Linfield Goalkeeper Interesting 'Well

Amac9

Motherwell could bolster their goalkeeping options with Linfield's Alan Mannus a potential target.

The 26-year-old Northern Ireland international is available on a free transfer when his Linfield contract expires at the end of the season.

Graeme Smith, Well's first-choice goalkeeper, has yet to decide on his future beyond next summer.

And second-choice Gunnar Nielsen's loan spell from Blackburn Rovers is set to expire with the Fir Park club.

Motherwell may face competition from several Coca-Cola Championship clubs interested in Mannus.

Speaking in February, Mannus said he wanted to move to England or Scotland to further his career.

"For somebody in the Irish League, if they want to push for a place in the Northern Ireland squad, they have to be playing full-time football in England or Scotland," he said.

"If the opportunity comes up, I would definitely like to have a go."

Mannus earned his second Northern Ireland cap after coming on as a substitute against Bulgaria at Windsor Park in February.

Very good goalkeeper at Irish league level. Not too sure whether he can make that step up.

Will be a big loss to Linfield if he decides to leave.

To be honest I don't know all that many.

There was a player who played for us a few years back who came from Linfield, but I can't remember his name.

Years ago though, there was Terry Cochrane and my dad who went on to play for Middlesbrough after coming from Linfield.

post-10341-1230675342_thumb.jpg

To be honest I don't know all that many.

There was a player who played for us a few years back who came from Linfield, but I can't remember his name.

Years ago though, there was Terry Cochrane and my dad who went on to play for Middlesbrough after coming from Linfield.

Lee Fenney signed from Linfield