Robert Fleck

bringonthbarca

He was a very good player and part of the Durranty, Derek Ferguson, Coisty gang who I am pretty sure Souness was jealous of, and couldn't really control. They were all good players and something told me at that time he used them to exploit his authority. Fleck and Ferguson went, he gave McCoist a hard time. And Durrant suffered that horrendous assault, Souness to some extent at fault for that injury he wound the game up to high do' and I thought he should have played himself but no he threw Durrant in. Also that prick Boersma, Souness's sidekick carried Durrant off like a sack of potatoes instead of gettin a stretcher, I 'm sure that made the injury worse ! :sherlock:

He was a very good player and part of the Durranty, Derek Ferguson, Coisty gang who I am pretty sure Souness was jealous of, and couldn't really control. They were all good players and something told me at that time he used them to exploit his authority. Fleck and Ferguson went, he gave McCoist a hard time. And Durrant suffered that horrendous assault, Souness to some extent at fault for that injury he wound the game up to high do' and I thought he should have played himself but no he threw Durrant in. Also that prick Boersma, Souness's sidekick carried Durrant off like a sack of potatoes instead of gettin a stretcher, I 'm sure that made the injury worse ! :sherlock:

A bit hard on Souness surely? Souness did all he could to keep Ferguson on the straight and narrow, to the extent that he took him to stay at his house in an attempt to make him behave like a professional footballer and try to save his career.

A bit hard on Souness surely? Souness did all he could to keep Ferguson on the straight and narrow, to the extent that he took him to stay at his house in an attempt to make him behave like a professional footballer and try to save his career.

Don't get me wrong I would have Souness back at Ibrox in some capacity but at the time I think he saw them as the up and coming players and he was at the end of his playing career and a bit of the green eyed monster came in, best of it was he was no hard man in his early career he ran home from Spurs homesick when he was young so a bit of understanding wouldn't have gone amiss, I don't think Ferguson needed wetnursed by going to stay with Souness, he needed treated like a man and thrown in at the deep end giving him more responsibility on the park. Probably Fergusons career would have been oh so different if this was the road taken. Anyways no point in crying over spilt milk, gettin back on topic, Fleck was still a good player and he should have been kept. :sherlock:

Decent player, hard worker, never scored enough of his chances.

Certainly better than MacDonald, Dalzeil, Williamson and Urquhart. Mind you, ma dug was better than Urquhart.

Christ on a bike! Billy Urquart! remember him running out against cologne at Ibrox in the european cup in 79.He was absolute pish!

Certainly better than MacDonald, Dalzeil, Williamson and Urquhart. Mind you, ma dug was better than Urquhart.

Christ on a bike! Billy Urquart! remember him running out against cologne at Ibrox in the european cup in 79.He was absolute pish!

Aye, thrown into a European Quarter-Final just weeks after being a Highland League player. I've seen Billy Urquhart score overhead kicks from 25 yards mate (albeit at a lower level), so he wasn't all that pish.

Hounded out of Ibrox before he got the chance to prove himself, not that i'm saying he'd have been anything special, but harshly remembered is a term i'd use. Still a good bluenose too.

Fleck was a great wee player, he gave a good scoring return and scored some important goals. I think he only played one full season under souness, and left at during the beggining of the following season if i remember correctly. Saying that, Kevin Drinkell was a good replacement for him, better player too, but id have still liked to see him stay.

Aye, thrown into a European Quarter-Final just weeks after being a Highland League player. I've seen Billy Urquhart score overhead kicks from 25 yards mate (albeit at a lower level), so he wasn't all that pish.

Hounded out of Ibrox before he got the chance to prove himself, not that i'm saying he'd have been anything special, but harshly remembered is a term i'd use. Still a good bluenose too.

I was only 7 at the time WVB. It's not you is it? ha ha ha. At least he got to put on the blue jersey i suppose. I would have whacked my granny to wear it and still would even though i would be the fattest bear since big DJ to wear the jersey.Nae offence big man! come on chelsea!

I was only 7 at the time WVB. It's not you is it? ha ha ha. At least he got to put on the blue jersey i suppose. I would have whacked my granny to wear it and still would even though i would be the fattest bear since big DJ to wear the jersey.Nae offence big man! come on chelsea!

Fleck was a great wee player, he gave a good scoring return and scored some important goals. I think he only played one full season under souness, and left at during the beggining of the following season if i remember correctly. Saying that, Kevin Drinkell was a good replacement for him, better player too, but id have still liked to see him stay.

Remember playing for essex and going into clubhouse at middlesex aftewards and listening to the whole millwall crowd sing you scotch cunt on the telly as flecky put the winner in the top corner .3-2 for norwich. He could have been superb for us. Part of the Ibrox 4. Souness couldn't wait to fuck him off. I hated souness.

No me, but I'd have been the best 10 year old striker Rangers ever had mate. :pipe: