Strathclyde Police to Double the Amount of Officers at Old Firm Game

contacts

Just shows though, if everyone stuck togther and gave it lalday then there would be not a hope in hell of the police arresting anyone.

Even if 40,000 people are singing it, they can still just arrest the closest person to them.

Which is what it sounds like they are going to do.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect our support to roll over & have its belly tickled by the Strathclyde pigs, whilst the tims recieve an award for singing about killing protestants/soldiers, and call us h***/orange bastards.

And Briton will applaude SDM.

Just shows though, if everyone stuck togther and gave it lalday then there would be not a hope in hell of the police arresting anyone.

Even if 40,000 people are singing it, they can still just arrest the closest person to them.

Which is what it sounds like they are going to do.

...not if everyone links arms and resists. They can't send in 40.000 cops. Also, wear hats and scarves to avoid prosecution by CCTV.

Finally, insist you were singing different worlds, such as "The farming is over. Why don't you go lone?" which will sound just the same to timmy.

Oh, and complain about IRA songs, "hun" and "orange b"!

I fully expect our support to roll over & have its belly tickled by the Strathclyde pigs, whilst the tims recieve an award for singing about killing protestants/soldiers, and call us h***/orange bastards.

And Briton will applaude SDM.

Seems to be the way of it, could be a lot of arrests for pishing in the street then ! :sherlock:

Strathclyde Police have taken the decision to double the amount of officers that they will have attending the Old Firm game at Ibrox on the 27th December. The agenda they have been set is to tackle all forms of sectarianism but in particular the 'famine song'. Anyone caught on camera or in person singing this song will be arrested.

Again Rangers fans are being persecuted and singled out by the powers that be in Scotland.

This information is FACT and I am sharing it with fellow bears so that they are aware of the plans that Strathclyde Police have for the Old Firm game.

As everybody else has said, this is getting totally ridiculous now.

The famine song is not sectarian (as the term is normally applied in the WOS) in any way, there's no point in elaborating on why it isn't, it simply isn't. If this information is true, then this is a new unprecedented level of scrutiny put on an individual support. Everybody knows the song will be belted out by thousands on the 27th and tackling this particular song head-on is a surprising move which ups the stakes to an altogether new level. The sellik-minded MOPES have made this happen, make no mistake about it.

If the polis start wading in mob-handed there will undoubetdly be flash-points. I don't even want to think about what's going to happen in fact.

I would love to see the whole of Ibrox belting it out, see what they do then.

The whole of Ibrox SHOULD be belting it out on the 27th. Would be very disapointed with our support if we didn't.

I agree 100%.

It will be an act of cowardice and surrender by our support if they do not sing this songs.

Remember there is nothing sectarian or racist in the lyrics sung at games.

Not singing it will appease the MOPEs and meet their agenda.

The whole of Ibrox SHOULD be belting it out on the 27th. Would be very disapointed with our support if we didn't.

I agree 100%.

It will be an act of cowardice and surrender by our support if they do not sing this songs.

Too many in our support are willing to do this.

Strathclyde Police have taken the decision to double the amount of officers that they will have attending the Old Firm game at Ibrox on the 27th December. The agenda they have been set is to tackle all forms of sectarianism but in particular the 'famine song'. Anyone caught on camera or in person singing this song will be arrested.

Again Rangers fans are being persecuted and singled out by the powers that be in Scotland.

This information is FACT and I am sharing it with fellow bears so that they are aware of the plans that Strathclyde Police have for the Old Firm game.

... and this is fact ??? ... seems stupid to me - while I dont credit the cops with much sense there is NO way they would be stupid enough to do this during the tinderkeg of an old firm game - so I have serious suspicions on this 'fact'? any source ?

I'd say a lot of people are also at risk walking to the game when you hear a lot of stuff etc, if there's extra polis they will be out and about beforehand too.

Maybe the 12:30 KO will keep some people relatively sober which might help them stay safe.

... and this is fact ??? ... seems stupid to me - while I dont credit the cops with much sense there is NO way they would be stupid enough to do this during the tinderkeg of an old firm game - so I have serious suspicions on this 'fact'? any source ?

If Contacts says it is fact, then that's good enough for me. He hasn't got that username by chance. He knows a lot of people, and wouldn't post that information if he wasn't 100% certain of it, I'm sure.

I agree 100%.

That is my point.

This issue should be a line in the sand for our club and our support.

You cannot blame individuals when there is a risk of the consequences affecting your livelihood and your family's welfare.

Too often the majority of our fans couldn't give a toss unless something happens to them or someone they know.

Until we all stand united no progress will ever be made to stop this persecution.

40,000 should sing this song next Saturday and if any individual is arrested then the other 39,999 should back them to the hilt.

If that individual is then banned from Ibrox the other 39,999 should tell Murray, Bain etc where to go and should challenge them to ban every one of the 40,000 singing.

If a fellow fan is arrested/banned for doing something that thousands of others also done then they are quite simply hypocrites and cowards if they do not stand up for that individual and defend their right to support our club.

I agree 100%.

That is my point.

You cannot blame individuals when there is a risk of the consequences affecting your livelihood and your family's welfare.

Too often the majority of our fans couldn't give a toss unless something happens to them or someone they know.

Until we all stand united no progress will ever be made to stop this persecution.

40,000 should sing this song next Saturday and if any individual is arrested then the other 39,999 should back them to the hilt.

If that individual is then banned from Ibrox the other 39,999 should tell Murray, Bain etc where to go and should challenge them to ban every one of the 40,000 singing.

If a fellow fan is arrested/banned for doing something that thousands of others also done then they are quite simply hypocrites and cowards if they do not stand up for that individual and defend their right to support our club.

(tu) In an ideal world this would be the case mate.

I'm with everyone one this. The Septic fan's can't get away with singing about the glorification of terrorism while we are persecuted for what is, simply speaking, just a piss take.

Go on lads get the Govern, Copeland and Main stands rocking.

P.S. The real issue here is the alienation of anybody pro-Ulster and pro-British. The level of political levy that Celtic have developed over the years is a point of great concern.

I agree 100%.

That is my point.

(tu) In an ideal world this would be the case mate.

There is no reason why this can't happen.

Of course not everyone will sing and not all of those who sing will stick up for fellow fans in this way but I see no reason why the majority should not think/act in this manner.

It is time that our support changed from being 'every man for themself (or their mates)' to being 'all for one and one for all'

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word h**.

Do you have 1 single shred of evidence to support this? Perhaps a report from a newspaper stating that any celtc supporter was arrested/charged etc?

No?