Strathclyde Police to Double the Amount of Officers at Old Firm Game

contacts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anecdotal evidence from there supporters groups only. People ejected for saying the word h** and scarves with h** confiscated and thrown in the bins at the door

Thanks. I do remember there was some sort of threat in August but nothing much really seemed to happen.

As an aside, the H word hasn't quite disappeared yet it seems - not at the piggery and not any other ground from what i've heard (not that you were saying it had mind you...)

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word h**.

Do you have 1 single shred of evidence to support this? Perhaps a report from a newspaper stating that any celtc supporter was arrested/charged etc?

No?

Anecdotal evidence from there supporters groups only. People ejected for saying the word h** and scarves with h** confiscated and thrown in the bins at the door

So no evidence at all then.

I remember this fact before the game at the piggery in August...result was not one arrest for singing this song but a clampdown on the use of the word h**.

Do you have 1 single shred of evidence to support this? Perhaps a report from a newspaper stating that any celtc supporter was arrested/charged etc?

No?

What evidence would have satisfied you ?

Were they lying on there own MB's to fool passers by......

No?

What evidence would have satisfied you ? Anything substantiated by a neutral observer.

Were they lying on there own MB's to fool passers by...... Would that shock you?

No?

What evidence would have satisfied you ? Anything substantiated by a neutral observer.

Were they lying on there own MB's to fool passers by...... Would that shock you?

A neutral observer going into the celtic end at an old firm game, i am sure a lot of those would have been about....

What advantage would it be to them to pretend they were given hassle like this. Believe it, don't believe it.... ho hum.......

I don't believe it.

Also, you'd have been better to wait a wee while before you started muddying the water. Having 12 posts is not a crime, but if you're defending ra sellik it may be construed otherwise.

I don't believe it.

Also, you'd have been better to wait a wee while before you started muddying the water. Having 12 posts is not a crime, but if you're defending ra sellik it may be construed otherwise.

Where am i defending celtic ?

I am merely telling you that before the last old firm game we were told the same thing leaked through a MB and the RST by the Club and nothing happened to the fans singing. The rest isn't defending celtic as it was the police that was taking the action.

You've read the words of some slavering tims & taken it as gospel. I would simply point out that there is no evidence to back up your/their claims. There is undoubtably an agenda against Rangers, and this is fuelled by those who hate us. Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting there is even-handed treatment on both sides.

I would point to the reception Rangers recieved in Manchester ('03 & '08) compared to the welcome given to the scum when they travel down for their republican scumfests. You'd have thought it was Rangers fans who cheered the Warrington bombers.

Don't underestimate timmys capability to manipulate the press.

You've read the words of some slavering tims & taken it as gospel. I would simply point out that there is no evidence to back up your/their claims. There is undoubtably an agenda against Rangers, and this is fuelled by those who hate us. Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting there is even-handed treatment on both sides.

Where have i suggested that ?

You are very good at reading things i haven't said instead of the things i have. I think it's my intelligence that is being insulted here.

Sing the song with hands cupped over your mouth, they won't be able to video you that way.

Make sure there are no (uniformed) coppers within earshot and if one of us gets arrested then the next bloke to you should start singing and they will have to follow suit. Sort of an Ibrox "I'm Spartacus!"

I'm sure there aren't enough police vehicles to accommodate 40,000 people

What are the chances that this rumour has been spread on purpose, in a bid to scare the fans into remaining silent? I don't doubt contacts' contacts, but it could easily be fed out for that reason.

I believe that's what they are hoping but whether the Rangers fans take heed or not the Polis will be rubbing their grubby little hands at this.

All that OT earning extra spondulas and the chance to act like a totalitarian Nazi thug.

Welcome to the best wee country in the world.

What are the chances that this rumour has been spread on purpose, in a bid to scare the fans into remaining silent? I don't doubt contacts' contacts, but it could easily be fed out for that reason.

I believe that's what they are hoping but whether the Rangers fans take heed or not the Polis will be rubbing their grubby little hands at this.

All that OT earning extra spondulas and the chance to act like a totalitarian Nazi thug.

Sad but true Jim :(

trouble is Jim, they will only follow whatever directives they are given, so the buck stops at the top and somewhere along the line it will be some t*ig politician.

The time has scarce gone by boys

Three hundred years ago

When Rebels on old Derry's Walls

Their faces dare not show

When James and all his rebel band

Came up to Bishops Gate

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We caused them to retreat.

Chorus.

Then fight and don't surrender

But come when duty calls,

With heart and hand and sword and shield

We'll guard old Derry's Walls.

The blood it did flow in crimson streams

Through many a winter's night

They knew the Lord was on their side

To help them in the fight

They only stood upon the walls

Determined for to fight,

To fight and gain the victory

And hoist the Crimson high;

NO SURRDENDER lads. Stand your ground.

I send my condolences to all Protestants in Scotland at a time when our religion is under attack as never before and when our civil liberties are again being challenged by undemocratic foes.

Time for the sleeping giant to wake up and say no more to the constant drip drip drip of attacks.

Where have i suggested that ?

here?

and you backed it up here...

That suggests(to me) that you believe there is something being done at the piggery. I simply don't believe it. If you choose to believe them then you are insulting your own intelligence.