***The Official Linfield Thread***

Linfield

Linfield 0-0 Rosenborg BK - UEFA Champions League.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/matches/season=2011/round=2000115/match=2002431/postmatch/report/index.html

http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/indeks/221724/

If Blues manage to beat Rosenborg in Norway be guaranteed two more European matches - become seeded in the next round of the Champions League

Next Wednesday is a massive fixture.

I can't see us getting the result away to Rosenborg.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well.

Rosenborg outclass battling Linfield

Rade Prica and Markus Henriksen were on target as Rosenborg BK beat Linfield FC 2-0 to set up a mouth-watering third qualifying round tie with Swedish champions AIK.

Going into tonight's game Linfield striker Peter Thompson had spoken of the need for "a little bit of luck" and it all but deserted the visitors just after the half-hour when Brian McCaul, clean through, lost his balance at the key moment and fired wide. Within 60 seconds Prica's header put Rosenborg in front with the first goal of the tie and the Norwegian titleholders did not look back, Henriksen sealing victory three minutes from time.

The visitors were left wondering what might have been had McCaul managed to keep his composure after outstripping Kris Stadsgaard. The relief was tangible among the home support, swiftly turning to joy when Prica met Morten Moldskred's fine cross at the far post. In truth Rosenborg had been on top from the off, and should have been 2-0 up by the interval but Moldskred fired wide when it seemed easier to score.

Linfield rallied at the start of the second period, Thompson going close, but the home side were soon back in control. Alan Blayney twice denied Anthony Annan and Mikael Lustig's header was cleared off the goal line. Pressing for an equaliser, there was nothing anyone could do late on as Henriksen applied an emphatic finish to Trond Olsen's centre to set up a trip to Sweden next week.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/matches/season=2011/round=2000115/match=2002448/postmatch/report/index.html#rosenborg+outclass+linfield

• 2 weeks later...

First game of the season.

Linfield 0 - 0 Ballymena United

While Glentoran won 6-1 away to Lisburn Distillery.

That is pish to say the least.

:pipe:

Oh the Linfield are shite!

Usually get off to a slow start anyway and i'm pretty confident of a win on Saturday against Swifts.

pipeb.gif

Usually get off to a slow start anyway and i'm pretty confident of a win on Saturday against Swifts.

I know mate, I dont seriously believe that the league is won just because yous drew with Ballymena :lol:

In all honesty I would just be happy with the glens running linfield a lot closer, and keeping Cliftonville at bay (tu)

pipeb.gif

I know mate, I dont seriously believe that the league is won just because yous drew with Ballymena :lol:

In all honesty I would just be happy with the glens running linfield a lot closer, and keeping Cliftonville at bay (tu)

You a Glens man? :pipe:

pipeb.gif

I know mate, I dont seriously believe that the league is won just because yous drew with Ballymena laugh.gif

In all honesty I would just be happy with the glens running linfield a lot closer, and keeping Cliftonville at bay 00000042.gif

You a Glens man? pipeb.gif

Was born in East Belfast so keep an eye on how the Glens are doing, sometimes take in a game when Im back over there, but Im just a Rangers fan really :pipe:

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to 'Linfield' or is he now under the name "BelfastExile1873?"

No I am my own man :D

Just saw the vid browsing youtube and decided to stick it in here for anyone who was interested as there wasn't many pics of the work only a few on Skyscrapercity

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...