new article on hartley

Deej

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=153292007

JAMBOS: Hearts duo face exit

not play at Ibrox as the club had begun negotiating their transfer. That prompted Hartley to storm out of the Hearts team hotel around 11.30am and return to his Lanarkshire home, and Ivanauskas is now resigned to losing his vice-captain.

"He might have played his last game for us," said the Lithuanian. "There are two days until Wednesday but my feeling is that Paul will change club. I think it would be good for him to move clubs because he is 30 and this would be his last big contract."

Aston Villa and Blackburn are monitoring Hartley's situation closely. Rangers are also interested in taking the Scotland internationalist to Ibrox in a deal which could be worth around ?1.3million to Hearts.

Gordon, having been told on Saturday morning that the discussions on his future did not involve Fulham, travelled with the Hearts party to Ibrox and watched from the main stand as his colleagues secured a 0-0 draw.

It was later suggested that a groin injury had a bearing on his absence, but Gordon said today: "The reality is that, as with Paul, I was told I wouldn't be playing because the club was in discussions with a view to my transfer. It's nothing to do with a groin injury and they haven't told me who they are speaking with."

Ivanauskas added: "It's difficult to say if Craig will still be here [after Wednesday] because he has interest from a lot of clubs. It is not my decision. Pedro [Lopez] and Alexander [Koslovski] are both working on it."

Gordon has only recently changed his agent and is now represented by the London-based Andrew Evans. "Top clubs Europe-wide are a possible destination for Craig," said Evans.