***The Official Inverness CT v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised by the amount of people that have Fergie in there stating 11

Doesn't matter what we all think. He could have been out for months, not even 50% fit and he'd still walk back in, under perform and just get in everyone's road - ohh shit, that's already happened.

Hopefully he picks up the flu and is bedded for a few weeks. Then again, he'd probably still start.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that have Fergie in there stating 11

Doesn't matter what we all think. He could have been out for months, not even 50% fit and he'd still walk back in, under perform and just get in everyone's road - ohh shit, that's already happened.

Hopefully he picks up the flu and is bedded for a few weeks. Then again, he'd probably still start.

Walter Smith would pick Barry Ferguson short of him being dead.

I thought Smith said that even Ferguson was not guaranteed a place if he did not perform?

Either he lied or he actually thinks Ferguson is playing well and doing his part for the team?

Mendes was going off one on Saturday, he was getting lectured by the referee and still back chatting whilst having a go at Brown. Where the fcuk was our captain, infact where were any of our players telling Mendes to calm down and not get involved?

The lack of leadership on the pitch is a disgrace, Barry Ferguson is a terrible captain and his performances are simply not good enough. I'm still waiting for him to shut me up, just like he said a few weeks ago.

My team would be:

:mcgregor

:whittaker::mcculloch::weir::papac:

:edu:

:davis::mendes:

:aaron:

:boyd::miller:

I doubt we'll ever see Bougherra again, and I really don't trust Broadfoot.

:spacer: :spacer: :alexander: :spacer: :spacer:

:spacer::broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:spacer: :spacer: :edu: :spacer: :spacer:

:spacer::mendes::spacer: :davis::spacer:

:spacer::spacer: :aaron::spacer::spacer:

:spacer::boyd::spacer: :miller:

SUBS

:fleck: :lafferty: :novo: :velicka:

________________________McGregor

Broadfoot________Bougherra________Edu_________Papac

_________Davis________Ferguson_____Mendes

_________Miller_________Lafferty______Fleck

Edu at centre back :anguish:

This chestnut again!

Can't bring myself to care about this match.

I agree....But we all have to!

Its hard losing a game to our biggest rivals but hey life goes on eh.

I think we should put out a totally fresh team with some youth in it.

Such as..:

:mcgregor:

:edu: :bougherra: :broadfoot: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :aaron:

:boyd: :miller:

Good post!

This would shake things up and would be interesting to watch.

Such as..:

Good post!

Cheers mate...

I think if we tried Edu at RB he may flourish...he seems to be quite raw and looks very strong and i think he could do a job out there!

Against a pishy inverness team it would be worth a shot i think!

Such as..:

Good post!

Cheers mate...

I think if we tried Edu at RB he may flourish...he seems to be quite raw and looks very strong and i think he could do a job out there!

Against a pishy inverness team it would be worth a shot i think!

Not judged good enough in his own position so let's try him at right back? Why not play Lafferty there using the same reasoning?

Or just play McMillan who does the job in the reserves.

Why is the game at 12.30? I know early kick-offs on Saturdays are at this time but the game is on a Sunday!!

Its always the same in the winter. We get Inverness or Aberdeen, or both, always away and normally early or late!! Never a nice 3pm kick off

Setanta's decision i bet!!

Edu ahead of McMillan at RB?

Maurice Edu is a defensive/box-to-box midfielder - not a CB or RB. Why would you play him out of position when we have a player who is a natural RB?

Just because Edu played at CB for the national team on a few occasions does not mean we should play him there. He was a liability when he played there aswell.

We moan at Walter for playing players out of position, then we suggest doing it ourselves. I don't understand that?

We moan at Walter for playing players out of position, then we suggest doing it ourselves. I don't understand that?

Depends on the individual and circumstances.

I don't know enough about Edu to comment with any authority. All I knew when he signed was that he can play in the holding role or at centre back. If that's wrong, and centre back really is alien to him......fair enough.

Broadfoot signed as a centre back. He was forced to play at right back after Hutton left and developed into a decent option there at SPL level. We need a new right back, but I don't mind him being there for SPL games in the short term. I'd hate to see him play at centre back again though, despite that being his natural position.

For me, besides Bougherra, there is no good option at centre back. If Edu doesn't play there, it's David Weir forcing our back 4 to sit 10 yards deeper than they might be without him or Dailly coming in. Nothing appeals. Edu, at SPL level at least, might just do ok there besides Bougherra. Two guys with reasonable pace at centre back appeals to me, and I wouldn't mind seeing it in our cup tie at least.

Edu isn't going to get a game in midfield, the manager won't drop any of the current trio. And when Thomson returns, he's further down the pecking order again. At the moment, unless we gamble him at centre back he's looking like an expensive waste of space to me.

i hope we never see shittaker in a rangers shirt again. £2m and hes shocking. I dont think broadfoot is great but hes a better crosser of the ball and he gets back into position quicker and hes a better defender as well. Get bougerra back at cb and broadfoot at rb.