Barry Ferguson - all talk in here

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd allow him to leave for free - that's how much I want rid of him.

doh

Don't see what's wrong with that tbh?

He's finished, he's has a history with injuries, he's on big wages, he's holding us back, will turn 31 soon - surely just getting him out of Ibrox would be a good thing?

Or are you expecting a multi-million pound bid or want him to get a new contract?

Barry Ferguson wont buckle like Hutton did if he doesnt want to go, he will dig his heels.

He knows if he doesnt get sold then he is guranteed a game every week anyway, nothing is going to change.

The only question you should be asking yourself is does Ferguson want to go?

Im pretty sure you know the answer to that one.

Barry would NEVER go back down south. End of story

He is at rangers until he retires .

Given his relationship with Murray is tumultuous to say the least, i'd say he's left with pretty much no option but to leave if we accept an offer.

Even if he stays beyond January, i'd be astounded if he was given a new deal.

When Bryan Robson was getting past it, SAF told him his time was up, despite what a fantastic servant he'd been, and replaced him with a young lad called roy keane.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the best teams/managers know when players/squads are stagnating and past it and when to bring in new blood.

If we fail to sell Ferguson, which i have no doubt we will, then it will further enhance the amatuerish nature of the club.

You know what would be curious - we let Boumsong go, Hutton, Cuellar, seems like 'Magic' too.

Now what if Smith rejects the bid for Ferguson? And it's good money?

How exactly does that fit with him selling off our 'best players' for good sums of cash like he always does?

If he doesn't sell Barry, then clearly Ferguson does not operate on the same rules the rest of the club does.

It would officially show Barry Ferguson IS bigger than Rangers.

That's it in a nutshell.

I know you aren't Bougherra's biggest fan, and even i will now admit that he isnt even in the same league as Cuellar or even Boumsong. He is though, the best defender at the club by a canter.

Looking at it pragmatically, selling Ferguson would make so much more sense than selling Bougherra.

• Bougherra is younger and his stock will be just as high at the end of the season.
  • If we need to sell another asset in the Summer, Bougherra would be much, much easier to shift. If there are no takers for Bougherra down south, a move to Italy, France or Spain would be just as suitable for him. In Ferguson, you only have a handful of English clubs that would interest him.
  • Finally, i'd argue that Bougherra would be much harder to replace at the current time. We have ready made replacements in Davis and Edu for Ferguson, for Bougherra there is Broadfoot and Weir.
If Kinnear's enquiry is dismissed out of hand, then there's no doubt in my mind that there is something shady going on between Smith, McCoist and Ferguson.

When Barry was linked with moving away in the January of PLG's reign there were a few european teams that were interested in him apparently, zenit one of them, whilst I dont think they would come in for him, I think if Barry Ferguson was made available and there was time taking over the move, Some other teams could come in for him

I think the best reason for selling ferguson is that he is getting older and any kind of money a team is willing to offer us is an escape clause for us, get him sold

He's holding us back. We need new blood in the midfield. We did ok when we hammered Celtic 4-2 without him. He's our Henry at Arsenal and we should punt him.

He led us to a European cup final, but we were outplayed in every match on the way to it, which showed in the final.

He's holding us back. We need new blood in the midfield. We did ok when we hammered Celtic 4-2 without him. He's our Henry at Arsenal and we should punt him.

He led us to a European cup final, but we were outplayed in every match on the way to it, which showed in the final.

oh no we werent

oh no we werent

oh yes we were, but what he did give us was passion, something SOME of our current squad need

You know what would be curious - we let Boumsong go, Hutton, Cuellar, seems like 'Magic' too.

Now what if Smith rejects the bid for Ferguson? And it's good money?

How exactly does that fit with him selling off our 'best players' for good sums of cash like he always does?

If he doesn't sell Barry, then clearly Ferguson does not operate on the same rules the rest of the club does.

It would officially show Barry Ferguson IS bigger than Rangers.

That's it in a nutshell.

I know you aren't Bougherra's biggest fan, and even i will now admit that he isnt even in the same league as Cuellar or even Boumsong. He is though, the best defender at the club by a canter.

Looking at it pragmatically, selling Ferguson would make so much more sense than selling Bougherra.

• Bougherra is younger and his stock will be just as high at the end of the season.
  • If we need to sell another asset in the Summer, Bougherra would be much, much easier to shift. If there are no takers for Bougherra down south, a move to Italy, France or Spain would be just as suitable for him. In Ferguson, you only have a handful of English clubs that would interest him.
  • Finally, i'd argue that Bougherra would be much harder to replace at the current time. We have ready made replacements in Davis and Edu for Ferguson, for Bougherra there is Broadfoot and Weir.
If Kinnear's enquiry is dismissed out of hand, then there's no doubt in my mind that there is something shady going on between Smith, McCoist and Ferguson.

When Barry was linked with moving away in the January of PLG's reign there were a few european teams that were interested in him apparently, zenit one of them, whilst I dont think they would come in for him, I think if Barry Ferguson was made available and there was time taking over the move, Some other teams could come in for him

I think the best reason for selling ferguson is that he is getting older and any kind of money a team is willing to offer us is an escape clause for us, get him sold

Yeah, Zenit were interested, heavily interested.

However, Ferguson made it absolutely clear that he had no intention of moving to Russia. Everton or Villa would have apparently been his preferred destination.

I did hear early last year that Barry would be groomed for the management team. I can only imagine that would mean Wattie "upstairs", Ally boss and Barry assistant. What a fuckin scary scenario.

Very scary thought!!

Sorry if this has been posted already but, Joe Kinnear was on Radio 5 at lunchtime saying that the one player on his wish list was Barry Ferguson of Rangers.

Perhaps we could all club together to get him his fare down there!! Unfortunately I reckon there's no chance of Ferguson leaving, but, I live in hope.

FFS I can't belive almost everyone wants rid of Fergie. He might be struggling for form since returning from injury but he's played with it for so long it will take time to adjust.