Genuine Wide Men

Del

While some may say that Novo isnt a winger theres no doubt that him and Burke playing in that LM position gave us width and made a massive difference today!

Even though there ability can be questioned they were always on the touchline stretching the back four and giving the strikers and midfielders more room in the centre of the pitch.

Our first goal came from a great run by Novo down the left and a world class finish from Mendes, the 3rd goal again a great ball in from Burke on the left hand side.

I know a lot of people on here have been crying out for Aaron to get a game but i think that Novo,Burke or Aaron could all do a job there.

And having a wide man out there who will take a man on will do the team wonders!

Please Walter no more Adam, McCulloch or Lafferty!

Burke barely took a man on down the line, most of his "creative play" i.e assist for gaol 3.....was when he cut inside

I dont remember him once hitting the byeline in true winger fashion

Burke barely took a man on down the line, most of his "creative play" i.e assist for gaol 3.....was when he cut inside

I dont remember him once hitting the byeline in true winger fashion

He took on his man a couple of times and got some decent success from it IMO...

Im not saying Burke is the answer just that when we play an actual winger the whole team looks more balanced.

Burke done more in that 30mins than Lafferty, Adam or LM has done all season!

The run where he beat the winger, cut inside and hit a shot was good.

And for the 3rd goal he may have cut onto his right foot but the ball was still delivered from out wide and thats the difference...

Burke couldnt really hit the byline and deliver anything on his left foot. Cut in well and put in a superb cross for Boyds 2nd. Id play Burke on the Right. and probably Aaron on the left as he can use both feet pretty well cant he . will have the option to cut in as well

I didn't think Novo had a very good first half, but he showed some life after half time and made some good plays. Burke did alright, nothing really to complain about. We have wide options on the team, the question is will Walter feel comfortable using them?