David Healy

Ibroxblue

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4759739,00.html

David Healy's agent insists his client is not clamouring for a New Year departure from Sunderland.

The Black Cats striker has been strongly linked with a move to SPL giants Rangers.

He has failed to start a single Premier League game for the North East outfit since joining them from Fulham at the start of the season.

Reports had suggested that Gers boss Walter Smith was lining up the Northern Ireland international as a possible replacement for Kris Boyd, who is poised to join Birmingham.

However, Healy's representative Stephen Hughes claims there is no substance to those rumours.

"I have heard nothing. We are not engineering anything," he said.

"I spoke to Sunderland earlier this week and nothing was mentioned."

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_4759739,00.html

David Healy's agent insists his client is not clamouring for a New Year departure from Sunderland.

The Black Cats striker has been strongly linked with a move to SPL giants Rangers.

He has failed to start a single Premier League game for the North East outfit since joining them from Fulham at the start of the season.

Reports had suggested that Gers boss Walter Smith was lining up the Northern Ireland international as a possible replacement for Kris Boyd, who is poised to join Birmingham.

However, Healy's representative Stephen Hughes claims there is no substance to those rumours.

"I have heard nothing. We are not engineering anything," he said.

"I spoke to Sunderland earlier this week and nothing was mentioned."

Phew!!! :clap:

:lol:

Most of Healy's have come against Spain and Sweden, most of Boyd's have come against Hearts and Hibs :harhar:

It's funny how if we were linked to a player that had scored a hat trick against Spain, and goals against England, Sweden, Denmark, was the top scorer of all time for his country, held the record for most goals in a qualifying campaign etc you'd think we'd be ecstatic. But because its David Healy everyone is pissed off :lol:

It's funny how if we were linked to a player that had scored a hat trick against Spain, and goals against England, Sweden, Denmark, was the top scorer of all time for his country, held the record for most goals in a qualifying campaign etc you'd think we'd be ecstatic. But because its David Healy everyone is pissed off :lol:

Aye, and Kris can do no wrong in the eyes of some of his haters, now.

Funny old game...

;)(tu)

If his name was Healydinho folk would be interested.

To be fair, the majority who stick up for him are from Northern Ireland.

Any unbiased Northern Irishman will tell you that he's been finished for a while now.

Still, he scored a hat-trick against Spain a few years ago. Stern John has a delightful international record and he once got a hat-trick against Columbia, we should make it a double swoop.

:rangers: I am gutted that we are letting Boyd go and I am slighty alarmed that every player is up for Sale <cr>

Why are we in such a state, it's a fuckin disgrace in my opinion :angry2:

We are not a selling club!!! I agree we need to get rid of the hanger ons but Boyd and Barry don't come into that equation in my book.

We could be sellin the league for a measly 4 mill, I am certainly not conceeding the league but ffs why are we selling our top striker and probably the best striker in scotland at the moment :unionflag: WE ARE THE PEOPLE :unionflag: :rangers:

Any unbiased Northern Irishman will tell you that he's been finished for a while now.

Still, he scored a hat-trick against Spain a few years ago. Stern John has a delightful international record and he once got a hat-trick against Columbia, we should make it a double swoop.

I've been trying to look at this on the positive side, which is hard considering the state of the club now, but I think we can do alot worse than Healy. We all know his club record is average and his international record is fantastic, but he's the best of what we can get now unfortunately.

I really enjoyed watching him in the 2008 Qualifiers, and provided he gets decent service, he can score. I don't think whether he's playing for Sunderland or N.I. really changes that fact. Maybe you have watched more club games he's played in, because I admittedly have not. I would rather hinge my hopes on a guy with international pedigree like Healy than a mediocre SPL guy like Lee Miller.

Yep, fair enough on the first point.

Second one...have you heard someone who watches Northern Ireland regularly say this??? Certainly he's been off form in the past few internationals, undoubtedly due to lack of football as much as anything, but done??? At 29??? Crazy talk.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and trying as best I can to leave national bias aside, he would score a bagful in the SPL.

He was wasted when at he was Leeds by getting played on the wing I would hate to see it happen again. Also when Sanchez got the sack Hodgson never really gave Healy a chance and I have no idea why Sunderland signed him when they signed Cisse on loan, El Hadj Diouf from Bolton and already had Jones. If he is capable of scoring against the best defenders in the world, he is capable of scoring against defenders in the SPL. Also Worthington has told him that he needs to play or he will risk being dropped so therefore I wouldn't rule it out yet.