Is the internet to blame for the MOPE behaviour?

Dado

Back during the days of 9IAR people were not offended by anything we sang to them or vice versa, we didnt have access to as many sources online as we now enjoy.

Basically if you did find something objectionable you had to write a letter or complain to a policeman at the games, most people wont be bothered enough to do this.

But now when every source of output for your offended bus is only a click away then even people who dont give a fuck will join in to get one over on the other side.

They started it with their campaign to remove TBB and they have now set both clubs on a downward spiral, offended at the Hokey Cockey? I mean WTF?

If the Internet had not evolved so rapidly and forums were still a sleeping giant do you think all the MOPES would still be silent without their internet voice?

Its slowly draining all the life out of what used to be the greatest derby in the world.

Now it just seems like two children constantly running to the teacher.

Back during the days of 9IAR people were not offended by anything we sang to them or vice versa, we didnt have access to as many sources online as we now enjoy.

Basically if you did find something objectionable you had to write a letter or complain to a policeman at the games, most people wont be bothered enough to do this.

But now when every source of output for your offended bus is only a click away then even people who dont give a fuck will join in to get one over on the other side.

They started it with their campaign to remove TBB and they have now set both clubs on a downward spiral, offended at the Hokey Cockey? I mean WTF?

If the Internet had not evolved so rapidly and forums were still a sleeping giant do you think all the MOPES would still be silent without their internet voice?

Its slowly draining all the life out of what used to be the greatest derby in the world.

Now it just seems like two children constantly running to the teacher.

I think you are probably 100% right there. The last part is society in general these days sadly. No discipline, no respect, and, it starts at a young age.

What was the line in Dogma? "Whats the internet?" - "The internet is a place where kids go to moan and bitch about films"

Pretty accurate, and, thats what happens on football forums. People get offended when someone says, "you wouldnt say that in a pub" or something, then, cue the internet hardman comments, but, the simple fact is, no, you wouldnt. Chances are, if some people spoke to others the way they do online, they would get punched. Its not even a maybe. People can garner a certain amount of power from being anonymous, and, hidden behind a screen name and a keyboard. You can act in a way you wouldnt in reality, and get away with it. Maybe its more honest, but, maybe its also OTT

I think you are probably 100% right there. The last part is society in general these days sadly. No discipline, no respect, and, it starts at a young age.

What was the line in Dogma? "Whats the internet?" - "The internet is a place where kids go to moan and bitch about films"

Pretty accurate, and, thats what happens on football forums. People get offended when someone says, "you wouldnt say that in a pub" or something, then, cue the internet hardman comments, but, the simple fact is, no, you wouldnt. Chances are, if some people spoke to others the way they do online, they would get punched. Its not even a maybe. People can garner a certain amount of power from being anonymous, and, hidden behind a screen name and a keyboard. You can act in a way you wouldnt in reality, and get away with it. Maybe its more honest, but, maybe its also OTT

See thats what annoys me.

If you wouldnt say it in a pub for pear of being punched its because you know its wrong and you shouldnt speak to people like that in real life.

Some of the things people say on here to their own fans astounds me at times. You wouldnt do it in the pub, you would end up fighting every time if you did.

Its like people lose all respect when they sit behind a keyboard.

If you wouldnt say it in a pub for pear of being punched its because you know its wrong and you shouldnt speak to people like that in real life.

Some of the things people say on here to their own fans astounds me at times. You wouldnt do it in the pub, you would end up fighting every time if you did.

Totally, its doing my nut in lately. So much lack of respect for other bears, and, well, thats just wrong.

I am probably worse in a pub, because, in that situation, its easier to tell if someone is kidding or not

Totally, its doing my nut in lately. So much lack of respect for other bears, and, well, thats just wrong.

I am probably worse in a pub, because, in that situation, its easier to tell if someone is kidding or not