• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mcgregor:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :beasley:

:boyd: :miller:

Bench:

:alexander: :fleck: :aaron: :Naismith: :whittaker: :mcculloch: :novo:

As usual, left midfield is the only position that doesn't almost pick itself. Could be Beasley or Adam.........less likely to be Aaron, Fleck or McCulloch. It seems Naismith will play some part, but I can't see him starting. Much more likely to come off the bench to replace either Miller or whoever starts at LM.

I see lots of people have opted for a more experimental line-up for this game, but I think that would be a big mistake. St Johnstone are the best team in the 1st Division and will, more than likely, be a Premier League side next season. Therefore we should take no chances against them and field the strongest team possible. And at the moment, our strongest, most reliable 11 doesn't include Edu, Aaron, Naismith or Fleck. If we can get past Saints then some of the fringe players can and probably will get a chance against either Forres Mechs or Forfar.

St Johnstone 0 - 2 Rangers

:rangers: :rangers: :rangers:

I'd be looking at resting some 1st team regulars and giving some of the squad players a run out tomorrow night:

----------------------Alexander---------------------

Whittaker----- Broadfoot -----Bougherra ----Smith

Aaron ------Ferguson ------Davis------- Beasley

--------------------Novo --- Boyd----------------

Would be looking to get Fleck and Naismith on at some point.

Also would have had Edu involved but don't think he'll be fit enough.

It would also be good to see how we would play with two natural wide players in Beasley and Aaron.

I'd be looking at resting some 1st team regulars and giving some of the squad players a run out tomorrow night:

It would also be good to see how we would play with two natural wide players in Beasley and Aaron.

I think you are grossly underestimating St Johnstone. They are not the typical lower-league side you seem to assume they are. They are top of the 1st Division and will, in all likelihood, be a SPL team next season.

No chance would i "rest" Mendes for this. We struggle at going to grounds like this, we will need to have a very good team out if we want to win this, it certainly wont be 4 or 5-0 , this will be a struggle, i'll take 1-0 right now

i'd drop miller, hes been poor the past few games, dont think hes 100% fit. No point making him play when we have plenty of cover. Stick him on the bench just incase but i wouldnt start him.

I'd prefer to drop Miller for this game too and Walter may well do that, with Novo playing in his place.

:mcculloch:

:mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch:

:mcculloch::dailly:

Bench:

:mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch::mcculloch:

Fixed (tu)

:mcculloch::mcculloch:

Bench:

:barf:

:mcculloch::mcculloch:

Bench:

:barf:

We'd win everything with that team :craphead:

haha

also, do we expect Bpyd to feature? I'm not sure if I do. There's the issue of potential injuries as hios transfer is being negotiated (especially considering job St Johnstone did on us last time we played them) plus he's bound to have other things on his mind...

First of all for all the people that have said Edu. He is still injured.

My team would be

:broadfoot:

:bougherra:

:weir:

:papac:

:davis:

:ferguson:

:mendes:

:aaron:

:boyd:

:novo:

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :beasley:

:boyd: :miller:

Bench:

:alexander: :fleck: :aaron: :Naismith: :whittaker: :mcculloch: :novo:

As usual, left midfield is the only position that doesn't almost pick itself. Could be Beasley or Adam.........less likely to be Aaron, Fleck or McCulloch. It seems Naismith will play some part, but I can't see him starting. Much more likely to come off the bench to replace either Miller or whoever starts at LM.

I see lots of people have opted for a more experimental line-up for this game, but I think that would be a big mistake. St Johnstone are the best team in the 1st Division and will, more than likely, be a Premier League side next season. Therefore we should take no chances against them and field the strongest team possible. And at the moment, our strongest, most reliable 11 doesn't include Edu, Aaron, Naismith or Fleck. If we can get past Saints then some of the fringe players can and probably will get a chance against either Forres Mechs or Forfar.

St Johnstone 0 - 2 Rangers

:rangers: :rangers: :rangers:

"Therefore we should take no chances against them and field the strongest team possible." BEASLEY???