Would you accept Owen Coyle as a future Rangers manager?

Tontospal

I'd rather see John Collins at the helm.

id rather see joan collins

I've just joined this forum, and I don't want to be rude, but what a ridiculous thread.

What next?

Should we make a bid for Aiden McGeady?

Why is it a ridiculous thread?

Recently the board has been split over whether Levein should be the next Rangers manager so why not debate whether Coyle should be considered?

I would prefer Levein between the two but I think Coyle is the better manager and if it were purely based on football reasons then I would opt for Coyle but as we all know there's more to it than that.

Coyle won at Ibrox with St Johnstone and this season Burnley have defeated Fulham and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. That's quite a record.

As for McGeady, don't be so ridiculous we are a selling club and can't afford an 8-12 million pound player :rolleyes:

Oh come on, do behave. Whether he is good enough or not (and I doubt he is good enough) do you seriously believe and Irish Republic international will ever play for us, let alone manage us?

Anyway he's beaten a few big teams in the Carling Cup. So what?

Craig Levein is not the answer either. He may be doing a good job at Scumdee Utd, but he was a flop down south. Remember Mark McGhee did a similar job at Motherwell last year to what Levein is doing at Fannydice, and look at him now.

If we're talking new managers we should be going for someone who a) knows what Rangers are all about, and b) has a proven track record. Davie Moyes would be ideal if he wasn't such a t******.

Graeme Souness would be ideal. A second coming that would work out IMO.

Owen Coyle indeed.

So you don't want a ROI international as a manager but you would prefer someone who played for celtc?

As for Souness, I'd like to see him back to take over from Bain or Murray but I don't want him anywhere near the dugout.

I don't want Coyle as manager, I was simply interested to see what others thought and as I thought there are some for and some against,

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just joined this forum, and I don't want to be rude, but what a ridiculous thread.

What next?

Recently the board has been split over whether Levein should be the next Rangers manager so why not debate whether Coyle should be considered?

I would prefer Levein between the two but I think Coyle is the better manager and if it were purely based on football reasons then I would opt for Coyle but as we all know there's more to it than that.

Coyle won at Ibrox with St Johnstone and this season Burnley have defeated Fulham and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. That's quite a record.

As for McGeady, don't be so ridiculous we are a selling club and can't afford an 8-12 million pound player :rolleyes:

Oh come on, do behave. Whether he is good enough or not (and I doubt he is good enough) do you seriously believe and Irish Republic international will ever play for us, let alone manage us?

Craig Levein is not the answer either. He may be doing a good job at Scumdee Utd, but he was a flop down south. Remember Mark McGhee did a similar job at Motherwell last year to what Levein is doing at Fannydice, and look at him now.

If we're talking new managers we should be going for someone who a) knows what Rangers are all about, and b) has a proven track record. Davie Moyes would be ideal if he wasn't such a t******.

Owen Coyle indeed.

So you don't want a ROI international as a manager but you would prefer someone who played for celtc?

As for Souness, I'd like to see him back to take over from Bain or Murray but I don't want him anywhere near the dugout.

I don't want Coyle as manager, I was simply interested to see what others thought and as I thought there are some for and some against,

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

Lets be serious here. Rangers will never have a ROI international in the dugout, nor on the pitch. It doesn't really matter what I want (and I don't want that), it was more of a case of me stating the bleeding obvious.

And yes I'd rather have Davie Moyes over Owen Coyle, but preferably not Moyes at all but more someone like Moyes but without the playing for Celtic part.

I've read some of your previous posts mate and your obviously a wind up merchant.

Stupid me for taking the bait.

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

Lets be serious here. Rangers will never have a ROI international in the dugout, nor on the pitch. It doesn't really matter what I want (and I don't want that), it was more of a case of me stating the bleeding obvious.

And yes I'd rather have Davie Moyes over Owen Coyle, but preferably not Moyes at all but more someone like Moyes but without the playing for Celtic part.

I've read some of your previous posts mate and your obviously a wind up merchant.

alan kernaghan

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

What about Kernaghan then?

