Kris Boyd

Chef

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good all round strikers and score goals - Mbokani - less than Boyd, Hoarau - less than Boyd, Scott McDonald - better allround and scores goals!

You forgot the - Less than Boyd part after Mcfanny.

Who was the top SPL scorer last season, who's team won the league.....Scott McDonald/celtc!

Sorry mate, but id still rather a player with 90 goals in 121 games over that clown anyday.

well thats just daft then mate, h is a better striker than Boyd and sure has a better game to goal ratio

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

Compare Boyd to McDonald's goals.

Who's better at their job?

like a said am sure the goal to game ratio for boyd compared to mcdonals shows you who is better

McDonald was getting dogs abuse from Celtic fans when he wasn't scoring, like Boyd does with us. I think some people are using McDonald just to make a point against Boyd, in my opinion and in the opinion of many Celtic fans McDonald is not really all that good an all round player but a goal machine.

11 of his goals this season have been against Hamilton & Inverness.

Boyd is not a big game player. He can look like a superstar all he likes against the smaller teams but there's a reason he gets dropped for all the bigger games.

I love how people jump into the argument with trying to make it look like people are arguing he's the best player in the world.

What the debate is about, or what it started about was how even when he scores goals and wins us games, he's slated and not wanted.

Darcheville a class striker :blink: HUH??

Boyd does what is needed no more no less just scores and that is his job, it is the players around him that need to run about and pass etc

If we got rid of boyd where would the 20-30 goal a season man come from???

He also wasted many chances that a better striker could have created something with

Then again he creates goals from sod all that most strikers wouldn't do.

You sure about that? I can't think of many occasions when Boyd has scored goals from nothing.

Your problem (tu)

Good all round strikers and score goals - Mbokani - less than Boyd, Hoarau - less than Boyd, Scott McDonald - better allround and scores goals!

Who was the top SPL scorer last season, who's team won the league.....Scott McDonald/celtc!

Its funny that because if we played boyd more often against the poor teams that only he scores against that we dropped points against, maybe we would have won the league?

Exactly, instead we had these "class" strikers like Darcheville and Cousin who could hold the ball well, and pass it, run with it.

But yet they couldn't do the ONE thing that at the end of the season matters.

SCORE, and put a goal on the sheet.

Don't even know where to begin with that. Cousin and JCD both scores a number of goals, some of them vital to cup/european success.

Sorry mate, but id still rather a player with 90 goals in 121 games over that clown anyday.

well thats just daft then mate, h is a better striker than Boyd and sure has a better game to goal ratio

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

And that's where you are wrong - go and look at Kris Boyd's quotes from the other day!

A striker is not always about scoring - TMWWBK pointed that out to you the last time but you failed to understand as you won't hear a bad thing said about Boyd.

He also wasted many chances that a better striker could have created something with

Then again he creates goals from sod all that most strikers wouldn't do.

You sure about that? I can't think of many occasions when Boyd has scored goals from nothing.

Your problem (tu)

I think its your problem, because I can count them on 1 hand

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

And that's where you are wrong - go and look at Kris Boyd's quotes from the other day!

A striker is not always about scoring - TMWWBK pointed that out to you the last time but you failed to understand as you won't hear a bad thing said about Boyd.

Especially after he has just scored two goals. Okay i'd allow you to have a wee pop if he didn't hit the net today but he did. TWICE.

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

Shows how little you know about football if you really think a strikers only job on the park is to score goals

Boyd is not a big game player. He can look like a superstar all he likes against the smaller teams but there's a reason he gets dropped for all the bigger games.

I love how people jump into the argument with trying to make it look like people are arguing he's the best player in the world.

What the debate is about, or what it started about was how even when he scores goals and wins us games, he's slated and not wanted.

When he scores goals against smaller sides he scores goals but in the bigger games he's nowhere to be seen.

Another thing, it's amazing how Boyd wins us all these games himself without any help.

Some amount of fannies on here by the way!

Lets face it we are not exactly a great side at the moment, mediocure players, no strength in depth etc, etc

Boyd is never going be pele or van basten, but his goals are keeping us in this title hunt.

"but he cant score against celtic" so wit, we need to score goals in all the other fuckin games to win leagus and cups.

If he goes we will miss his goals and fall further behind and everyone will be greeting saying "why did we sell boyd he was the top scorer his strike rate was great etc etc"

20 odd goals in half a season aint bad.

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

Especially after he has just scored two goals. Okay i'd allow you to have a wee pop if he didn't hit the net today but he did. TWICE.

And the other 18 times this season.

Its funny that because if we played boyd more often against the poor teams that only he scores against that we dropped points against, maybe we would have won the league?

Exactly, instead we had these "class" strikers like Darcheville and Cousin who could hold the ball well, and pass it, run with it.

Don't even know where to begin with that. Cousin and JCD both scores a number of goals, some of them vital to cup/european success.

Who's goals won both cups that we won last year?

Then again they played in vital matches against hibs, motherwell and aberdeen, 3 important away ties that had we won, we would have won the league, instead, we lost 1 and drew 2, with the mighty cousin missing the best chance of all against motherwell one on one

Whats a strikers job?

SCORE.

Shows how little you know about football if you really think a strikers only job on the park is to score goals

We can appreciate that. Boyd is a 500k striker, not a 30m striker as i've already stated in this thread.

If boyd has the pace of Henry, hold up play of Drogba, skill of Ronaldinho, agility of Messi then he wouldn't have cost 500k and he wouldn't be in the SPL he would be at Barca or Man Utd.

Considering what we paid for him he has been brilliant. 1 goal ever 1.3 games is amazing.

Who's goals won both cups that we won last year?

I forgot that Kris Boyd single handedly won both cups last season.

1 vs 11, he was amazing those days..... Best player on the planet by a mile(tu)

Now your just acting like a child. Cbeebies forum for you sir.

Difference of opinion, personally a striker is there to put the ball in the net mainly, not totally, mainly.

It's what Boyd does.

TMWWBK did point out some rubbish about "Goals don't win games" doh yes, i remember it, what a load of shite.

I think what you and others debating against me here don't understand is exactly the bolded bit, i won't hear anything bad said about Boyd?

No no, i think you'll find me saying in the last few threads about him not playing great today apart from the goals.

What annoys me is when people want him dropped, or sold, when he is our top goal scorer and wins us the games with the goals.

When he scores goals against smaller sides he scores goals but in the bigger games he's nowhere to be seen.

Another thing, it's amazing how Boyd wins us all these games himself without any help.

Repeating myself but who gives a toss how small these sides are? Consistantly beating the small sides will win the title, we play Celtic 4 times and while its nice to win them those games don't decide the league. Europe is another matter but we've gone too long without a title to really think about europe all that much, right now its a bonus except when we get beaten by Kaunas of course. <_<