Artur Boruc The Evidence

delbhoy1

I have no problem with someone blessing themselves, but he knows full-well it will make people kick off Del.

I know he does it before every game he plays, which is fine with me, but an OF game, its not helpful, to what is already a charged atmosphere.

For OF games he could just do it in the dressing room or when coming out of the tunnel and on to the pitch.

Now this is showing what is really goin on at Ibrox ...No???

If the man can bless himself in every game he has played in different parts of the world yet he gets told it will incite riots etc if he does it at Ibrox????

FFS TB, the Pointer etc used to bless themselves at Snake Mountain and nothing was ever said

Is it me or will I just blame my education or what

For OF games he could just do it in the dressing room or when coming out of the tunnel and on to the pitch.

If the man can bless himself in every game he has played in different parts of the world yet he gets told it will incite riots etc if he does it at Ibrox????

FFS TB, the Pointer etc used to bless themselves at Snake Mountain and nothing was ever said

No because what other player runs onto the pitch and crosses themselves right infront of the opposition fans after already been done for it?

perhaps if all kids went to the same school it would help things. <_<

Aye we are starting to take your kind in oue educational facilities now

our kind are the greatest people in the world, and dont worry we will educate you in what happens in the real world. :D

He didnt cross himself before the game had started and you knew when he came on for the 2nd half he was gonna do it hes done it at parkhead aswell ran over to Rangers supporters and faced them doin it then and then he was caught the last time at ibrox crossin himself, we dnt have a problem with it doin it before they come on the park but turnin round to face Rangers fans to do it is wot annoys them. After all if Macgregor turned round and done the flute to you lot you lot wouldnt b happy so it works both ways

After reading that poorly constructed sentence, full of spelling mistakes and bad grammar, I'm glad I went to the school I did!

There is nothing wrong with him crossing himself, but he doesnt need to face the rangers fans and grin at them while he does it.

Make no mistake about it he knows he is winding people up.

I would agree that it shouldnt wind people up, but the way he does it is inciteful, it doesnt matter what gesture he is actually making but he is making a gesture to the crowd in the full knowledge it will incite them, this is why he faced and was found guilty of criminal charges.

If he wishes to cross himself he should to it to himself and not make such a grand gesture in the face of others

i would just like to say that RFC 72. jake. blueben. and badger have hit the nail on the head.nobody has a problem with boruc crossing himself,its because he turns to the rangers fans then does it because he knows he will get a reaction.

And we need to add that the police probe into him on the last occaision was NOT because he "Blessed" himself but because of the w**ker gesture he made towards the Gers fans - i was there and thats what got the Fans upset.

But as for the last match, he made no such gesture - just blessed himself, and i care not about that. He is free do do that if he wishes

If Boruc blesses himself I've no problem with it.

However, I am unconvinced that he had pure intentions when blessing himself infront of our support. Especially given the upcry last time about it. Sad reflection on some of our support I know but I believe Boruc did it to get a reaction from the crowd, which is irresponsible at best.

There isn't a gesture to symbolise Protestantism in the same way blessing symbolises Catholicism, however if such a gesture did exist, and one of our players turned to the Celtic support and made it, I would happily wager that more than a few morons would react to it. Maybe not as bad a reaction as our support would give to Boruc, but there would still be a reaction.

Good post (tu)

This has to settle this argument

He didnt cross himself before the game had started

He blessed himself at the start of both halves mate, always has always will and always facing the goal

This is getting boring. Gers players have blessed themselves too. So what. Boruc just needed to do it a little less conspicuously. It really should not matter anyway.

In an OF game WGS should have pointed this out to him, but he did not.

IMO there is blame on both sides. Boruc for being a little stupid and insensitive and RFC supporters for being upset at such a gesture anyway.

Its really much ado about nothing.

:rolleyes: