Would you accept Owen Coyle as a future Rangers manager?

Tontospal

I'd rather see John Collins at the helm.

id rather see joan collins

I've just joined this forum, and I don't want to be rude, but what a ridiculous thread.

What next?

Should we make a bid for Aiden McGeady?

Why is it a ridiculous thread?

Recently the board has been split over whether Levein should be the next Rangers manager so why not debate whether Coyle should be considered?

I would prefer Levein between the two but I think Coyle is the better manager and if it were purely based on football reasons then I would opt for Coyle but as we all know there's more to it than that.

Coyle won at Ibrox with St Johnstone and this season Burnley have defeated Fulham and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. That's quite a record.

As for McGeady, don't be so ridiculous we are a selling club and can't afford an 8-12 million pound player :rolleyes:

Oh come on, do behave. Whether he is good enough or not (and I doubt he is good enough) do you seriously believe and Irish Republic international will ever play for us, let alone manage us?

Anyway he's beaten a few big teams in the Carling Cup. So what?

Craig Levein is not the answer either. He may be doing a good job at Scumdee Utd, but he was a flop down south. Remember Mark McGhee did a similar job at Motherwell last year to what Levein is doing at Fannydice, and look at him now.

If we're talking new managers we should be going for someone who a) knows what Rangers are all about, and b) has a proven track record. Davie Moyes would be ideal if he wasn't such a t******.

Graeme Souness would be ideal. A second coming that would work out IMO.

Owen Coyle indeed.

Souness, laughing my fucking arse off! The man has fucked up just about everywhere he's been. Fuck me, do you want a football manager or a walking billboard for your protestant, unionist leanings?

he brought us our pride back and set the foundations for 12 in a row.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just joined this forum, and I don't want to be rude, but what a ridiculous thread.

What next?

Recently the board has been split over whether Levein should be the next Rangers manager so why not debate whether Coyle should be considered?

I would prefer Levein between the two but I think Coyle is the better manager and if it were purely based on football reasons then I would opt for Coyle but as we all know there's more to it than that.

Coyle won at Ibrox with St Johnstone and this season Burnley have defeated Fulham and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. That's quite a record.

As for McGeady, don't be so ridiculous we are a selling club and can't afford an 8-12 million pound player :rolleyes:

Oh come on, do behave. Whether he is good enough or not (and I doubt he is good enough) do you seriously believe and Irish Republic international will ever play for us, let alone manage us?

Craig Levein is not the answer either. He may be doing a good job at Scumdee Utd, but he was a flop down south. Remember Mark McGhee did a similar job at Motherwell last year to what Levein is doing at Fannydice, and look at him now.

If we're talking new managers we should be going for someone who a) knows what Rangers are all about, and b) has a proven track record. Davie Moyes would be ideal if he wasn't such a t******.

Owen Coyle indeed.

Souness, laughing my fucking arse off! The man has fucked up just about everywhere he's been. Fuck me, do you want a football manager or a walking billboard for your protestant, unionist leanings?

12 in a row????

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

12 in a row????

yes thats what we should have won, but walters bottle crashed when going for 10 in a row.

Alright then, I'll ask you this. You'd accept Owen Coyle by the sounds of it, but what about another, better, ex ROI International, who is I may add, currently looking for a job?

Roy Keane?

No.

Didn't think so.

So do we think if the ROI can pick Protestant blue noses we can have a Celtic supporting former ROI international as manager?

Do we really?

They're two different topics.

I personally wouldn't want Coyle as manager but some of the responses show that some of the modern day Rangers fans wouldn't have a problem with it.

Is it any different from accepting Johnson, a died in the wool celtc supporter and ex-player from playing for Rangers?

The vast majority of our support accepted Johnson, mostly with reservations I hasten to add, but support him they did and I don't doubt that the majority would support Coyle as manager.

Who's this fecking Johnson character you're banging on about?

Johnson?

Never heard of him.

I don't know if you mean Mo Scumball Johnston, but believe me, not every Rangers fan accepted him.

Far from it. Yes some of the goals were enjoyable, but only if you pretended it was someone else who scored 'em.

What next?

Owen Coyle indeed.

12 in a row????

yes thats what we should have won, but walters bottle crashed when going for 10 in a row.

Youre bing extraordinarily hypothetical.

I do also blame Walter for fucking up 10IAR but as much as I think WS deserves criticism, he won his fair share of titles without the help of Souness.