Wayne Bridge worth £12 million?

Dalrybear

I had a good old chuckle this morning while looking though the transfer speculation but one deal really caught my attention. Chelsea’s Wayne Bridge to Manchester City for £12 million.

Someone is having a laugh, right?

Has anyone noticed the world in crisis, people losing their houses, men and woman without work?

Bridge is undoubtedly a quality player but he lived on the bench at Chelsea.

Maybe it is like keeping a toy in its box? You buy it for say £7 million but keep it in its box and don’t play with it. Years later, it is worth say £12 million…

But I thought a player who couldn’t get into a team, lost value and prestige?

Manchester City have been linked with every top player across the globe in recent months but suddenly they have in their sights, Wayne “the sub” Bridge, Craig “I’ll be here for a season” Bellamy and Scott ”I can only live in London” Parker and all at prices you could buy a top class player for.

The England international is only 28 and still has lots to offer but £12 million? I’m sure I wasn’t the only one having a laugh, Chelsea are laughing all the way to the bank.

The Man City banker has messed up this time so if I were Chelsea, I too, would have bitten their hands off.

Deal Mr. Banker.

Have to say, i have always thought Bridge was twice the player Ashley Cole is.

Infact i'll say hes England's strongest left back, and has been for the last few years.

For whatever nonsical reason that he hasn't regularly been played i shall never know. 12mil is still a bit steep...

Mind you in a world where Jermaine Pennant is too good for Real Madrid :craphead:

Yeah Man City will be the new Chelsea in the transfer market but you would think they might have learnt from Chelsea's mistakes...one of whom is back at City.

Haha Pennant to Madrid haha....what a world we live in.

i think bridge is prettty average and cashely cole is a better LB, but at least until the summer they can't aim for higher, afterall they wont be playing CL until 2010 at the earliest, so attracting world-class players will be tougher than expected. but bridge will be able to do a job

To be fair Cole and Bridge are probably the 2 best left backs in England and 2 of the best in the world, Wayne Bridge is a superb signing for Man City!!!

I think Ashley is close to being the best in the world. There are people that agree and people who completely disagree.

Bridge is very good, but I wouldn't have expected £12m ~ That's good for Chelsea!

Bridge was undervalued disgracefully at Chelsea - they undermined him so bad as to sign an inferior player for 25M or whatever it was.

This is a great move for him - his wages are of course disgusting but hey - at least a player as good as him gets to play on a weekly basis now.

To be fair Cole and Bridge are probably the 2 best left backs in England and 2 of the best in the world, Wayne Bridge is a superb signing for Man City!!!

I think Ashley is close to being the best in the world. There are people that agree and people who completely disagree.

Best LBs?

Heinze, Evra, Jankulovski, Lahm, Abidal.

All a hell of a lot better than Cole.