Barry Ferguson

CooperSF

340 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or Go

• Stay
    • Go

Stay.......for now.

No way should we be selling him in January. For me, despite him being miles off the form he's capable of, he's still worthy of a starting slot at this time due to Thomson being out injured.

The only other option is Edu, but I have very little confidence that he's going to prove good enough from what I've read American fans say about him. Some fans might suggest Davis moving inside beside Mendes, and going for two wide men down both flanks.......but I hate that sort of system, just as I hated it under McLeish, and I don't want to go back to it......leaves us short in midfield.

Ferguson isn't performing well enough at the moment, but he's certainly not my biggest concern at this time. Our keeper and back 4 is a big concern. We haven't solved our left mid problem all season. And we're not getting the chemistry right up front at all, with the Miller-Boyd partnership a flawed one in my view, as was illustrated in the Old Firm game.

I'm willing to give Ferguson the second half of the season before deciding whether or not we should consider selling him or not. My gut feeling though ? With Thomson back fit in 6 months, I think we'll see Mendes sold this summer.......unfortunately :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay

although he hasn't been brilliant for a good while now.

we cannot aford to replace him and no doubt if he were to go results would not improve either and you'd all be moaning for his return.

we dont need to replace you simply but Davis who is better or Thommson who is better or even EDU could slot in, Ferguson is finshed the quicker he goes the better

Stay

we cannot aford to replace him and no doubt if he were to go results would not improve either and you'd all be moaning for his return.

we dont need to replace you simply but Davis who is better or Thommson who is better or even EDU could slot in, Ferguson is finshed the quicker he goes the better

Thomson is injured...and what if there was to be another injury

we need a squad not just a first 11 and ferguson is certainly good enough to still be involved to some extent

Stay

Thomson is injured...and what if there was to be another injury

we need a squad not just a first 11 and ferguson is certainly good enough to still be involved to some extent

ok I mis typed Thommo when he comes back, but Edu is there to, hopefully he goes to much negativty from him and his attitude is pish

Stay

Results couldn't get much worse - in the 11 games he's featured in since coming back, we've dropped 12 points.

In the 9 games we played without him, we dropped 5 points.

can't help noticing that since his return the team performances have gone down.....coincidence??

i'd say its more about thomson getting injured than bazza coming back to the dip in form, we miss him a lot! bazza's still a good player and is in there because of thomsons injury, otherwise he may not be in there, and walter wont give edu a chance. i think this criticism is unfair. he's still a good footballer. form is temporary class is permanent

I am fairly neutral about this. I really dont care either way. If he is not fully fit then we should give him time. If he IS fully fit then we need to sell him as he is not contributing much as a high earner.

So I have not voted either way.

he has been a great servant to the club but hes past his best and has been awful the past few weeks and did nothing against celtic. If we got a decent offer for him i would sell him asap, buy a right winger and move davis into the middle with mendes.

Ok get rid of Ferguson? Why? Is it because he is that bad a player?? Is it because we have so many superior options?? OR is it that so many of our fans expect miracles to happen when Mr Ferguson touches the ball? Honestly some fans are quite...well......fickle!!!

At least the guy cares about the club, unlike many of his waste of space team mates but it seems a club like ourselves try to offload players who have the club at heart i.e. Novo being pushed out the door, Hutton last season!!!

Ferguson is out of contract in June so....many of you might get your wish if you can hang on another 6 months and then we can bring in more guys who have proved true assets such as Edu, McCulloch, Lafferty! :craphead:

Ok get rid of Ferguson? Why? Is it because he is that bad a player?? Is it because we have so many superior options?? OR is it that so many of our fans expect miracles to happen when Mr Ferguson touches the ball? Honestly some fans are quite...well......fickle!!!

At least the guy cares about the club, unlike many of his waste of space team mates but it seems a club like ourselves try to offload players who have the club at heart i.e. Novo being pushed out the door, Hutton last season!!!

Ferguson is out of contract in June so....many of you might get your wish if you can hang on another 6 months and then we can bring in more guys who have proved true assets such as Edu, McCulloch, Lafferty! :craphead:

It's 2010 Barry Ferguson Contract runs out.

Alright Barry, easy now.

<cr>:rolleyes::rolleyes:<cr>:rolleyes::unsure:

Alright Barry, easy now.

He paid me good cash to say that!!!!! :harhar:

Barry might not be the player he used to be but so many need to go before him. I'd rather worry about filling the CB slots, the full back slots and getting a quality winger on the left before even thinking of getting rid of Ferguson. I'm choosing stay, for now anyway.

Alright Barry, easy now.

He paid me good cash to say that!!!!! :harhar:

Sounds like it. He's not out of contract until 2010....unfortunatley.