MOBILE PHONE UNLOCKING

Ibroxin83

Does anyone have the know how or means to do this or even any links to somewhere i can get this done. I am getting a new phone tommorrow and wish to get it unlocked so i can switch to different netorks when i go abroad.

Does anyone have the know how or means to do this or even any links to somewhere i can get this done. I am getting a new phone tommorrow and wish to get it unlocked so i can switch to different netorks when i go abroad.

i am in the exact same position mate i am getting a new phone tommorow and need an unlocking code to change network.

somebody help.

I got a phone unlocked today.

I think it depends on the make of ur phone. Mine was a Sony and the websites I found say there is no free way of getting this done. I took it to a shop in Motherwell today and got it done for a tenner.

If you have a Nokia phone then I know a site where you can get it for free. Never used it tho so dont know what its like.

Sauchiehall Centre, there is a wee guy there who does it. Depending on your plan, though, it may be cheaper to just use your current provider if they have an overseas partner. Orange has great coverage here in Alberta through Rogers Wireless.

Guest TheQueensXI
Ohhhhhhh the barras are better..

(willy)

the barras has many wee places that do it. there used to be a couple of asian guys who done it just outside the door of my stall, but they seem to have disappeared recently. i will have a bit of a sniff about and find out for you. what kind of phone is it?

some phones can be unlocked using codes, some creative googling will help ;)

but some need equipment to unlock them - most newer phones fall under this category. and some cannot be unlocked - yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Wee point; mobile phone unlocking is not as convenient as it once was.

Take the DC3 (I think) phones from Nokia, like the 6230 etc - easily unlocked by connecting to your PC with a USB cable and using a wee software program to unlock.

Now the new N and E lines of Nokias CANNOT be unlocked without paying Nokia themselves about £30 to send a special unlocking text message to your phone (or something like that) - any store who claims to be able to unlock these phones would HAVE to use that same method - and charge you even more because of the lavour.

Other phones are also haphazard to unlock - it's hit and miss, but there are plenty of websites for it.