Rangers star in line for shock call at Inverness

disgruntled_bear

Guest Andypendek
To be fair, there aren't any direct quotes saying he will start against ICT. I think that he may well be involved in the squad, perhaps coming off the bench, but I honestly can't see him starting after so long out, and just 2 or 3 reserve/bounce games. I think the paper is jumping the gun with the fact that Walter may want to get him involved in games where possible, and he played left mid quite a bit last season.

Best reading of the situation imo (tu)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walter get a hold of yourself ffs. You have Aaron, Beasley and Novo who are all fit and have played LM this season. Do not rush Naismith, who has been inured for almost a year, back into the first team squad. Have you learned nothing with the McGregor and Ferguson scenarios? Pllayers need as muchs possible to recover.

You just know that every time Nasmith touches the ball on Sunday that useless thug Tokely will be diving in. He will be a target for the opposition and Tokely is the perfect player to put the lad right back on the injury list.

Please show some sense for once Walter.

Tokely is a good point actually, but, what do you think he would do to Aaron? We would see a "welcome to scottish football" scenario I reckon. Of those 3, I would play Novo, since he can handle himself

Well i'm not sure, by all accounts Aaron is a pretty sturdy winger who can take a few rough tackles. I suppose we could never say for sure though until he has played for more than 15 minutes in the first team.

I would be much less worried about Aaron playing aginst Tokely than Naismith at the present time. It just takes one late tackle and the lad could be out for another year, or worse.

i hope he doesnt play, he needs a few more reserve games imo and to chuck him back into a must win game when hes barely fit is crazy imo. I'm not convinced hes even that good on the wings, far rather have him playing as a striker but i suppose we have already tried one striker out on the left this season so why not another? Why the hell do we not play aaron though? He did well when he came on against hamilton even if they were well beaten at that time he showed more in 15mins than most players have shown all year. How can playing him from the start be any more of a risk that throwing a half fit steven naismith back into the team? I would feel more comfortable playing aaron than naismith, what happens if naisy breaks down within 15mins and is out for another couple of months?

I read this in the Daily Mail yesterday.

Was I the only one who thinks that Naismith has a huge neck now. It's wider than his head.

Looks like those hours in the gym are paying off.

i have met him a few times in the last couple of years at functions

he has gained a lot of muscle since his injury

he says he feels a lot stronger now