Not sure what team he is involved with but he is a ROI international who is coaching at Auchenhowie.

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

alan kernaghan

fair do's he coaches the youths but its a big leap from alan kernaghan coaching the youths to owen coyle managing the first XI

Guest Andypendek

Wouldn't bother me one bit, but I can't see him going for it. Who needs that sort of grief? Then again, he's an ambitious man, and a chance at one of the OF...

To be fair Kernaghan is an 'unusual' ROI international being a Protestant who was brought up in Northern Ireland.

Anyway, if he's good enough, if he's committed enough, if he wants what we want, I'd have him, but if he's not all of those things I wouldn't want him near the place.

To be fair Kernaghan is an 'unusual' ROI international being a Protestant who was brought up in Northern Ireland.

Anyway, if he's good enough, if he's committed enough, if he wants what we want, I'd have him, but if he's not all of those things I wouldn't want him near the place.

Aye a strange one, apparently he played for Northern Ireland schoolboys.

That's interesting - I didn't know that.

How come he played for the Republic?

His faither was a tattie.

norn iron wouldn't have him because he'd grown up in england so charlton snapped him up for roi

norn iron wouldn't have him because he'd grown up in england so charlton snapped him up for roi

Cheers.

I know Paul McGrath was a protestant - any others that have played for the Republic?

Cheers.

I know Paul McGrath was a protestant - any others that have played for the Republic?

alan maybury.lifelong bluenose

Cheers.

McGrath isn't, well his father might have been but his mother wasn't. He is often thought to be Protestant because he spent much of his childhood in a home run by the Church of Ireland.

Kernaghan was born in England so he couldn't play for Northern Ireland despite growing up there, a bit like Andrew Drivers at Hearts.

Cheers.

McGrath isn't, well his father might have been but his mother wasn't. He is often thought to be Protestant because he spent much of his childhood in a home run by the Church of Ireland.

Kernaghan was born in England so he couldn't play for Northern Ireland despite growing up there, a bit like Andrew Drivers at Hearts.

I was sure that I read a quote from McGrath saying how difficult it was to be a black protestant growing up in Dublin

Cheers.

I was sure that I read a quote from McGrath saying how difficult it was to be a black protestant growing up in Dublin

when he first met norman whiteside at old trafford the first thing whiteside said to him was "fucks sake big man,bad enough being a catholic but a black one!

also brian kerr was a rangers fan,his old man was a protestant from belfast

So do we think if the ROI can pick Protestant blue noses we can have a Celtic supporting former ROI international as manager?

Do we really?

They're two different topics.

I personally wouldn't want Coyle as manager but some of the responses show that some of the modern day Rangers fans wouldn't have a problem with it.

Is it any different from accepting Johnson, a died in the wool celtc supporter and ex-player from playing for Rangers?

The vast majority of our support accepted Johnson, mostly with reservations I hasten to add, but support him they did and I don't doubt that the majority would support Coyle as manager.

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

Souness would be a fucking disaster!

Wasnt Jock Stein from an Orange\Protestant background? And a bear?

Didnt do too bad a job at the scum.

My answer is NO, but not because he is a plastik paddy, just I dont think thats the calibre of manager we should be looking at. I would love to go down the continental route again but without the monster munch brigade fucking it up.

So do we think if the ROI can pick Protestant blue noses we can have a Celtic supporting former ROI international as manager?

Do we really?

They're two different topics.

I personally wouldn't want Coyle as manager but some of the responses show that some of the modern day Rangers fans wouldn't have a problem with it.

Is it any different from accepting Johnson, a died in the wool celtc supporter and ex-player from playing for Rangers?

The vast majority of our support accepted Johnson, mostly with reservations I hasten to add, but support him they did and I don't doubt that the majority would support Coyle as manager.

ive just got in from work

yer havin a feckin laff pal

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

Souness, laughing my fucking arse off! The man has fucked up just about everywhere he's been. Fuck me, do you want a football manager or a walking billboard for your protestant, unionist leanings?