Barry Ferguson

CooperSF

340 members have voted

1. 1. Stay or Go

• Stay
    • Go

Would you like to see Captain Barry Ferguson stay with Rangers or should he leave?

ferguson should have got booted out after his part in the paul le guen sacking saga.

True.

Could have had a great team, look at us now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rangers:

get him tae fuck as i said on another thread we have hardly won a tackle far less points since he came back.so best he goes while he still has some reputation left.

wtf you on about. He's a true blue through and through. I hope we don't selly Barry.

Who else cares about the team like this guys does?

Ok so lets selll Barry and buy another forign tattie heed that's pure shite and doesnt give a fukc about gers...

I can't believe how many of you on here want him out.

He had better not leave!! <cr>

:rangers:

get him tae fuck as i said on another thread we have hardly won a tackle far less points since he came back.so best he goes while he still has some reputation left.

wtf you on about. He's a true blue through and through. I hope we don't selly Barry.

Who else cares about the team like this guys does?

Ok so lets selll Barry and buy another forign tattie heed that's pure shite and doesnt give a fukc about gers...

I can't believe how many of you on here want him out.

He had better not leave!! <cr>

two half decent passes in the o/f game since he came back.what else has he done last or this season fuck all get him tae fuck taking money under false pretences.

107 - hang you're head in shame, this man has nothing more to offer to our club. Yes thank you for the memories but we can't carry you any longer, so fortunate for you thommo got injured when he did.

Newcastle possibly will sign him ?

Newcastle boss Kinnear admits approach for Rangers ace Ferguson

04.01.09 | tribalfootball.com

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear has revealed he's made an approach to Rangers for midfielder Barry Ferguson.

"I have enquired about Ferguson, but we will wait and see what the outcome of that is,” said Kinnear.

"We are finding it difficult to bring certain players from clubs. Our bids haven't been accepted so far.

"The problem is two or three clubs are in for the same players. At the moment, there could be teams bidding more than us.

"It would help if I could move some of the players here and get the finances in that way. But we have had no bids for them."

Newcastle possibly will sign him ?

Newcastle boss Kinnear admits approach for Rangers ace Ferguson

04.01.09 | tribalfootball.com

Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear has revealed he's made an approach to Rangers for midfielder Barry Ferguson.

"I have enquired about Ferguson, but we will wait and see what the outcome of that is,” said Kinnear.

"We are finding it difficult to bring certain players from clubs. Our bids haven't been accepted so far.

"The problem is two or three clubs are in for the same players. At the moment, there could be teams bidding more than us.

"It would help if I could move some of the players here and get the finances in that way. But we have had no bids for them."

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=94134 (tu)

He's our Paul Mcstay. Very very over rated. I look at it this way. When he was out and we brought in Mendez we were playing the best football since DA. He comes back and it all falls down. Get rid of him because i believe he's a handbreak left on for our team. If he goes i think you'll get a more settled and better Rangers.

I didn't get to see the game today unfortunately, but John Robterson gave him Radio Scotland's man of the match award, and Billy Dodds agreed with him. Also heard a few fans agreeing or at least saying he played well today, even those that don't rate him that highly.

Whether he was the best player on the park is neither here nor there.......he obviously played well and showed that he's still capable of putting in a good level of performance. Now he needs to show that on a regular basis. He doesn't have to get back to his best, he probably never will now, but he needs to show more of what he gave today.

No debate for me though at the moment. With Thomson out, there is no question that he should be starting for us. The alternatives within the squad aren't good enough. When Thomson is back fit, should we sell him in the summer ? Perhaps, but as I said in a previous post, I'd rather judge that in 5 months time.

John Robertson and Billy Dodds must have been watching a totally different game. He didn't even have a good game bar a few interceptions and passes.

2nd half, that was his job mate (tu) did it well, and, it freed up Mendes, then Davis, to create and attack

I dont want him to go because I dont think we have the right kind of cover for him. With Thomson out for the season if Ferguson goes and something happens to Mendes or Davis were screwed. he still has a job to do for us but needs to drop back more and allow Mendes and Davis to attack.

If Thompson never got injured Ferguson wouldn't have been back in the First 11. I do agree that we should sell him, i think if we do we will see the best of Ped Mendes! What Will Smith do if Boyd and Fegie are sold? will he change the system? We have the Best 2 midfielders in Scotland with Medes and Davis.....So Ferguson will not be missed!!

i watched the game against Celtic at Parkhead and the Rangers midfield looked magnificent when Mendes ran the show with Steven Davis (who is a fantastic player i might add). they both have a great understanding of each others game and are very fast paced at moving the ball on probs because of their experiences in the Premiership. Kevin Thomson doing the grafting, winning the ball and playing passes just contributes to them, and he's no slouch going forward as well !

NOW !!!!!! Any game i have watched with the fit again Barry Ferguson the football is slower, the ball isnt moved on as fast and quite frankly they do not play good football. He hasnt been and never will be a penalty box midfieler ala a Frank Lampard. He doesnt have the ability cause he cant shoot !!!!

He's 30, his best days are well behind him, he might only be 30 but like a Michael Owen he's been playing solid since he's been 22, 8 years is a lot of football at top level.

He's in decline, i'd sell him as there is more than adequate replacements and cover. I am desperate to see Steven Davis get into his NATURAL position (something walter smith doesnt understand) and be the player Ferguson was in his prime.