The UEFA Cup 3

ibleedblue

According to the Sunday Mail, we can only register 3 players in addition to our squad for the UEFA Cup.

if this is correct which three should we pick?

assuming we sign Thomson and another player, brown, hartley or mcculloch

that would be at least 5 players

Webster (probably not him as he won't make the tel-aviv games)

Weir?

Ehiogu?

Thomson?

Hartley/Brown/McCulloch?

i think he'll probably register Weir and Ehiogu but i'm not sure who else

Would the Hibees boys (assuming we sign either) not be cup-tied in Europe?? :unsure: Did they not have Inter-toto games?

Dont think they count...but maybe im wrong

I'm not sure if they count either :unsure:

i dont think the inter toto counts unless they qualified from it. i think its only if they have played on the uefa cup then they are cup tied

I think the rules are we are allowed to replace 3 players and use any of the freed slots from players sales to add extra players to ensure we still have 25 players available to play

I think the rules are we are allowed to replace 3 players and use any of the freed slots from players sales to add extra players to ensure we still have 25 players available to play

so we should be able to enough spaces for the hibee and the other guys (tu)

15.17 For all matches from the start of the round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2007 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

15.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club competition matches for another comepeting club in the current season may exceptionally be registered provided that the player has not been fielded:

- in the same competition for another club

- for another club that is currently in the same competition

Furthermore if the player's new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current season.