We're ssshhh and we know we are

disgruntled_bear

IT IS the silence of the damned.

The eerie quiet that descends when everything is going wrong and no one can put it right.

Too few voices can be heard demanding possession of the ball. Too many stay quiet and disappear just when they’re needed most.

On a day when Rangers needed to be loud and proud, they went down with barely a whimper.

In an Old Firm derby where they needed to bellow their championship intent, they fell silent.

The only sound heard inside Ibrox by full-time were the raucous cheers of ecstatic Celtic fans.

But Lee McCulloch reckons the quiet realisation that the SPL title is again drifting away from Gers must make them rediscover their voices.

He said: “We are going to need big characters now and there are a lot of personalities in that dressing room.

“We need everybody pulling together. I don’t think that will be a problem but the ones who are loud need to get louder and the ones who are not so loud need to stand up as well.

“We all need to put an extra yard onto our game. It’s going to be tough but everybody needs to give that extra yard.”

Not one of the 13 players used by Rangers boss Walter Smith stepped out to speak to the media after the game.

After being so quiet on the park, it’s not surprising they also lost their voices at the end.

But McCulloch, an unused sub, emerged to speak on behalf of his shattered team-mates and insisted they can still win the title.

He added: “I don’t think it’s impossible for us to come back. Celtic did it to us last season.

“We won’t stop fighting and we will be back on the training ground on Monday, working hard for it and believing we can get the points back.

“I think we have to look at going unbeaten for the rest of the season. We are a good enough team to do it.

“Some fans might have chucked it now but certainly in the dressing room, we haven’t. We still believe we can put a run together and get it back. Anything is possible and we will keep believing.”

McCulloch played a key role as Gers came within 180 minutes of a quadruple last term.

They crashed out of Europe at the first hurdle this season and are now toiling to stay in touch in the title race.

But the former Scotland star denies they’ve gone backwards since the high of reaching the UEFA Cup Final.

He said: “I don’t think we’ve gone backwards. I don’t know if we are a better team than last year yet as the season’s not over.

“Maybe we are more pleasing on the eye. I think we’ve progressed with the signings we’ve made. They’ve been quality and it is all about clicking and gelling together.”

Some of Smith’s signings are coming under the microscope more than ever, but McCulloch jumped to the defence of the most expensive buy — £3.25million star Kyle Lafferty.

He didn’t threaten after replacing Charlie Adam but McCulloch added: “He’s quality. He’s got pace, everything and maybe if he believes in himself a little bit more he’ll go to the top.”

Meanwhile, McCulloch is desperate for a recall against Caley Thistle this weekend.

He said: “You want to play in the big games and I did in most of them last season.

“I’m working hard every day and hopefully I’ll get the chance sooner or later.”

And McCulloch says he doesn’t want to be part of a big-money January clear-out at Rangers.

He’s been linked with a return to the Premier League with Stoke City but said: “I don’t know about that. We’ll wait and see what happens but I want to stay here.

“I want a few more medals and to be part of putting a run together and winning the league.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2075481.ece

The eerie quiet that descends when everything is going wrong and no one can put it right.

Too few voices can be heard demanding possession of the ball. Too many stay quiet and disappear just when they’re needed most.

On a day when Rangers needed to be loud and proud, they went down with barely a whimper.

In an Old Firm derby where they needed to bellow their championship intent, they fell silent.

The only sound heard inside Ibrox by full-time were the raucous cheers of ecstatic Celtic fans.

But Lee McCulloch reckons the quiet realisation that the SPL title is again drifting away from Gers must make them rediscover their voices.

He said: “We are going to need big characters now and there are a lot of personalities in that dressing room.

“We need everybody pulling together. I don’t think that will be a problem but the ones who are loud need to get louder and the ones who are not so loud need to stand up as well.

“We all need to put an extra yard onto our game. It’s going to be tough but everybody needs to give that extra yard.”

Not one of the 13 players used by Rangers boss Walter Smith stepped out to speak to the media after the game.

After being so quiet on the park, it’s not surprising they also lost their voices at the end.

But McCulloch, an unused sub, emerged to speak on behalf of his shattered team-mates and insisted they can still win the title.

He added: “I don’t think it’s impossible for us to come back. Celtic did it to us last season.

“We won’t stop fighting and we will be back on the training ground on Monday, working hard for it and believing we can get the points back.

“I think we have to look at going unbeaten for the rest of the season. We are a good enough team to do it.

“Some fans might have chucked it now but certainly in the dressing room, we haven’t. We still believe we can put a run together and get it back. Anything is possible and we will keep believing.”

Advertisement

Click here

McCulloch played a key role as Gers came within 180 minutes of a quadruple last term.

They crashed out of Europe at the first hurdle this season and are now toiling to stay in touch in the title race.

But the former Scotland star denies they’ve gone backwards since the high of reaching the UEFA Cup Final.

He said: “I don’t think we’ve gone backwards. I don’t know if we are a better team than last year yet as the season’s not over.

“Maybe we are more pleasing on the eye. I think we’ve progressed with the signings we’ve made. They’ve been quality and it is all about clicking and gelling together.”

Some of Smith’s signings are coming under the microscope more than ever, but McCulloch jumped to the defence of the most expensive buy — £3.25million star Kyle Lafferty.

He didn’t threaten after replacing Charlie Adam but McCulloch added: “He’s quality. He’s got pace, everything and maybe if he believes in himself a little bit more he’ll go to the top.”

Meanwhile, McCulloch is desperate for a recall against Caley Thistle this weekend.

He said: “You want to play in the big games and I did in most of them last season.

And McCulloch says he doesn’t want to be part of a big-money January clear-out at Rangers.

He’s been linked with a return to the Premier League with Stoke City but said: “I don’t know about that. We’ll wait and see what happens but I want to stay here.

“I want a few more medals and to be part of putting a run together and winning the league.”

our players are all bullshiters.

Did anyone see Sammy Lee's interview after the Newcastle game today?

That's how I expect my management and players to talk - he said they never have any players who blow their own trumpets and say this and that. They just get their heads down, give their all and let the football do the talking.

That's how I expect my management and players to talk - he said they never have any players who blow their own trumpets and say this and that. They just get their heads down, give their all and let the football do the talking.

What about Joe Kinnear way with the press :lol:

I read upto the part it said Lee McCulloch.

It's always the same old pish from the shite players. Keep your trap shut Lee and try doing something on the pitch for a change. Lets hope Stoke come back for him in January.

I love listening to him babbling on and moaning. He a very entertaining Jim Jefferies.

I love listening to him babbling on and moaning. He a very entertaining Jim Jefferies.

His first interview when he got the Newcastle job was legendary :lol:

mculloch you are a fucking useless wanker of a waste of space and go fuck yourself ya piece of shit

good enough to go unbeaten,who you trying to kid on ya dirty bastard

He’s quality. He’s got pace, everything

that makes my blood boil :mad: