bleep test

Deej

has anyone ever done one? ive got one at 8 i need to get to level 9.10 when i first joined up i got to 13.6 i was pretty fit back then, last time i done it i got to 9.10 then stopped, i was pretty tired lol. i think i could get to about 11.5 but i dont have to so i wont lol. i was getting really fit a while ago then just stopped footy and training so its gone downhill a bit lol

has anyone ever done one? ive got one at 8 i need to get to level 9.10 when i first joined up i got to 13.6 i was pretty fit back then, last time i done it i got to 9.10 then stopped, i was pretty tired lol. i think i could get to about 11.5 but i dont have to so i wont lol. i was getting really fit a while ago then just stopped footy and training so its gone downhill a bit lol

what is it?

what is it?

its a fitness test you need to do annualy in the services, its like shuttle runs and keeps getting faster and faster it gets pretty hard after a while. i think the police one is only 7 or 8 to pass

what is it?

its a fitness test you need to do annualy in the services, its like shuttle runs and keeps getting faster and faster it gets pretty hard after a while. i think the police one is only 7 or 8 to pass

Haven't done one but would like to, be interesting to see how fit i am.

what is it?

Thats a joke, im not fit but i still got to level 7 a couple of months ago.

Will be doing it more often in the new year want to get up past double figures at least.

im actually fitter than i thaught, i got to level 11 pretty easy i could have went on but i decided to stop cos we play football between 8 and 9 and i didnt want them to be held up and i wanted to play too :D

what is it?

Haven't done one but would like to, be interesting to see how fit i am.

yeah it is good to see how fit you are, if i could i would do them a lot and try my hardest and see how much i can improve over the month :D

I hated bleep tests!  Really couldn't see the point of them, had the same feeling about BFTs and CFTs though!  :ph43r:

:huh: Yeah I hate BLT's. I'm more of a chicken or turkey man and i hate tomatoes!

:lol:

BFT was the basic fitness test, 1.5 miles as a squad then 1.5 miles at your best time, depending on age you had 10 min 30 sec to complete on the solo run.

CFT was Combat Fitness Test, 8 miles carrying 35lb in weight and your rifle in 2 hours, this varied as did the weight depending on which regiment you were with at the time.

I'm sure that's all changed now though!

I remember this from school! I hated it, just like most stuff in PE.

My aim was always just not to be the first person out. Quite often as soon as someone dropped out I would just drop out straight away at the next beep.

It would always end up with the same person going alone at the end. The teacher stopped it after one guy had been running on his own for about 10 minutes after everyone else.

He was the same guy who got 6 minutes 40 for our cross-country track whilst I only broke 10 minutes one! :lol:

My aim was always just not to be the first person out. Quite often as soon as someone dropped out I would just drop out straight away at the next beep.

It would always end up with the same person going alone at the end. The teacher stopped it after one guy had been running on his own for about 10 minutes after everyone else.

He was the same guy who got 6 minutes 40 for our cross-country track whilst I only broke 10 minutes one! :lol:

:lol: class, 6.40 is fast as fook like eh? he must have been a fast wee bassa to get that.

I hated bleep tests!? Really couldn't see the point of them, had the same feeling about BFTs and CFTs though!? :ph43r:

:huh: Yeah I hate BLT's. I'm more of a chicken or turkey man and i hate tomatoes!

BFT was the basic fitness test, 1.5 miles as a squad then 1.5 miles at your best time, depending on age you had 10 min 30 sec to complete on the solo run.

CFT was Combat Fitness Test, 8 miles carrying 35lb in weight and your rifle in 2 hours, this varied as did the weight depending on which regiment you were with at the time.

It has all changed now....but they are bringing it back. It will be called OFT - Operational Fitness Test and should be hitting us in about a year.

Lots of rumours as to what it actually entails, but on the trials, there was loads of lifting etc involved :o and 72% of people involved failed!

Incidentally - the format of the new tests is in the hands of the lawyers - something to do with going against Health & Safety, and Manual Handling Guidelines....

who knows?

I hated bleep tests!? Really couldn't see the point of them, had the same feeling about BFTs and CFTs though!? :ph43r:

It has all changed now....but they are bringing it back. It will be called OFT - Operational Fitness Test and should be hitting us in about a year.

Lots of rumours as to what it actually entails, but on the trials, there was loads of lifting etc involved :o and 72% of people involved failed!

Incidentally - the format of the new tests is in the hands of the lawyers - something to do with going against Health & Safety, and Manual Handling Guidelines....

who knows?

<pbag> God the bloody lawyers involved in this, why doesn't that surprise me!

Just around the time I was leaving they started something to do with lifting but couldn't remember what it was.

Sod that! When doing cross country at school used to start then when got into the woods start walking and taking a wee shorcut across the woods, throw some water on myself and kid on it was sweat! :D

I remember this from school!  I hated it, just like most stuff in PE.

My aim was always just not to be the first person out.  Quite often as soon as someone dropped out I would just drop out straight away at the next beep.

It would always end up with the same person going alone at the end.  The teacher stopped it after one guy had been running on his own for about 10 minutes after everyone else.

Sod that! When doing cross country at school used to start then when got into the woods start walking and taking a wee shorcut across the woods, throw some water on myself and kid on it was sweat! :D

:lol: class :D

I do them for football too. I find it much easier to do well when you are up against other people to keep a pace.

yeah it sure is, i was the last one left and felt a bit of a cock to keep on goin plus i wanted to play football lol