If, as looks likely, Boyd is going I'd take Phillips as part of the deal

Tontospal

Before anyone jumps down my throat, Phillips is a proven goalscorer and I believe that he could be a valuable addition to the squad - SHORT TERM - until the end of the season if we have noone else lined up.

Whatever your feelings of Boyd he is a goalscorer and those goals will be sadly missed.

Lets hope we keep Boyd.

i don't care if his work rate isn't up to scratch. there are 9 other outfield players to do the work Kris's job is to score goals and i've yet to see anyone with the sort of ratio Kris has.

rough reckons it is healy!!!!

If that is the case then I am quite happy to replace Boyd with Healy.

My reasoning being that IMO Healy is more likely to score in big games (i.e. v celtc) than Boyd.

Boyd has scored a lot of goals but very few have been in big games.

My reasoning being that IMO Healy is more likely to score in big games (i.e. v celtc) than Boyd.

You would think that looking at Healy's International Scoring Record. but then when you look at what hes done at club level then its not that impressive.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, Phillips is a proven goalscorer and I believe that he could be a valuable addition to the squad - SHORT TERM - until the end of the season if we have noone else lined up.

Whatever your feelings of Boyd he is a goalscorer and those goals will be sadly missed.

Without jumping, sell a 25 year old proven goalscorer, and, replace him with an aging cheap goalscorer for the short term?

Not good business

Kevin Philips 35 years of age 24 games for birmingham city 11 goals why is this guy a good signing. are you walter smith in Disguise

At 35 years of age do you think that Kevin Phillips has started all of those 24 games?

His goalscoring record is phenomenal, and he is a player we should have signed years ago.

Kevin Philips 35 years of age 24 games for birmingham city 11 goals why is this guy a good signing. are you walter smith in Disguise

At 35 years of age do you think that Kevin Phillips has started all of those 24 games?

His goalscoring record is phenomenal, and he is a player we should have signed years ago.

At 35 years of age we do not want him.

The last time we signed a striker of that age he left without even getting on the bench.

most important part of that sentence (tu)

but not now

Did he want to come no

so why should we sign him now

we sign him right at 35 we will get about 1 year out of him

and then at 36 your starting to lose it. and his pace will be away aswell

And what about when we get into Europe.

Without jumping, sell a 25 year old proven goalscorer, and, replace him with an aging cheap goalscorer for the short term?

Not good business

I never said it was good business and as I emphasised it is a short term replacement.

Boyd's goals will be sorely missed but Phillips will get you goals between now and the end of the season

Yeah but will Healy score against the other 8 sides on a weekly basis? His club form suggests not.

Yeah but will Healy score against the other 8 sides on a weekly basis? His club form suggests not.

Who knows.

His past club record may not be that great but he has never played for a club like Rangers where he should get more chances than at most other clubs.

I would be willing to take that chance.