***The Official St. Johnstone v Rangers Thread***

Muff

Steven Naismith is set to start out on the left according to a lot of the rags.

We should put him upfront and Fleck or Aaron on the left.

It'll be interesting to see if McCoist is managing the Scottish Cup games this season.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS has the old c*nt ever going to give Aaron a shout aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh fcuking hate Smith with a passion

You and me both, I'm sure he's doing his best to run the club into the ground the old bastard.

FFS has the old c*nt ever going to give Aaron a shout aaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhh fcuking hate Smith with a passion

You and me both, I'm sure he's doing his best to run the club into the ground the old bastard.

I would love to see what is going auld yin head

I would love to see what is going auld yin head

Well it's not good tactics or thinking of giving youth a chance!

Smith hasn't got any balls - he's just Murray's yes man. I think that is why PLG never lasted as he wasn't willing to be that man.

does mccoist not pick the team for the scottish cup, or does he just do the team talks n that?

I'd be looking at resting some 1st team regulars and giving some of the squad players a run out tomorrow night:

----------------------Alexander---------------------

Whittaker----- Broadfoot -----Bougherra ----Smith

Aaron ------Ferguson ------Davis------- Beasley

--------------------Novo --- Boyd----------------

Would be looking to get Fleck and Naismith on at some point.

Also would have had Edu involved but don't think he'll be fit enough.

It would also be good to see how we would play with two natural wide players in Beasley and Aaron.

I think you are grossly underestimating St Johnstone. They are not the typical lower-league side you seem to assume they are. They are top of the 1st Division and will, in all likelihood, be a SPL team next season.

This team whould still be good enough to beat St Johnstone.

I'm not underestimating St Johnstone, i feel the players mentioned are good players and would be capable of doing the job required!

<cr>

Why am I not surprised?

You should be, Naismith has generally always played as a wing forward not an out and outstriker, so, in essence, he is going to play in his natural position :craphead:

:mcgregor:
:broadfoot: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:ferguson:
:davis: :mendes: :Naismith:
:novo: :boyd:

I think that's what we'll see tonight. I don't know if Miller is struggling but I wouldn't have him near the team as he's been pish for the last number of games.

:broadfoot: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :Naismith:

:novo: :boyd:

I think that's what we'll see tonight. I don't know if Miller is struggling but I wouldn't have him near the team as he's been pish for the last number of games.

Thats not a bad team at all mate, especially if Ferguson actually sits, like he did in 2nd half of last game

:broadfoot: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :ferguson: :beasley:

:boyd: :miller:

Bench:

:alexander: :fleck: :aaron: :Naismith: :whittaker: :mcculloch: :novo:

As usual, left midfield is the only position that doesn't almost pick itself. Could be Beasley or Adam.........less likely to be Aaron, Fleck or McCulloch. It seems Naismith will play some part, but I can't see him starting. Much more likely to come off the bench to replace either Miller or whoever starts at LM.

I see lots of people have opted for a more experimental line-up for this game, but I think that would be a big mistake. St Johnstone are the best team in the 1st Division and will, more than likely, be a Premier League side next season. Therefore we should take no chances against them and field the strongest team possible. And at the moment, our strongest, most reliable 11 doesn't include Edu, Aaron, Naismith or Fleck. If we can get past Saints then some of the fringe players can and probably will get a chance against either Forres Mechs or Forfar.

St Johnstone 0 - 2 Rangers

:rangers: :rangers: :rangers:

"Therefore we should take no chances against them and field the strongest team possible." BEASLEY???

Only 5 subs, including a keeper for Scottish Cup matches, 2 under 21,s in the match 16.

This is team I would want

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:

:davis: :fleck: :aaron:

:boyd: :Naismith:

Subs to use

:novo:

:mendes:

:ssmith: if available