Gers put £7.5m price on McGregor, Tuffey in?

adamlafferty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£7.5m for an off form keeper with a dodgy knee? Yes please. Neil Alexander can step up again as Rangers No.1 and we could strengthen the team elsewhere i.e winger, CB and still sign an experienced goalkeeper as depute to Alexander.

Can possibly see Newcastle going for him if they sell Given, their fans will not accept selling him and replacing him with Harper.

£7.5m for an off form keeper with a dodgy knee? Yes please. Neil Alexander can step up again as Rangers No.1 and we could strengthen the team elsewhere i.e winger, CB and still sign an experienced goalkeeper as depute to Alexander.

Can possibly see Newcastle going for him if they sell Given, their fans will not accept selling him and replacing him with Harper.

it's about time Given left Newcastle.

They are absolutely murder & have been for years.

He should go to Villa

7.5 take it and run but would you trust Smith with the 7.5 million to spend <cr>

He won't get to spend it <_<

He got to spend the money from Cuellar, it's how we managed to afford Davies and Mendes, if we got this sort of money for McGregor we could easily afford Tonel and another centre back and have cash left over.

I'm guessing we'd sell for less than £7.5m. If anyone offered us £5m I'd be inclined to take it, punt Graeme Smith as well, bring in a couple of cheap keepers (there will be quite a few out there) and spend the rest of the money elsewhere on the team. But if our management want to hold on to McGregor for the long term, believing he'll get his top form back, then so be it.

Sell him for 7.5m, bring in Kameni for 4mil. Sorted.

Welcome to the site, who is Kameni?

One of the most highly rated keeperes in Europe.

Plays for Espanyol in SPaina nd would probably be outwith ojur reach.

We have too many more too many weak areas to go out and spend 4 million on a keeper.

We have too many more too many weak areas to go out and spend 4 million on a keeper.

It's nice to dream.

It's nice to dream.

That it is :(

Welcome to RM BTW.

It's nice to dream.

Welcome to RM BTW.

Cheers, I've been browsing for a while finding out about transfer rumours, etc, so decided to give some input.

It's nice to dream.

Welcome to RM BTW.

It sure is, if were talking about Keepers we would like to able to afford Guillermo Ochoa is one (tu)

Aye, Kameni is out of contract and June. He's been linked with PSG, Fulham, Newcastle, Lille and Galatasaray.

Good keeper although he's prone to the odd blunder or two. I actually rate Espanyol's back up keeper, Cristian Alvarez, higher.

Former Sporting Lisbon and current Serbia number 1, Vladimir Stojokovic, is a player i like.

Youngish, is an absolute beast at 6ft 5in and would be available for about £2M. A really solid keeper.

On the downside, he's a bit of a trouble maker. He's went through about 5 clubs in 5 years. He was dropped from the Sporting side when we faced them at Ibrox after complaining about Paoulo Bento. He also recently claimed to be 'the best keeper in the world who was just misunderstood'. :D

Certainly one worth keeping an eye on. A player who could prove to be a bargain for the club who takes a chance on him.

Alexander has shown great consistency when he has come in, but although MacGregor has had his blunders, he has also pulled off some saves that Alexander wouldn't have got near to. He's great as back up, as you know what you're going to get from him when he comes in, but in terms of pure ability, he is nowhere near MacGregor, in my opinion anyway.

However 7.5 million would be extremely hard to turn down, and Tuffey does look like he'll be an amazing keeper in a couple of years.

Although it's unlikely, if Alexander was made number one, does anyone think that Lee Robinson is ready to be our number 2 keeper. (I have absolutely no faith in Graeme Smith)