Barry Ferguson

Right before I start one thing that I must state is that I myself do not feel that Barry Ferguson has been performing anywhere near the level in which is expected of a Rangers captain HOWEVER...

We as fans have very short memories! It was not that long ago where we were in a situation in which Ferguson was our shining light! We also must remember the man has led out some total duds in his time and fought tooth and nail to keep us in games where other players gave up...

I am not saying we should keep him however some of the insults about a man who loves the club on here have really puzzled me.

So I ask the question...

How can we as fans turn on one of our own in such a way?...

This is a man who led our club to a UEFA cup final and stood up against the very best on many European nights where other so called "big-game" players hid...

This is a man who has played through the pain barrier in our times of need...

This is a man who many other talented players have deemed "one of Rangers and Scotlands best players"...

I agree with you to a certain extent, he is bad mouthed far too often but it happens to a lot of players if they don't give perfection each game.

I also have a problem with Fergie though is that he tries to be every where at once, and if another player in the team makes an error he will have a go at them rather trying to give them support, but no-one is allowed to have a go at him when he makes a rubbish pass or gives away a free kick etc.

I understand he loves the club with a passion and he would probably die for the club but maybe if he took a step backwards and acted like a captain and not a bully, not only would he play better but those around him might be play better also.

change you're username and i might listen to you're opinions, just joking. Its not that im doubting what he has done for us in the past but he is nowhere near the player he was and doesn't merit wearing the rangers top after some of his performances of late.

I agree with you to a certain extent, he is bad mouthed far too often but it happens to a lot of players if they don't give perfection each game.

I also have a problem with Fergie though is that he tries to be every where at once, and if another player in the team makes an error he will have a go at them rather trying to give them support, but no-one is allowed to have a go at him when he makes a rubbish pass or gives away a free kick etc.

I understand he loves the club with a passion and he would probably die for the club but maybe if he took a step backwards and acted like a captain and not a bully, not only would he play better but those around him might be play better also.

I understand what you are saying also... but sometimes I think the Heart rules the head with him... He maybe tries too hard... and maybe the duds that have previously surrounded him on the park have hampered his willingness to trust his teamates once in a while.

change you're username and i might listen to you're opinions, just joking. Its not that im doubting what he has done for us in the past but he is nowhere near the player he was and doesn't merit wearing the rangers top after some of his performances of late.

Yeah I was thinking of WalterhadStyle

Thats what i love about thommo, i noticed that when they played together, thommo would give fergie pelters if he fucked up which was good to see. Hes the only one though that stands up to fergie.

Everyone is making Barry out to be the villain here. Why? Because people still ain't forgiven him for leaving for Blackburn

eh!!!!!!!!!i don't think so old boy, id take cuellar back no problem.

That's a very valid point, but, at the beginning of the season when Thommo played and Fergie was out we appeared to play an awful lot better.

I understand what you are saying also... but sometimes I think the Heart rules the head with him... He maybe tries too hard... and maybe the duds that have previously surrounded him on the park have hampered his willingness to trust his teamates once in a while.

The majority of fans aren't that fickle, Fergie went because the club needed money and at that time he was probably our only asset.

Everyone is making Barry out to be the villain here. Why? Because people still ain't forgiven him for leaving for Blackburn

Totally agree with that part, for me, thats why I thought he was far better than I have seen him in a while in the 2nd half on Sunday. Because he just sat in the def mid role, first time in I dont know how long

That's a very valid point, but, at the beginning of the season when Thommo played and Fergie was out we appeared to play an awful lot better.

The majority of fans aren't that fickle, Fergie went because the club needed money and at that time he was probably our only asset.

:mutley: yes they are, if not more so!

eh!!!!!!!!!i don't think so old boy, id take cuellar back no problem.

So would i. Alot of people wouldn't though

This is a man who led our club to a UEFA cup final and stood up against the very best on many European nights where other so called "big-game" players hid...

This is a man who has played through the pain barrier in our times of need...

This is a man who many other talented players have deemed "one of Rangers and Scotlands best players"...

Yeah he led us to a uefa cup final without really excellin in any of the games

And yeah played threw the pain barrier but became more of a hinderance due to bein unfit and always usin it as an excuse for bein poor since he came back that hes always seems to be injurd

Ferguson WAS a talented player but those days are gone a wouldnt sell him in january ad keep him till thomson is fit then give thomson the arm band and show ferguson the door

Thomson and Davis IMO are our future CM for years to come :unionflag:

Have I missed something?

The fans have 'turned' on Ferguson?

When did that happen?

Yes you have apparently missed something....

If you look through countless threads on this board you will find many members... mocking Barry and insuating that he thinks himself bigger than the club...

Have I missed something?

The fans have 'turned' on Ferguson?

When did that happen?

Yes you have apparently missed something....

If you look through countless threads on this board you will find many members... mocking Barry and insuating that he thinks himself bigger than the club...

aye he gets it bad, he deserves criticism when he's not performing but the extent some people go to is unfair, Barry is FAR from our worst problem, he's still useful to have around and I actually think he looked comfortable at Inverness, wasnt involved as much as I would have liked him to be but I still want to see him starting in CM, I personally get the feeling that he's about to hit some form (cue Muff's 'fcukin brutal!'), for what reason? not sure lol, just a feeling.

maybe the interest from the premiership will give him some of his swagger back.