Ferguson

He was 1 of the worst players on the park....

I didn't get to see the game today, but I'm amazed by that comment. Robertson and Dodds on Radio Scotland both gave him man of the match, and I've heard other fans saying he played well.

Even if he wasn't the best player on the park, I'm shocked that your reading of his performance could be so drastically different that you'd label him one of the worst ! <cr>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to see the game today, but I'm amazed by that comment. Robertson and Dodds on Radio Scotland both gave him man of the match, and I've heard other fans saying he played well.

Even if he wasn't the best player on the park, I'm shocked that your reading of his performance could be so drastically different that you'd label him one of the worst ! <cr>

There are some who watch Ferguson all game hoping he makes a mistake mate.

Played in his natural role holding midfield.Our man of the match in the 2nd half.Good to see flashes that he can still be what he was for us.Would have liked some of the younger boys to get a run out today rather than whittaker.

:craphead:

Davis was poor in the 1st half but in the 2nd half he ran the show in his natural position of Centre midfield, YES WALTER CENTRE OF MIDFIELD!! 2 assists, bundle of energy and has been a superb signing

Nacho Novo, Pedro Mendes and Steven Davis were all head and shoulders above Barry Ferguson is midfield today.

How can Barry be man of the match, when his 3 partners in midfield were better than him?

Who gave him Man of the match? Derek Ferguson? or was it his mum?

I get it now.....it is the Timmy style of telling everyone one of our players is really really good and is always MOTM, and then another team picks up on it and puts in a silly bid to buy him.

I am assuming all who thought Barry was MOTM today, or even played well, are being brainwashed by Bain to try to get the price up.

Good work, you nearly had me there.

Sky Sports reporting that other Premiership managers are now interested in him in light of Newcastles approach. (tu)

PS - He wasnt the worst player today but how anyone arrived at him being MOTM is beyond me. (tu)

What worries me is the fact a number of EPL managers would have been watching the game today and Mendes and Davis may have caught their eye. They are younger and better than BF and probably valued the same as him. We need to build our team around these two and I hope they stay for years to come.

Ferguson had a solid game today, MayboleLoyal has it spot on some people watch hoping he makes a mistake, miserable bastards.

What a truely ridiculous thing to say!

I don't want any Rangers player to make a mistake, I want them to perform to the best of their ability everytime they pull on the top - that's never going to happen. I'd love the Ferguson of 6 years ago, sadly that is never going to happen. He's been poor for far too long now - some people gave him MOTM today, that's just stupid!

People may feel I over-react, I don't see that myself but some need to take their Barry Ferguson glasses off.

No Rangers fan wants to see their players fail/make mistakes - ever!

Ferguson had a solid game today, MayboleLoyal has it spot on some people watch hoping he makes a mistake, miserable bastards.

I don't want any Rangers player to make a mistake, I want them to perform to the best of their ability everytime they pull on the top - that's never going to happen. I'd love the Ferguson of 6 years ago, sadly that is never going to happen. He's been poor for far too long now - some people gave him MOTM today, that's just stupid!

People may feel I over-react, I don't see that myself but some need to take their Barry Ferguson glasses off.

At the game today the amount of times I heard when ferguson fucked up a pass or something people saying "aw fuck off to newcastle" yet when someone like Novo made a pass I did not hear one person say "aw fuck off to Deportivo". Some people (not saying you Muff) just seem to be waiting on him making a mistake so they can come down on him.

You do over react a tad mate :P

Nah, I dont agree, people seem eager to jump on certain players, Barry, Boyd, Adam, McCulloch, Broadfoot

For example

Captain Passback can get himself to feck

Criticism where criticism's due but the abuse Ferguson gets on here is way out of line IMO.

He definitely wasn't MOTM yesterday but neither was he one of our worst players.

Nah, I dont agree, people seem eager to jump on certain players, Barry, Boyd, Adam, McCulloch, Broadfoot

For example

(tu)

You really just have to look at some of the threads on here. I'm sure after the 7-1 against Hamilton someone criticised Ferguson for just having played well and not having been an absolute standout.

I've taken to watching games with the sound muted these days, mostly because I can't cope with the inane ramblings of the commentator or his co-host, the side effect of which is that you don't get caught up with the hype of the roars from the crowd - you end up watching the game for what it is and on pure a football level Ferguson has been gash for more than 2-years so yesterday, for me, he was as he has been - anonymous for most of the game.

He stifles Mendes and Davis and gives Davie Weir more of the ball than he does his forwards.

Body-language-wise he looks like a man who's been told he's off soon.

If so, you'll not find me shedding tears for Radio Catolica's pal.