Buffel Granted Permission

Muff

1.4 mill for Buffel 19,000 quid in wages saved

1.4 mill for Clement (could be more) 17,000 quid in wages saved

1 mill for nando 23,000 quid in wages saved

J rod was on smoething like 19,000 not to sure on that one.

so he has AT LEAST 3.8 million to spend this jan.

Yeah we saved around ?1.4 million on Rodriguez.

Might find most of the savings will be paid out on wages for Weir and Ehiogu who was on 35k a week at Boro.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might find most of the savings will be paid out on wages for Weir and Ehiogu who was on 35k a week at Boro.

Yeh, and signing on fees as well could be looking at a couple of hundred grand a piece with Weir and Ugo

We won't be paying anywhere near that.

Middlesborough payed off part of his contract to allow him to take the drop in wages, the same way we did with Marv, Fan-Fan, etc.

I would be surprised if we were paying more than 15K or 16K.

I think we have been a little premature in letting Buffel go. We have not yet brought in a midfielder or striker in yet but we have already let Clement go and now Buffel. SDM or Walter better hope they get the players they want in on time because if they don't then we could be left with only 5 or 6 natural midfielders which is worrying.

Looks like Gow won't be coming until the summer so i think it is now time that SDM get his finger out and start offering respectable amounts of money for players otherwise we will get nobody.

I think we have been a little premature in letting Buffel go. We have not yet brought in a midfielder or striker in yet but we have already let Clement go and now Buffel.

Buffel is neither a striker or a midfielder so no great loss. He simply doesn't fit anywhere in a standard 4-4-2.

Well looks like he's a goner. We better sign at least two players now before this window shuts as we will need back up.

Sad really, he is the only one left at the club that?s got a good bit of skill. Shame he never put it on show every game.

Never played enough games so what can you expect. We might as well sell Murray Park and the chairmans car the way things are going and be done with it.

Buffel will be a great player in a team that is willing to play him off a main striker or in behind the front 2. He will never fit into Rangers 4-4-2 formation so on balance I think we're better to cash in on him and find someone that will.

In the right team he will be a great player but Rangers cannot change their entire game to suit one player.

Buffel will be a great player in a team that is willing to play him off a main striker or in behind the front 2. He will never fit into Rangers 4-4-2 formation so on balance I think we're better to cash in on him and find someone that will.

In the right team he will be a great player but Rangers cannot change their entire game to suit one player.

Here Here.

Buffel is neither a striker or a midfielder so no great loss. He simply doesn't fit anywhere in a standard 4-4-2.

Don't agree. He is a player who can change things from the bench and at the very least he is good cover. The way our squad is now, all it takes is one injury in midfeild and we are really down to the bare bones. That is my problem with letting him go before we have brought someone in. Now we are walking a tightrope hoping that we get the players we want. That simply shouldn't be happening imo.

Don't agree. He is a player who can change things from the bench and at the very least he is good cover. The way our squad is now, all it takes is one injury in midfeild and we are really down to the bare bones. That is my problem with letting him go before we have brought someone in. Now we are walking a tightrope hoping that we get the players we want. That simply shouldn't be happening imo.

Spot on BITC! We should have our players signed before letting Buffel and Clement go. They should have been told OK BUT only if/when we get replacements.

:rolleyes:

Spot on BITC! We should have our players signed before letting Buffel and Clement go. They should have been told OK BUT only if/when we get replacements.

Is Buffel gone yet?? :huh:

How do you know we haven't?

Walter Smith has a habit of pulling the proverbial rabbit out the hat when it comes to players signing out of the blue. Then again he may be considering promoting one of the youth players. It worked for Moyes ;)

Walter Smith has a habit of pulling the proverbial rabbit out the hat when it comes to players signing out of the blue. Then again he may be considering promoting one of the youth players. It worked for Moyes

Because there would have been something said about it if we did. We wouldn't hide the fact that a player had signed. And plus the fact that we haven't made any serious bid for any player yet. You could be right about the youth players. They deserve their chance but i still feel that our squad is too small to be letting players go without first having secured replacements.

Walter Smith has a habit of pulling the proverbial rabbit out the hat when it comes to players signing out of the blue. Then again he may be considering promoting one of the youth players. It worked for Moyes

Because there would have been something said about it if we did. We wouldn't hide the fact that a player had signed. And plus the fact that we haven't made any serious bid for any player yet. You could be right about the youth players. They deserve their chance but i still feel that our squad is too small to be letting players go without first having secured replacements.

The agreements may have been made with just the registration to be done. Lets face it until a player is paraded we have no clue who has signed. It is not outwith the realms of possibility that bids for a couple of players have been accepted and contract negotiation is ongoing. They are under no contract to tell the supporters if that is the case.

The agreements may have been made with just the registration to be done. Lets face it until a player is paraded we have no clue who has signed. It is not outwith the realms of possibility that bids for a couple of players have been accepted and contract negotiation is ongoing. They are under no contract to tell the supporters if that is the case.

Fair enough mate. We will just have to wait and see. I really hope that you are right. (tu)

Rangers have confirmed that Belgian midfielder Thomas Buffel has been given the green light to open talks with Hannover.

The Bundesliga side first revealed on Saturday that they were hoping to tie up a deal for the player who cost The Gers ?2.3million when joining from Feyenoord in 2005.

AZ Alkmaar had also been keen on bringing the 25-year-old back to Holland but a flying visit from Hannover's sporting director Christian Hochstatter appears to have been enough for the German side to clinch a deal.

Hannover will now have to agree personal terms with Buffel in order to sign the Belgian before the end of the transfer window on Wednesday night.

New Rangers boss Walter Smith was believed to be reluctant to sanction any more midfield departures after losing Jeremy Clement to Paris Saint Germain, but the SPL side are believed to be in pole position to recruit Paul Hartley from Hearts

Sky Sport