always be open for him.

Personally, i respect Michel as a player, but he was absolutely horrible at his job. Apart from letting the likes of Juan Mata get away, the likes of De La Red and Javi Garcia had to move clubs to really develop. Oh, and then there's the fact he got the Castilla relegated from the 2nd tier of the Spanish league.

As a side, Timo Hildebrand was released by Valencia tonight. Shame, he's a nice guy but he was never going to displace the superb Renan.

Hildebrands attitude was in question too, training bust ups with canizares, who was also forced out, didnt help, there are stacks of german teams willing to take him, I would even have taken him at Rangers if we had to sell Mcgregor

Hildebrands attitude was in question too, training bust ups with canizares, who was also forced out, didnt help, there are stacks of german teams willing to take him, I would even have taken him at Rangers if we had to sell Mcgregor

The apparent Canizares bust up was denied by both players. He just never looked settled at all at Valencia and he really struggled to put together any sort of form.

My bet is that he'll end up at Wolfsburg or maybe even Spurs.

I still see Hildebrand as a case of what could have been.

When he first broke through at Stuttgart he was absolutely incredible, but his career just seems to have come to a stand still in the past few years.

A move to Spurs wouldn't be the worst move for him considering that Redknapp is one of the best man managers around.

I still see Hildebrand as a case of what could have been.

When he first broke through at Stuttgart he was absolutely incredible, but his career just seems to have come to a stand still in the past few years.

A move to Spurs wouldn't be the worst move for him considering that Redknapp is one of the best man managers around.

Yeah, even though he was poor for the most part last year, he actually did look like the Hildebrand of old in the Copa del Rey, especially in the latter stages. He'd have faired much better in Spain if Koeman eased him in, but that was not to be due to his relationship Canizares.

I don't doubt his class either, i remember he had that incredible record of going nearly 900 minutes without conceding at Stuttgart. He's just in a rut and Redknapp could be the man to get him out of it.

Klinsmann didn't do him any favours either with that ridiculous "royal rumble" selction policy between himself, Kahn and Lehmann before the 2006 World Cup. Every move was scrutanized and it was enough to mentally drain any keeper.

Am i right in saying he played against us with Stuttgart?

I thought he was unbelievable that season, set for the top

Still think he can get there

He played against us in 2003 (tu)

That was when he was smack bang in the middle of that run where he didn't let a goal in domestically for 900 odd minutes.

Villareal 3 nil down at home to Getafe. 2nd Half looks like they're gonna throw everything forward.

ha ha what a comedic goal villareal just got there, been coming though.